Jeffreyson

Just make SQUAD like Project Reality (2)!

45 posts in this topic

Whats with these FOB building all over the map and these bad maps and no MEC faction and no teamwork, no realism, people play SQUAD like any other casual shooter etc.

Why dont you make it like Project Reality? Make a Project Reality 2 out of SQUAD and not some bullshit between PR and casual shooter to attract idiots for maximum profit.

What?  Did you read the aims of the Devs?  

8 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

No thanks!  

Alright, valid opinion! Still, do it!

2 Options:

Go back to PR (don't get me wrong, I loved PR but it hasn't aged well for me and the community is terribly elitist)

Or, if you don't like the direction Squad is going, make your own or get a group together to create a "Project Reality" mod that brings more of the PR feel to Squad

Edited by Ratface

Lmao at these responses. You guys are rejecting his perfectly reasonable issues just because he mentions PR. 

1. Squad needs a revamped logistics system in the future. Current system is kinda silly and just allows for pop-up FOBs. PR's crate system was sick, requiring helicopters to airdrop to areas that Logis couldn't reach. 

2. We definitely need another antagonist modernized army, similar to the MEC from PR. I can only take so much US v Russia. It's was severely played out in games over the last decade. 

3. Teamwork: Squad needs better inter-squad communication systems. Direct-comms would like PR would be great. Sometimes I can't hear anybody with all of the comms that don't even involve me. Commander is also something that would be really useful and everyone wants it anyway. KNOW WHAT HAD THAT? PR. 

4. Realism. As of right now I think "realism"  is just fine in Squad. I think what he meant was pacing, which many people agree needs adjustments. I've seen lots of talks about increased weapon sway to emulate fatigue and other factors which would affect accuracy IRL. Know what that resembles. PR deviation. 

Tell me why any of these things shouldn't be in Squad. This guy wants a modernized PR, and a modernized PR is made by taking all of the good things about PR (perfect-imbalance, huge variety of weapons/equipment/vehicles, teamplay/communication, logistics)

and dropping or improving on the things made it not so great (deviation, low view distances, bloody screen, no fastropes, graphics). 

Edited by Flat896

1. This has been in the plans since the beginning and the devs are slowely but steadily working towards it.

2. Core gameplay mechanics first, then more factions who get to use those mechanics.

3. PR had integrated mumble, mumble is not within PR itself, it ran besides it, and has a completely different developer. Creating the same type of communications system from scratch in a game itself is way more difficult, but again, the devs are still working on it. It's not a priority right now over the tracked vehicles and stuff, the current system works well enough for the time being.

4. The devs have been slowing down the pacing a lot over the last couple of versions, especially since the vehicles started to come in.

Don't forget that a lot of the devs here work with UE4 on their game from scratch, and have to manually redesign a lot of the UE4 codes to work for what they want. They are also on a budget since it's a game, not a mod. If they, for example, would include the MEC, they could get copyright strikes from EA, since the MEC is a fictional faction created specifically for BF2.

While Squad won't be an exact "PR2", it will still be something along those lines, realistic hardcore gameplay where teamwork wins the match, but easy to learn the basics of (unlike Arma's controlls).

Give the devs the time they need (rushing will screw it up) and it will all come together as the game we (people who came from PR) pretty much all hoped it would be.

Whats with all the random, stupid requests lately xD

8 hours ago, justachap said:

Whats with all the random, stupid requests lately xD

If you don't ask,you don't get... I suppose :D

Squad = DF:Angel Falls FTW.... :ph34r:

17 hours ago, Flat896 said:

Lmao at these responses. You guys are rejecting his perfectly reasonable issues just because he mentions PR. 

1. Squad needs a revamped logistics system in the future. Current system is kinda silly and just allows for pop-up FOBs. PR's crate system was sick, requiring helicopters to airdrop to areas that Logis couldn't reach. 

2. We definitely need another antagonist modernized army, similar to the MEC from PR. I can only take so much US v Russia. It's was severely played out in games over the last decade. 

3. Teamwork: Squad needs better inter-squad communication systems. Direct-comms would like PR would be great. Sometimes I can't hear anybody with all of the comms that don't even involve me. Commander is also something that would be really useful and everyone wants it anyway. KNOW WHAT HAD THAT? PR. 

4. Realism. As of right now I think "realism"  is just fine in Squad. I think what he meant was pacing, which many people agree needs adjustments. I've seen lots of talks about increased weapon sway to emulate fatigue and other factors which would affect accuracy IRL. Know what that resembles. PR deviation. 

Tell me why any of these things shouldn't be in Squad. This guy wants a modernized PR, and a modernized PR is made by taking all of the good things about PR (perfect-imbalance, huge variety of weapons/equipment/vehicles, teamplay/communication, logistics)

and dropping or improving on the things made it not so great (deviation, low view distances, bloody screen, no fastropes, graphics). 

This guy gets it. Thanks!

The others are like "uh no blabla" and dont get it what PR got its legendary status and played 1000 times better than this SQUAD early access version. I get it its early access alpha bullshit right now with many features and adjustments missing but why release such a bad product then in the first place? User feedback? I dont think so or why I am not allowed to tell them to make it like PR? These devs made PR and they said SQUAD is a successor to PR so whats this with the FOB points building stuff with no logistics and tactics and no risk stuff. And MEC is THE key faction missing in SQUAD, not this unrealistic maybe in the near future US vs RUS stuff. And wtf you can not copyright something like MEC faction and even then it doesnt need to be called exactly "MEC".

I guess SQUAD is like Star Citizen and will become final in 2020 or so... f*cking hate early access, never gets finished and there is no roadmap even when it will be in beta and ETA for full release. Just look at DayZ, 3-4 years and still in early access.

Edited by Jeffreyson

its all good.. request away! we plan to working on squad for a good long while so there is time for more features. 

:)

20 hours ago, Flat896 said:

+++++++

"Why the **** isn't a game in Alpha exactly like a game that's been out and updated for 8 years?!?!"

8 minutes ago, P LANCE! said:

"Why the **** isn't a game in Alpha exactly like a game that's been out and updated for 8 years?!?!"

Thats fine, its just core mechanics are missing so heavily its very concerning.

lol like talking to walls in these posts :/ Squad will be moddable, which post scriptum is already doing! If, when the game is complete with all features you dont like, make a mod, get a server run mod. Super simple concept, just gotta throw in the work rather than make very ignorant threads on a game that doesnt have all its core features in yet to enhance the gameplay etc.. And if they did do it it would be broken and most likely not fun, then you would be complaining why they did that without having the game fleshed out. Just sit back and enjoy the ride and start modding.

20 minutes ago, P LANCE! said:

Haha yeah. And it's going on 12 years. :o

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-bf2-general-discussion/53559-history-project-reality.html#post927370

If OWI was making a Project Reality 2, they would have called it that. (And got the naming rights, etc.) 

The reason why squad is compared to PR so often is because they are both similar on the genre and gameplay. Im sure squad will have depth later. I dont see why its shamed on for comparing the two, the reason why people say 'squad should have this of pr' is because it worked in pr. Its that simple. PR wouldnt be successful if it wasnt good, and SQUAD needs some of what made PR good.

24 minutes ago, DesmoLocke said:

Haha yeah. And it's going on 12 years. :o

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-bf2-general-discussion/53559-history-project-reality.html#post927370

If OWI was making a Project Reality 2, they would have called it that. (And got the naming rights, etc.) 

Precisely. Most of the devs know every single feature of PR, so before asking for some PR feature to be added to Squad, keep in mind there's 99% chances it's been discussed already within the team, and the reason that feature you want in the game isn't there is either because it's still work in progress (and it's not because the feature sounds simple that it can be done with a snap of your fingers), or because we thought it wouldn't fit Squad (and you're free to add it to your PR: Squad mod), or because it's just not a priority atm and we'll ask ourselves if it worthes being added and worked on in the near future, when the most important stuff will be fully done.

I get it its early access alpha

No you don't get it. I too would love for Squad to be PR2, started playing it back in 0.32 and it wasn't half of what you are praising it now, back then it didn't have as many factions, maps, features and assets. So PR too took many years to be what it is today. So give devs time, come back when game is ready. But mind you Squad won't be PR2 but something else which evolved from PR.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where the game will be in a few years time. I think it might not feel exactly the same as PR but i bet it will be close enough to be the spiritual successor to PR, and with quite a few devs from PR working here it would be presumptious to "dislike" in advance the work they intend to do when you liked so much their last efforts on PR.

I loved some of PR's features but I've always viewed this game as the next rendition so I dont expect it nor want it to be another PR, I want it to be what the devs envisioned, thats why I backed it.

The only thing that does make me feel a little skeptical is that at the moment the game feels hollow, but im 99% sure thats because its so early in the development process. Core game mechanics and systems are still being created and implimented, and if I was confident enough to put my faith and my money in this team to make a game I will like to play then I try to remind myself of that when i doubt.

Edited by BigPickle

Tbh the "hollow" feeling is something i have in pretty much most games on the Unreal Engine. I couldn't get myself to play any UE3 game for longer than 10 hours lol, i just didn't like the engine.