Zeno965

The Wrench - January 2017 Edition

1 hour ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Just confirmed water penetration made it into alpha-9. rest easy my friend! 

Finally! Even if it will be the only line in a9 changelog, the update will be worth it.

1 hour ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Just confirmed water penetration made it into alpha-9. rest easy my friend! 

Bullets don't travel far through water and do any significant damage so I hope you guys have not messed that up. Much rather see restrictions for players using water as cover by limiting the time they can stay submerged and firing their weapons. For example if you remain underwater for more than 10 secs you start taking 25% damage per second. If submerged prone in water you move verrrry slowly.

15 hours ago, Wonder said:

Instead of building new maps or apc's I think it's about time we see some tanks in the game .

Don't you think ???

Modders can work on whatever they want, and unless track physics are in the game, modders won't really add quite a lot of tanks.

This is a modding recap, not the official dev log.

6 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

Bullets don't travel far through water and do any significant damage so I hope you guys have not messed that up. Much rather see restrictions for players using water as cover by limiting the time they can stay submerged and firing their weapons. For example if you remain underwater for more than 10 secs you start taking 25% damage per second. If submerged prone in water you move verrrry slowly.

oh god... give me a break.. take your uber realism somewhere else.. lol..  

Eventually drowning will be added yes. I would also like some physics on our water. 

13 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

oh god... give me a break.. take your uber realism somewhere else.. lol.. 

Too bad we don't have signatures anymore, otherwise I'd add this :)

I think people should be a little understanding of the fact compromises may need to be made, particularly at this stage, when it comes to gameplay vs realism. Surely a solution to the underwater camping issue is to be applauded? Yes, it's a bit wonky about the vehicles, but so what? It's not such an inelegant solution, as it's clear they can't always traverse waterways anyway. Just pretend it's the wrong shape to cross in those place or something. Shouldn't be too much of a trial.

Even though Irontaxi let us in on some info, lets not forget this is a thread for the Wrench. Stay on topic guys.

6 hours ago, Assifuah said:

Even though Irontaxi let us in on some info, lets not forget this is a thread for the Wrench. Stay on topic guys.

thanks boss.. ill shut my mouth and get back to work.. i get triggered sometimes.