Merlin

Game Title Opinions And Suggestions

I thought I'd create this as an official place for people to talk about the name (whether they like it or not) and suggest new titles if they dont.

It's obviously very early in the creation of the game and to date much of our focus has been on making it as opposed to marketing it.

You as a community can help us quite a bit by providing input and coming up with ideas that may work better.

I understand many people will want to call the game "Project Reality" but for the sake of discussion lets just assume that is not an option (as it probably is not anyway)

And regardless, we really are trying to avoid marketing the game as having a focus purely on realism.

The best way I could frame this discussion would be "If you could go back in time to the creation of Project Reality for Battlefield 2, and show Requiem what the game would turn into today, what would you have him call it given the game's unique focus on teamwork and communication."

Discuss / Suggest away!

I don't see anything wrong with it personally. Although the Combined Arms suggestion would ultimately fit.

Posted Image

What about something along the lines of Chain of Command.  Something that puts emphasis on the organization and leadership, of course I think Squad does this too.  But may be a little more noticeable

it's a shame we can't have Project Reality in the title... :(

Project Reality was always an awful name. Good riddance.

Without a subtitle, this game will be INCREDIBLY hard for people to randomly stumble into. Melbo's idea is a good one, as it should stop all the random Battlefield 3 and 4 videos popping up when you search. 

I think its not a bad name, it will just take some time to get used to. I do like the idea of Squad: Combined Arms.

as i mentioned b4, try telling a friend to find this game on google or youtube. 

me: "check out this new game coming out its called Squad. they have a video on youttube"

friend/potential new player/supporter: "ok i'll youtube it"

me: "you see it? awesome huh!"

friend/potential new player: "i cant find it, just a bunch videos about l33t sniper squads for bf4"

me: "trying googling 'Squad game' 'Join Squad"

friend/potential new player: "i did, and well, just a bunch of battlefield and other fps game stuff"

me: "[thinks of the problem] doh! [facepalm]

Project Reality was always an awful name. Good riddance.

That's something I've always believed, good to see that I was not alone.

And as for the new title, I couldnt think of anything better than "Squad: Combined Arms". "Chain of Command" also sounds great to me.

That's something I've always believed, good to see that I was not alone.

And as for the new title, I couldnt think of anything better than "Squad: Combined Arms". "Chain of Command" also sounds great to me.

"project reality" although kinda...wierd, really grew on me over the years. "Squad" is too general and even ambiguous anywhere in the title. SQ, like PR, are truly unique games and need a unique title, imo.

"chain of command" sounds awesome +1!

i was thinking "Project Warfare", or "Dogs of War", "War is Hell"

"Squad: Combined Arms" is decent. Makes it easily searched for on Google while keeping the focus on the squad dynamic. The "Combined Arms" subtitle allows some of the large scale and vehicle gameplay aspects in the title without it being too wordy.

Yes. Squad: Combined Arms sounds better. And adding a sutbitle to "Squad" is a good way remain this domain.S:CA. Lets play SCA:) Sounds good.Edit. Maybe my suggestion.Squad: Comb... Ah damn it. Cant find better title :P

vote for Obaama

i lol'd good with that one

the thing about the word "Squad" is that a squad is a relatively small group of forces, only a hand full, and the game is actually going to be more on a platoon vs platoon level. how about "Platoon: Dogs of War"? id like to see the word war or warfare in the title. again though, Chain of Command is a great name +1

@gunbattle, but what with this domain: joinsquad.com ? How this could keep it?

I really like Squad: Combined Arms, I think it has a nicer ring to it then just Squad, and easier to search for.

I do like the sound of Squad: Chain of Command.

It implies a certain level of seriousness and informs the n00b that he is not a one man army and has much to learn from his experienced brethren.