In order to give tracked vehicles terrain advantages over wheeled vehicles I suggest the implementation of mud fields and pot holes where wheeled vehicles can get stuck and infantry be slowed down (kneedeep) in contrast to tracked vehicles which will traverse the mud with ease. I believe this will be rather easy to implement as well. Otherwise I wonder what the benefit of tracked vehicles could be... 

I believe this will be rather easy to implement as well.

I lol'ed. Nothing is easy, you just become better at it.

Not a bad idea tbh, but I can imagine stronghold becoming really hard to assault because the mudpool will become a giant kill zone.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Well I like when truck stuck on fence bridge and so on :D tis fun when whole squad jump around and help to get vehicle out from this "stuck place" it slow down whole unit. But after while sooner or latter the vehicle is rescued and everybody celebrate and continue forward. So we have it already somehow in game :D well not exact its practically somehow bugs but its fun

Last week I stuck with my BTR on fence close to West Petrivka classic we had it exactly in between wheel. It took us 5 minutes with gunner but we made it and rescue BTR from there. He was a new guy in game and he was truly happy that we made it. But it slow our squad in push forward. 

17 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

I believe this will be rather easy to implement as well.

What makes you think so? Do you perhaps have a blueprinted version the devs could work off (using the squad SDK)?

It can be difficult to cross a mudfield yes, so you really will need to be careful with those tracked vehicles, which opens up for an interesting dynamic in the gameplay. Tracked vehicles usually come with heavier weapons though so might balance things up. Otherwise it's really up to the map designers how to balance the map cleverly. 

This is a nice idea, but it sounds painfully difficult to implement and very taxing on performance.

On 5.2.2017 at 4:40 PM, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

You might even implement tow vehicles although I don't find it that important.

A armoured vehicle with the ability to tow other vehicles would be cool to see, I've seen the army with armoured vehicles tasked to tow vehicles that are stuck and whatnot. Think it could be helpful when vehicles get stuck on stones, rails and other objects.

I think just slowing down specific vehicles on specific terrains would be good enough. "Mud" textures slow down and decrease handling of wheeled vehicles, sand reduces traction but won't slow you down as much, ect.

1 hour ago, Catindabox said:

I think just slowing down specific vehicles on specific terrains would be good enough. "Mud" textures slow down and decrease handling of wheeled vehicles, sand reduces traction but won't slow you down as much, ect.

This is exactly what I meant really, except that you might lower the vehicle one feet down into the ground to make it look like it has sinked down into the mud.