Merlin

Game Title Opinions And Suggestions

Like the idea of subtitles. Combined Arms getting my vote so far. Few others for thought

Squad: Joint Force

Squad: Joint Command

Squad: Operations

If the plan is to have the equipment and setting in a not too distant future (2016-2024) then Squad: Future Conflict perhaps

The problem with the current name is its ability to be branded and marketed; it's not unique enough for either. And adding a subtitle will just make it seem like the game is an expansion pack of a game called Squad

Just keep it at SQUAD! There's been about 2 half decent other names in this whole thread.

Here is all the names that were suggested until now.

Combined Arms (Melbo)
Chain of Command (wrecker)
Project Warfare (gunbattle)
Dogs of War (gunbattle)
War is Hell (gunbattle)
Platoon: Dogs of War (gunbattle)
anything + Squad (Antol)
Squad: Rules of engagment (IrOnTaXi)
Squad: Teamwork Redefined (IrOnTaXi)
Squad: Assault and Secure (IrOnTaXi)
Combined Arms: Teamwork Redefined (carmikaze)
Squadron: Rules of Nature (Qaiex)
Deployment (Mango_Flame)
Squad Combat (unfrail)
Down Range (unfrail)
Squad: Battlegrounds (carmikaze)
Joint Combat / Joint Conflict (Alonzo)
United Assault / United Combat / United Force / United Warfare (Alonzo)
Full Spectrum Warfare / Full Spectrum Combat / Full Spectrum Operations (Alonzo)
Squad: Coordinated Warfare (Leo)
Squad: Oscar Mike (Smeggles)
Squad: First Deployment (TheSauceBoss)
Squadron: BOHICA  (Qaiex)
Squad Reality (EA_SUCKS)
Squad: Modern Warfare (brazooka)
Squad: Duty and Honor (WoODs)
Squad: Joint Force (AnimalMother)
Squad: Joint Command (AnimalMother)
Squad: Operations (AnimalMother)
Firepower (gunbattle)
Battlesquad Reality Project (CR8Z)
Freedom Force (Qaiex)

Deployment, for whatever reason has a bit more substance to it than Squad. maybe its because there are police squads, cheer squads, death squads etc. But Deployment almost invariably conjures the image of moving with a squad/platoon/company into a warzone for guided military operations. +1 from me.

Here is all the names that were suggested until now.

Combined Arms (Melbo)
(snip)

Combined Arms was my suggestion in the previous thread. Copyright bitchezzz :P

While "Deployment" is much better for reasons poster above mentioned, it doesn't solve the problem of being distinct and brandable. It needs a subtitle like combined arms, something warfare,...

Insurgency suffers from the same problem. However, simply adding "game" to the search alleviates any confusion. People are going to find out about this game from friends, steamsales, and IGN. they will know what to look for and that a BBC article is not what they are looking for. "Game" is a fairly obvious search refinement term for someone looking to read more about the game Deployment.

It is unique in its genre even. there are no other games that I am aware of that use Deployment in the title, as opposed to Combined Arms or Modern Warfare or Infantry Combat etc etc.

My favorites are now Deployment, and Down Range. Maybe a combination of the two, like "Deployment: See You Down Range"

Combined Arms was my suggestion in the previous thread. Copyright bitchezzz :P

Actually a few years back, there was already a Combined Arms Mini-Mod for Project Reality. The full title was BF2: Project Reality: Combined Arms, which featured even MORE realistic gameplay than regular PR, but the project was was abandoned by its creators. Though some of its innovative features, such as hydra deviation and jet flare effects, were rolled into core PR. 

While "Deployment" is much better for reasons poster above mentioned, it doesn't solve the problem of being distinct and brandable. It needs a subtitle like combined arms, something warfare,...

I agree. PR, with BF2 at its core, was a combined arms game. Though the name Squad makes sense for now because initially it'll just be mostly infantry combat in the Alpha and Beta, the name won't be as relevant once the other vehicular + teamwork features are incorporated. For those reasons, Deployment or Down Range won't work as well. 

I stand by my suggestion: Full Spectrum Warfare. Why?

• It's based on a real military doctrine, full spectrum dominance. So it sounds like something real and not like a made up shitty war movie title.  
  • It describes what the game is about: "Combined Arms Warfare."
  • It implies an epic scale and scope that the name Squad doesn't. 
  • It encompasses all types of warfare from all time periods with the words "Full Spectrum," so other mini-mods from eras like Vietnam, Falklands, WWII can be added. (ex: FSW: WWII, or Full Spectrum Warfare: Vietnam).
  • It sounds cool, catchy, marketable, searchable, unique, and memorable. 
  • It sounds a little mysterious, like 'what is Full Spectrum Warfare?'
  • Can be shortened in speech (ex: Spec-War). "Hey check out this game Full Spectrum Warfare." Or. "Let's play some Spec War tonight."

Actually a few years back, there was already a Combined Arms Mini-Mod for Project Reality. The full title was BF2: Project Reality: Combined Arms, which featured even MORE realistic gameplay than regular PR, but the project was was abandoned by its creators. Though some of its innovative features, such as hydra deviation and jet flare effects, were rolled into core PR. 

Sounds great, wish I'd played it. BTW one of the devs mentioned that they're playing around with the idea of having an ultra-realistic mode for this game as well.