Sign in to follow this  
CR8Z

Trouble Selecting Primary Weapon

I did some cursory searching but found nothing on this subject, so my apologies if this has been covered.

I have also asked many different people while in squads if they have also had this problem to no avail.

My problem is that when I select a different piece of kit, i.e., pistol, grenade launcher, AT, med patch, etc., I am unable to switch back to my primary weapon (Default = 1). This has caused me countless deaths as I am facing an enemy with something quite useless while I pound away on the number 1 key. It doesn't happen all the time, and I haven't noticed any patterns whereby it happens only while using one kit versus another, or whatever else. It seems random, but often enough that it bugs the hell out of me.

Has anybody else experienced this or have a solution if they have?

Have you tried a second keyboard? Maybe your 1 key is messed up. If your 1 key doesn't work, can you reach primary through other means? (ie, scrolling with mouse up?). Have you tried rebinding the key?

I didn't even know you could scroll through the options, though I've tried. My 1 key does appear to be messed up, but only with Squad. The U key was also assigned by default as the secondary key, but it also fails to work sporadically. 

I haven't tried setting everything back to default yet, but honestly, I only change my comm keys from default, so I'm not sure what good that will do, but it's only rebinding 2 keys.