[WAR]Trentnet

[QFF] Admin abuse of power

37 posts in this topic

Greetings All,

I would like to start by stating on the record that there has been friction between [QFF] and [WAR] in the past

I would also state for the record that attempts were made to appeal the bans in question through discord, [QFF] Mad Ani (admin) has blocked me and refused any further communications. That is why i feel we need to bring this situation here.

05/02/17 - 2 members of [WAR] joined [QFF] server while 2 more were loading up, [WAR] Juba joined the server on the wrong side and switched over to play with the other 2 [WAR] members, regrouping with them they went to flank palace. After running into contact, they moved forward believing a FOB was close. They engaged more contacts and found the FOB.

They covered while one dug up the Fob.

At this point [QFF] Mad Ani sent a message accusing [WAR] Juba of heading straight to the FOB, he then used local voice as well. A few seconds later all 4 members of [WAR] were banned from [QFF] server. No reason given, Below is a recording of the whole incident from server list to ban.

While friction does arise between clans, it is an admins duty to remain impartial and create a good environment for the community. Using admin powers to settle personal grudges is not acceptable.  I have attempted several more times to contact [QFF] Mad Ani on discord and have received the following message.

"ClydeBOT - Today at 8:04 PM
Your message could not be delivered because you don't share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or you were blocked by the recipient.
Only you can see this — delete this message."

@Mad Ani
@Little Jenny

the link to the video of the incident

This is not the kind of actions we want to build our community on.

Thank you all for taking the time to reading this post.

Regards

[WAR]Trentnet

we do understand that however there is a project in the works to share ban lists, if [QFF] shared theirs our 4 members would be banned on all shared servers until we could

contact them and appeal, this post would help in that process, I would also point out that the stigma of being banned for cheating in a growing community like ours is not a good thing. Having 4 members unjustly banned reaches past the present.

3 minutes ago, Planetgong said:

~ Admins are free to kick/ban anyone that they feel necessary to protect the integrity of their server and community as long as this does not interfere with other administration guidelines.
From here:
http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/7849-game-server-administration-guidelines/#comment-126079

Does that also include this?

~ Admins should encourage a fair, friendly and sportsmanlike atmosphere when mediating interaction between players.

and 

~ Admins should not use any admin commands to alter the default game play.

A friendly atmosphere I think is when you get banned (especially when you know the other person / have been in a clan with him) you come talk to the person and except a good reason to be banned and get the option to appeal and reason with.
And is flanking not a major part of the game. Where the US was in the situation to capture Palance, so a flank to the south to set up a FOB is a good strategy? Something the admin in this case fails to see and reason with after the fact.

8 minutes ago, Planetgong said:

to protect the integrity of their server and community

Which type of integrity was violated when the squad decided to flank around south and capture an objective? Also, which integrity was questioned when they randomly found contacts near the area coming outta nowhere and traced it to a FOB?

I suggest going over the video once again. 

Guys. I'm not with QFF, nor did i make the admin guidelines.
I just wanted the show, why they possibly got banned from the server.

You are right, in that way.
I just do not understand, we are a small game, with an even smaller tight community. Why be so harsh on eachother, when you even have been clan mates. 

Edited by FrogScaffolding

sorry planetgong, [WAR] is a family and we can get abit passionate sometimes when our guys are in trouble
We understand you are just pointing out how it could be viewed.

Thank you for posting and i hope we did not offend you

~ Admins should be active in the Game Server Feedback section in the Squad forums. Admins should actively investigate, and address any reasonable concerns or complaints posted for the attention of their server.

Also from guidelines, so they are well within the guidelines to post this asking/appealing the bans

Edited by Anubisvalor

Trentnet" userid="26635"] sorry planetgong, [WAR] is a family and we can get abit passionate sometimes when our guys are in trouble
We understand you are just pointing out how it could be viewed.

Thank you for posting and i hope we did not offend you

No offense taken at all. Tbh, i really like the fact you're fighting together as a clan, also in the forums
I wrote the post
1. to show a possible reason for your ban
2. to discuss this rule, as i think your problem is a good example, why this rule doesn't work

As Juba joined on the wrong side and, as it sounds, your clans group proceed to move on and take out a fob quite quickly you should understand that the admin, rightly or wrongly, might assume your clan was acting on ill gotten intel.

You met 1 guy running from an odd angle and immediately determined that it was a FOB and not a random loner. Seems kinda shady, just saying. Might have been a lucky guess too, I wouldn't resort to banning you immediately without a better proof though.

This only serves to show that we need a team selection screen instead of the game immediately assigning you to one of the teams upon joining. It still wouldn't be a perfect solution, but definitely an improvement. Even if I don't disclose FOB locations to the opposing team if I switched, I still can't unsee what I already saw if I happened to even glance at the map.

1 minute ago, MultiSquid said:

Even if I don't disclose FOB locations to the opposing team if I switched, I still can't unsee what I already saw if I happened to even glance at the map.

You can choose not to say anything or act on that intel if you have a sense of fair play though.

7 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

You can choose not to say anything or act on that intel if you have a sense of fair play though.

And what if you don't have a sense of fair-play? I'm not too worried about those who do.

Would you rather presume everyone is playing fairly instead of implementing a simple solution that would help you at least discourage deliberate cheating?

Edited by MultiSquid

37 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

Even if I don't disclose FOB locations to the opposing team if I switched, I still can't unsee what I already saw if I happened to even glance at the map.

Just like admins don't have to pretend they didn't see something in admin cam.  But its poor taste for any player to ABUSE privileged information, its why it will get a player a hefty ban on our server.

Edited by CageMatchKimsey
clarity

9 minutes ago, CageMatchKimsey said:

Just like admins don't have to pretend they didn't see something in admin cam.  But its poor taste for any player to ABUSE privileged information, its why it will get you hefty ban on our server.

Oh for god's sake, let's not turn this into a witch hunt just because I dared to suggest that someone perhaps wouldn't play fairly. As I already said, I (as in me, the person writing this post) do not disclose information about the opposing team if I (again, me, still the same person) switch, I only outlined a problem (that someone else might), and its rather simple solution (team selection screen). No need for the ominous comments, they're aimed at the wrong person here.

Edited by MultiSquid

14 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

Oh for god's sake, let's not turn this into a witch hunt just because I dared to suggest that someone perhaps wouldn't play fairly. As I already said, I (as in me, the person writing this post) do not disclose information about the opposing team if I (again, me, still the same person) switch, I only outlined a problem (that someone else might), and its rather simple solution (team selection screen). No need for the ominous comments, they're aimed at the wrong person here.

You've lost me.  I edited my post.  My context is players in general and what's appropriate to police on the servers.  The WAR video doesn't 100% clear them in my view, but it does make QFF look itchy.  WAR says there has been friction between them and QFF, why even play there?  Why laugh like a madman if you're unaware of the friction?  Seems like people are enjoying the antagonism, and need a break from the game.

I'd just like to point out a few things here before anything else gets escalated. We did try to solve this with QFF in the first place personally.

Trentnet - Today at 6:56 PM hi sorry to bother but when you have some time can we have a chat? Trentnet - Today at 7:40 PM i'd like to talk about the ban issue that happened earlier today i've sent a message to jenny asking her to have you contact me i'd like to sort this out between our 2 clan and not have it go further

Mad Ani - Today at 7:48 PM Hello Trent, thank you for the message. We have also been message pretty much by every WAR member. I don't believe there is anything to talk about because I know nobody will agree. There are plenty of other servers, but that video doesn't prove anything, but he has the map on the screen, can clearly see FOB locations. They spawned and went directly to that southern FOB. That is metagaming and it got caught. I had no issues with you guys being in our server for the past week and teamed up a few times, however they got caught quite simply. There isn't anything more to say on the matter because it will be a disagreement.

Trentnet - Today at 8:00 PM im sad you feel that way as i understand it, it is our right to appeal a ban on a server. I am trying to do that now. You saying that there is nothing to talk about means you are not open to hear our appeal and are not willing to set up any communication to sort this issue out. Furthermore we do not disagree that they went towards the fob, however the video shows his actions and you can clearly hear comms. He never once gave away the location of the fob and the video clearly shows that when he joined that side [WAR] squad was already flanking through the fields headed to that location. i would also like to point out that you banned all 4 members of [WAR] while it is your choice not to give warnings you banned all 4 members without giving a reason. as an admin it's your job to carry out the duties of admin in an impartial way giving clear reasons for a punishment as harsh as banning. i would also point out that while there are other servers to play on the stigma of cheating sticks to players something the crosses over to other servers do you really feel you acted impartially and without bias and feel you did the best job you could in a fair manner as admin?

The video shows
1) the squad was already flanking
2) juba moving to meet up with them
3) they ran into contact and engaged them followed them to fob
4) at no point did juba use comms to inform in squad or local the location of ANY fob
5) squad members covering as fob was taken down there is no proof of metagaming / ghosting / glitching or cheating i would ask you watch the video again and come to the right choice to lift the ban on all four members for

[WAR] ClydeBOT - Today at 8:04 PM Your message could not be delivered because you don't share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or you were blocked by the recipient. Only you can see this — delete this message.

We then spoke to Odin for advice who suggested putting it on here.

So all means of communication was shut down from him. We now just got a message off Jenny asking us to remove this post and then the bans will be lifted. For us the damage has been done. Anyway the reason we posted on here is because if he did intend to share his ban list to other squads, we could end up being banned from a few servers. 

I'd just like to also point out. We've all be there when we've joined a side and the squads on the opposite team. Does that mean the next clan member to join a server and his squad just happens to find a fob (like in this instance), will be banned instantly? The video speaks for itself anyway. Clearly you can see Bams heading south before Juba has joined. There was no single team south so when they came across the first enemy player, possible fob was called out. Wouldn't anyone suspect that considering there shouldn't be anyone around. 

This isn't a direct aim at QFF also, as we get along with most if not all their players bar one, Mad Ani and this isn't the first time he's raged in game and kicked/banned players because of his temper and losing his cool.

Yeah just waiting for the bans to get out of control because skilled players play appropriately and don't exploit resulting in salty admins on the other team accusing them of hacking and just banning without the need for proof or evidence. I can see this going south at some point in the near future. 

Edited by grimshadow

That laugh made me crack up, that was so funny!

We played with and against you, you always gave us a tough fight! And you got my respect because your graphical settings that look decent with shadows on unlike plenty of other community members who exploit the graphics to get the edge on other people and then boast about it. Even though I do not know the complete backstory to this situation, good players take and cover plenty of ground in no time, thus finding the fob that quickly does not suprise me that guy just led you to it. Again though I don't know the complete backstory.

In regards to QFF server and members, we played atleast 5 sessions on their server. Up until last session only wicked and awesome rounds were enjoyed there by our unit. On the last session though, we were accused of spawn trapping militia main on Fools Road with our BTR-80. When in fact it was not a spawn trap, it was a complete shut down of a northern road, as seen on the battle plan here: 

We placed a FOB, supplied it, built a hulldown position and a vehicle repair station for a BTR as marked on the map. We secured our North and South flank with infantry as marked on the map with yellow arrows. This resulted in atleast 4 enemy vehicles destroyed, 30+ KIA Militia only by our BTR, plus dozens more by our infantry. 

I am sure plenty of you know this already, BTR-80 is unable to effectively traverse hilly terrain and still be effective because it can't climb steep hills and it does not have good turret depression. So its imperative that an BTR-80 is to be used on flat terrain and roads to maximise it effectivness in combat. And we did exactly that, we used its armor and still placed it in hulldown position to protect it from RPG-7s and SPG-9s, and have choosen a long range killzone so we can use its  weapon 14.5 mm KPVT machine gun optics zoom and engage infantry and vehicles.

The eastern route from Militia main was completely open, and we did not have eyes on it at all, it was free of passage for Militia Technicals and Logistical Trucks as marked on the map. The northern route was semi open for Milita as well, where the area is covered by hills and dense trees, which they tried to take and they kind of succeeded until we inflicted some more casualties on them, but were still unable to destroy our BTR.

Instead of using the eastern open route where we had no control or vision and using their technicals to their advantage on hilly terrains etc. they kept coming in our pre-planned killzone on the road in the open all the time, expecting they would somehow by a miracle survive HMG fire from our BTR.

Unable to see this what I just explained and using the advantages of Technicals, they suffered heavy losses (and that possibly made them angry at us), and were accusing us of spawn trapping the main base. I also took my time to come to their discord to explain to them what happened so they can learn from it and become better, this was just discarded and called a "shit move" and a "shit tactic". 

It was very disapointing to see that reaction in a young clan, where our unit (old clan, been here done that from the release) took our time to explain the thing and open our tactic to them, which we now did to everybody. And I doubt that somebody would step out and do a complete crackdown of tactics like this.

Regardless,
QFF is still a server of our choice where we will come and enjoy, we hope for no tensions between anybody.

~S
Rain

Edited by Rainmaker

So regardless if they looked at the map or not, what is the appropriate length of time to take down an enemy fob? You do realize fobs should be defended, and if not or spariadic people in the area they are pretty easy to spot and take down. Especially with many hundreds of hours.of experince 

16 minutes ago, CageMatchKimsey said:

WAR says there has been friction between them and QFF, why even play there?  

We actually got along with QFF, the friction if there was any, was just between Ani and a few players within [WAR] ( Ani, Jenny and Plissken was in [WAR] before they created their own team). We actually help them populate their server and frequently spoke and teamed up with their players. jenny used to ask us to help them fill their server up. So the friction spoke about previously on Trentnet's initial post was really non existent. 

After one contact, 1 single guy...at 3:57 then at 4:00  he called out..'thats a fob..you know thats a Fob guys' and proceeded to run straight at the thing so.. how did he know? :P hat speaks for itself :P and its on the video

Edited by ShadowMuppet