Arduras

Performance Suggestion (UE4 Command Line)

So I've seen a lot of arma and source engine command line placebos floating around and I dug through the UE4 documentation. UE4 Cmdline Args

The two I've been using are lanplay and useallavailablecores.

useallavailablecores (not case sensitive, no dash, just the string as is with a space between arguments) brought my FPS from 45-60 to 80-130. HUGE performance gains. 

I would imagine this would help AMD users especially since they generally prefer many weak cores to few strong cores. I kinda wish every game had this now that I've seen what a big improvement it made for me and my non-hyperthreaded quad core.

Tried this out by adding "useallavailablecores" and "-useallavailablecore" in the Steam launch options. Both did absolutely nothing...

Can you give us some video proof of your 80-130fps on a full server? Just film your screen with your phone camera or something simple.

I got nothing too, dash and no dash.

I guess it's not online because the command "lanplay" sounds to me it forces the game to be offline.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Arduras said:

So I've seen a lot of arma and source engine command line placebos floating around and I dug through the UE4 documentation. UE4 Cmdline Args

The two I've been using are lanplay and useallavailablecores.

useallavailablecores (not case sensitive, no dash, just the string as is with a space between arguments) brought my FPS from 45-60 to 80-130. HUGE performance gains. 

I would imagine this would help AMD users especially since they generally prefer many weak cores to few strong cores. I kinda wish every game had this now that I've seen what a big improvement it made for me and my non-hyperthreaded quad core.

Yeah can we get more I fo, as in you were getting this in multiplyer and if you put it in the steam launch options or... and mabey a pic demonstrating this. 

PESZxhU.png

my launch options that gave me the initial boost. For whatever reason after testing I get better FPS regardless of the option, with it only improving slightly now. Not sure why but I know it basically doubled my FPS the first time. 40-80 FPS higher.

Edited by Arduras

I thought you had to add a "-" inb4 the command. If that turns out true then that has to be the fattest placebo.

I linked the documentation, it doesn't say to add a '-'

Besides, if it damn near doubled my FPS I don't care if you think it's a placebo. Either it helps some people a lot or many a bit or whatever just hoped it helped other people. I definitely went from 45-60 to 80-130 fps.

How about some proof then, make a video on a 80player server and show us your framerate.

14 hours ago, Bad Ash said:

How about some proof then, make a video on a 80player server and show us your framerate.

Yeah I'm stilll waiting on a full server proof video.

Sure, but for whatever reason getting rid of the option doesn't cut my FPS back down to what it was before, I seriously don't know why, but I was ecstatic to be higher than 60 FPS consistently so if it's just a video you guys want then sure.

We want proof of the jump yes. A video that shows your low fps and also the huge performance boost video. We want 2 videos not 1, or rather we want to see both, with and without command lines. Because u say that u don't need to put in the commands anymore asif it somehow just gave squad a forever lasting kick start (Boost in FPS) then no one is gonna believe you. Cos it is to good to b true, we want to see your truth/proof.

Edited by Chumpy109g2

Honestly, I'll take what I can get. 80-130fps on a full multiplayer server is basically impossible by all reports I've read (from people with top of the line hardware), so if I can see that video I'll be most of the way to believing that something gave Arduras a boost (perhaps it was the command line, maybe it was unrelated)

9 hours ago, Arduras said:

for whatever reason getting rid of the option doesn't cut my FPS back down to what it was before

Clear the cache?

16 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Honestly, I'll take what I can get. 80-130fps on a full multiplayer server is basically impossible by all reports I've read (from people with top of the line hardware), so if I can see that video I'll be most of the way to believing that something gave Arduras a boost (perhaps it was the command line, maybe it was unrelated)

If you have an overclocked i7 7700K like i do, then you can get frames like that on a full server.

Here is some proof.

But since the OP has an i5 6600K i simply dont belive that he has +80fps on a 80player server.

8 minutes ago, Bad Ash said:

If you have an overclocked i7 7700K like i do, then you can get frames like that on a full server.

Here is some proof.

But since the OP has an i5 6600K i simply dont belive that he has +80fps on a 80player server.

If his 6600k is overclocked it can have a performance almost as good as with a 7700k. Squad (Or almost any other game there is) does not really benefit from hyper threading at all.

EDT: typo

Yeah I just tested. It does diddly squat

My i5-6600K is O/C'd to 4.8Ghz at 1.41v iirc, I could check my bios for the exact voltage if it matters but it's liquid cooled and sits around the 60's C when under load.

it's been O/C since before I installed my games though (shortly after I built the PC and installed Windows 10)

I was thinking of spending some cash on a top-line CPU for Squad, but honestly, an average of 50 fps is fine with me. There will be more optimization patches, and the game later down the road should work better. So I'm happy with what I have.