Sign in to follow this  
Spinelli

Titan IM

Someone, besides me and BlueDrake42 are excited withall the possibilities that TitanIM (OutTerra engine) can bring?
Imagine a PR or a SQUAD game with PLANET Scale, with 1k+ players like Planetside 2?

This engine sounds like a charm to do that.

As far as I know it's going to be out only for military use though isn't it, similar to VBS? Though I imagine if you were to purchase it in the future it'd be quite expensive.

It's a cool project to watch to see what it evolves into but I'm not excited about it from a game perspective. It's just that, possibilities. It's nothing new or groundbreaking

in this industry. Just a visual aid to help you imagine "one day" scenarios.

People who are daydreaming about these possibilities are just overhyping it without having a technical understanding of what it would take, in terms of time and resources, to build upon the base of what's being shown. Give that to a team of 100 experienced developers across different disciplines and they just might be able to make something rivalling ARMA in a year or two of development. Let that sink in.

Then again, people sold their souls and bank accounts to Star Citizen when it was nothing but concept art and fancy pitches.

Either way, until a solid development team picks this up and decides to work on it for a few years... all this hype about imagining the next best military sandbox after ARMA is just nothing but dreams and hopes. If someone capable and experienced does pick it up then I'll be sure to follow the development of it.

What sort of system would be necessary to run this monster? But the actual infentry side to it,I'm not that impressed, the other stuff...Oh so pretty....

Edited by Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX

Bluedrake has it right about the concept of a planet size map.  The battles will be at the front lines where ever that will be, the whole planet will not be populated, nor is it necessary.  I like the interior of the tanks a lot, its exactly what I would do. :)

On 2/18/2017 at 4:21 AM, Assi said:

Then again, people sold their souls and bank accounts to Star Citizen when it was nothing but concept art and fancy pitches.

You've got to respect the fact that Chris Roberts stole Andrew Hussie's "business model" and figured out how do it even better! Lol...