Dr.Stone

Gun optics could be better..

Will we ever have optic's in game that look realistic instead of just zooming in the entire screen? I tried my hand at Photoshop to demonstrate what I mean. 

ahnv58y.jpgFgc4iId.jpg

QYSq3HL.jpgfcZzIPe.jpg

Another good example would be from Red Orchestra 2

20110919204125.jpg

I think it would make the game that much more immersive and add that extra bit of realism to the game. 

Edited by Dr.Stone
Spelling

This question comes up once or twice a month. In short, no.

Picture in Picture scopes are too big of a performance hit right now. I think that they used to be in game during the early stages but were removed due to framerates being destroyed. Maybe if some near-impossible, insane optimizations are made, but until then they will not be part of Squad. 

This has been discussed ad nauseum, I'd suggest searching the forums mate.

Simple short answer, not likely...as PIP or RTT scopes impact performance, and SQUAD will be pushing the limits of hardware with the game features that are already or slated to be implemented in the future. 

Some sacrifices have to be made, and scope rendering is one of them.

20 minutes ago, Verdin said:

This has been discussed ad nauseum, I'd suggest searching the forums mate.

Simple short answer, not likely...as PIP or RTT scopes impact performance, and SQUAD will be pushing the limits of hardware with the game features that are already or slated to be implemented in the future. 

Some sacrifices have to be made, and scope rendering is one of them.

Well shucks... hopefully the game gets to the point where optimization is good enough that PIP can be implemented. 

Also I was not quite sure what to search so I just posted a form. But now I know its called PIP xD thanks for the answer anyway. 

Edited by Dr.Stone

10 minutes ago, Dr.Stone said:

Also I was not quite sure what to search so I just posted a form. But now I know its called PIP xD thanks for the answer anyway. 

Haha no problem. Make sure you read the original thread from almost 2 years ago. It has a lot of developer input and discussion from the community.