Mariner

Serious(ish) Servers?

I think Squad incredible. I've had some fantastic experiences on a number of occasions and can only imagine how brilliant this game will become in the future.

 

I'm really struggling however, to spend more than half a match on most servers without getting disappointed and leaving. I'm absolutely aware that everyone has their own view of what this game is and what it isn't, how it should be played and how to behave whilst playing and that's cool. I'm not your dad.

 

What I'd like to know is, are there any servers currently that are more than just a casual thing? I'd like to find a place where the squads aren't given "funny" names, folks are working together and the majority of chat is about what's happening in-game.

 

I don't have the time to commit to a clan so that isn't an option for me. I'd just like to have the opportunity to play Squad in a semi-serious way when I get the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mariner said:

 

What I'd like to know is, are there any servers currently that are more than just a casual thing? I'd like to find a place where the squads aren't given "funny" names, folks are working together and the majority of chat is about what's happening in-game.

 

I don't have the time to commit to a clan so that isn't an option for me. I'd just like to have the opportunity to play Squad in a semi-serious way when I get the chance.

 

Usually, clan-run servers are where there you can find some more serious gameplay. The issue is that on clan run servers, it can be a bit hit-and-miss due to the administration all being part of the same clan, which can lead to team stacking (with all the admins on one side), dubious practices by clan members that get overlooked, and it being harder to get into the "good" squads because they'll be pre-filled with clan members. But aside from those issues, the stricter clan servers generally offer the higher level gameplay that you would be looking for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the measured reply Psyrus. It's appreciated.

 

Unfortunately, I've had countless matches where I've been part of a squad made up of mostly clan members and my experience has largely been the same. Due to my location (U.K), I play on most of the EU based servers.

 

I'm guessing I just don't fit in a game where at the beginning of it I thought I would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mariner said:

I think Squad incredible. I've had some fantastic experiences on a number of occasions and can only imagine how brilliant this game will become in the future.

 

I'm really struggling however, to spend more than half a match on most servers without getting disappointed and leaving. I'm absolutely aware that everyone has their own view of what this game is and what it isn't, how it should be played and how to behave whilst playing and that's cool. I'm not your dad.

 

What I'd like to know is, are there any servers currently that are more than just a casual thing? I'd like to find a place where the squads aren't given "funny" names, folks are working together and the majority of chat is about what's happening in-game.

 

I don't have the time to commit to a clan so that isn't an option for me. I'd just like to have the opportunity to play Squad in a semi-serious way when I get the chance.

Well, I guess playing squad on public servers will always be a roll of dice in some sense, since in one session you can be lucky and find some solid team play and in another session the frustration is just too high to tolerate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think the squad name is a killer. Mine's normally  English Tea mic uk .  Mines to encourage UK players, that would realise only a English speaker would want TEA in his squad, and the British army is run on Tea. 

 

What are you wanting from your game play? curious.  Close fireteam play with coordinated squad play?  designated patrol area with strict engagement rules.

 

Servers I would recommend, Not in any order

Exodus, Rip, Mumblines , ZXD, QFF are my go too's they normally have good game play.  After a while you will see and get to know what squad leaders you want to join and have enjoyable matches. Or if your feeling up to it, be a SL and run the squad how you want it to be. 

 

Either way Happy Gaming

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The answer is join a clan that isn't strict on you turning up every day and you can go off and play something else for a month and still come back 

 

there's a few clans like this, us at ZXD are ok if you don't come on everyday or if you go off to play Pokémon 3 the secret garden for 3 months! All we ask is when you play squad play with us together and when you play be on discord so we can ask you what server your on or join our discord as a friend and just play with us! As I say we're relaxed about it but if you want to step it up there's regular clan matches you can sign up for https://discord.gg/0q3T0iiYqi9x57Qi 

 

thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What region is ZXD based arround? I'm Dutch tho my English is pretty good, and i prefer to join native-English clans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just start your own Squad and play it how u want to. With time - and if you are doing good - people will autofill your Squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mariner said:

What I'd like to know is, are there any servers currently that are more than just a casual thing? I'd like to find a place where the squads aren't given "funny" names, folks are working together and the majority of chat is about what's happening in-game.

 

I don't have the time to commit to a clan so that isn't an option for me. I'd just like to have the opportunity to play Squad in a semi-serious way when I get the chance.

Try Exodus. Very often I see a lot of tryhards from different clans there. I usually just join squads with clan members who I played with in the past on CCFN or somewhere else. But be careful, there are very bad clans, too. So you have to just figure out which clans are good and which aren't and then it will be pretty easy for you to find good players to play with.

Edited by Skul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

What region is ZXD based arround? I'm Dutch tho my English is pretty good, and i prefer to join native-English clans.

UK/EU region/timezones etc, most of us are on from 7pm every day.

We either populate and play on our server or Squad up and visit some other servers as a group etc. Normally 20-25 players in an evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of good servers out there, just to name a few;

Server names / Server locations
Mumblerines (Sweden)
Exodus (France)
ZXD (France)

RIP (France)
2.FJG (Canada)

 

Mumblerines servers are administered not only by the clan but also by other clans and players.

Edited by Quacken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the responses folks.

 

Actually just had a cracking couple of rounds on the exodus server-definitely the kind of thing I've been after. I'll definitely be checking out the other servers mentioned too.

 

Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try squadops.gg website. They're officially partnered with OWI, and release event every weekly basis. Try it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/02/2017 at 5:43 PM, Quacken said:

There are a lot of good servers out there, just to name a few;

Server names / Server locations
Mumblerines (Sweden)
Exodus (France)
ZXD (France)

RIP (Denmark)
2.FJG (Canada)

 

Mumblerines servers are administered not only by the clan but also by other clans and players.

RIP is UK/EU community with players all around the world,and our server is based in France. 

We have admins that are active 24/7,whenever server has players there are admins online

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now