Lio

Resolutions

Hello Guys, i just ordered a new Monitor, the monitor is  2560 x 1440 , will i have less FPS using 2K Resolution? And to compensate if i turn Super Sampling to 1.0x will that work(currently using 1.25x)? Or will i have bad image even tho im using 2K Resolution, sorry for the confusing really dont know what im talking about :/

My Specs: i7 4770K, GTX 970, 16 GB-Ram.

Edited by Lio

Yes it will, my monitor is Asus Roger swift p348q. Because ur graphy card has render more pixels than most 1080 monitor.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6853 發送

22 minutes ago, sunkist said:

Yes it will, my monitor is Asus Roger swift p348q. Because ur graphy card has render more pixels than most 1080 monitor.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6853 發送

But maybe i dont need to use Super Sampling anymore? 

I have a similar setup, and I'm at 1080p with no super Sampling at all, what anti aliasing do you have, also I don't know a good way to check fps in squad.

Edited by Engagedrook8

Using higher resolutions will decrease your FPS. More pixels to render, more GPU/CPU work, less FPS. 

I don't know if 1440P will replace super sampling, but I would assume so. Many people claim 1440P with no super sampling/anti aliasing looks better than 1080p with. Test it out for yourself, and find the right mix of performance and quality.

1 hour ago, Engagedrook8 said:

I have a similar setup, and I'm at 1080p with no super Sampling at all, what anti aliasing do you have, also I don't know a good way to check fps in squad.

I dont use Anti-Aliasing 

1 hour ago, Nikko B said:

Using higher resolutions will decrease your FPS. More pixels to render, more GPU/CPU work, less FPS. 

I don't know if 1440P will replace super sampling, but I would assume so. Many people claim 1440P with no super sampling/anti aliasing looks better than 1080p with. Test it out for yourself, and find the right mix of performance and quality.

I will when he arrives, thank you :)

I recently went from 1920x1080 to 3440x1440 and get the same FPS most of the time.

As we know Squad is largely dependent on CPU so if you have a high end GPU there is a high chance that a good percentage of it is not being fully utilised so you can use that unused GPU power to power the higher resolution.

That's been my experience with Squad and my i7-4790k @ 4.6GHz and 980ti FTW anyway.

Also I'd definitely recommend a G-Sync / FreeSync monitor as that will help smooth things out massively when you do get the inevitable FPS drops below 60.

At 3440x1440 I've personally no need for Super Sampling and I use no in game AA, I use SweetFX/ReShade 3.0 which does a great job of creating a nice sharp image with minimal FPS hit, and I very rarely see those shimmering edges now on foliage.

My Squad experience has largely improved since upping my resolution, the extra pixel density has allowed me to define long distance targets better and has also massively reduced the shimmering edges and the G-Sync has removed any stutter I used to see at 1080p below 60fps.

I'd say my average FPS is probably around 50-55 now taking into account instances of heavy suppression and smoke, sometimes it might dip to high 40's during a very heavy situation and sometimes it'll be over 100 BUT with G-Sync it pretty much feels like a constant smooth 60fps all the time, so much so that I've actually turned my FPS counter off now as it's just not an issue. I can definitely still tell when I'm either in a high or low FPS situation but there is no bad stutter, jerks or lag like I used to get at 1080p 60Hz when below 60fps.

Who would have thought that getting a decent monitor of a higher resolution would have actually made things smoother AND better looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk