SkillzRico

Ghost Recon Wildlands

Played it, one of the most horrible experiences in gaming I've had in the past few months. Overly casualized and got repetitive within the first 2 hours of playtime. Definitely not picking it up.

I was hoping for something like Division on a larger scale with less bullet spongy enemies. I've heard mixed reviews so far.

I was also hoping for a bit more. After the initial new game play and environments it looks a bit rinse & repeat. Going to wait for release reviews but from the beta gameplay it looks disappointing.

The Wildlands beta was probably the worst beta I've ever participated in. They say they spent four years making it but if that's the case they need another four.

The only positive things I can say about it are that enemies aren't bullet sponges and the graphics menu has a perfect layout. Other than that the game is trash.

Especially the driving.

From what I've seen it has horrible AI, you can go Rambo and win no problem and the performance is absolute garbage.

For me Ubisoft is even worse or at least the same level then EA nowadays. I will never buy another game of them before I see some real reviews.

One of the worst games (beta) ive ever played 25gb of pure shit!

only thing i kinda liked was the customization but even that had its limits with the crappy vest and backpacks.

parachuting without a parachute backpack? stupid idea! atleast do what the arma 3 mod does and places the backpack on your chest.

SO arcady its not funny!

I had low expectations for this game and it didnt even get close to how crap it thought it would be..

-8 / 10

i'm getting it simply because i need an FPS to play with my mates - they not interested in Squad in its current form.

i don't have very great expectations about any of it but im williing to try it for a while and see what happens.

we'll be playing in the hardest-core mode available, from the start i think, just to make it worthwhile bothering with.

agree with Kosch', above: Ubi's last chance with me too - EA's already in the bin for me (sigh-inducing regurgitations of BF's every six months)

On 2017-02-12 at 2:44 PM, LaughingJack said:

i'm getting it simply because i need an FPS to play with my mates

Play Arma 2 or 3

Play Delta Force

Play Insurgency

Play Siege.

Play anything but this piece of garbage they're releasing. I can't imagine anyone not getting buyer's remorse from playing the game.

Since For Honor don't have dedicated servers and rely on peer to peer system. Assume it will apply to wildlands, You should play the open beta but don't buy the game. 

Edited by Dennisz125

On 18/02/2017 at 2:00 AM, Rybec said:

Play Arma 2 or 3

Play Delta Force

Play Insurgency

Play Siege.

Play anything but this piece of garbage they're releasing. I can't imagine anyone not getting buyer's remorse from playing the game.

yeah, i hear ya Rybec. unfortunately ArmA's are a little too heavy to get into for some mates. We played the shit outa DF and JO for donkeys'(best games eva!!!). the other two . . . hmm, dunno, i'll have to check 'em out.

As for buyers remorse - i think this one will prove to you right  ;)

I played Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter...That was my 1st & last GR I played & enjoyed.

Hay bud @LaughingJack what about JointOps mate or nobody DownUnder plays it anymore?

Off Topic

Had a real good game tonight at CC's server 40+players (Yea a little bit of a noobs convention,nades,rockets flying allover the place).

K/D: 69 /Deaths: 8 /HeadShots:29....:oThe Old boy still has it!. :D

Hey Raging',

Nah, no one's playing anymore (that i know of) which is a crying shame, damnit!. There is(was?) a few servers in the 'States (OrangeBowl etc.) still running about a year ago, which was fun despite the terrible latency. Ah, i still have hopes for some kind of resurection  :ph34r:;)

GR:W. well playing the open Beta atm. errrmm . . . hmmm . . .  interesting game, Ubi's pushed out.

Highlights are: the blindingly atrocious vehicle controls which are not helped by the 3rd-P-camera that is not fixed to the rear of vehicles - they need to change it to Free-Look selection to pan rather than the current "loose" camera that gives entirely zero feedback as to your direction/height/attitude etc., -  but then this game was quite obviously made-for-console, so the PC controls are hobbled and terrible at best. Enemy AI can be quite deadly if not treated with respect, however this is more than offset by the fact that the weapon mechanics are pretty basic and a bit easy most of the time. Helo's are nearly impossible to fly with any acuracy at all (seriously not joking here).

I say highlights because it is sooo bad it's totally funny for 90% of the time - we have laugh-cried quite a bit whilst trying the get around the joint.

Lowlights are: too many ridiculous hipster beards, and the unbelievably atrocious dialogue - whoever wrote all that should be shot with their own shite excreta and the voice actors cop a slapping for delivering such canned performances. Also, the OTT-Hollywood'ised portrayal of the U.S. forces - cringe-worthy indeed!  No "leaning"?!!. No jumping (only "climbing" on certain surfaces (suspect it's slope-based).

TBH i will be playing this for a while as a mate and i actually enjoy the difficulty and challenge of some of the "jobs", particularly as we are playing as a two-man team - mostly enjoyable all-up if you ignore the glaring holes in some of the games' mechanics.

Edited by LaughingJack

5 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

i will be playing this for a while

Vote with your wallet dude. Every single person that pays for this game is encouraging them to release equally terrible games because they'll still get their dollar.

36 minutes ago, Rybec said:

Vote with your wallet dude. Every single person that pays for this game is encouraging them to release equally terrible games because they'll still get their dollar.

free market brotha! But this is why the dont release demos to everybody before they play the game to see if they like it.

On 2/12/2017 at 10:44 PM, LaughingJack said:

i'm getting it simply because i need an FPS to play with my mates - they not interested in Squad in its current form.

Fair enough they are not into Squad currently etc, why is that?

This will help us point you in the right direction etc.

But my super sense's tell me Insurgency may be the answer here!

Was tempted and watched everything about Ghost Recon Wildlands, but I guessed it would be too repetitive. Looks very similar to FARCRY

not sure if the release will be the same but in the beta a team was limited to a max of 4. This really is a poor game, worse than advanced war fighter if you were unfortunate enough to have wasted money on that one. The experience whilst driving / flying is abysmal, probably the console effect. Got a cliff in your way no problem just drive down it, you bounce off any rocks until you get unharmed to the bottom. The Beta was only on for a weekend for a reason, 2 evenings is enough for anyone, 3 of us played it two evenings and it was "fun" but only due to it being "different" and no one even suggested buying it afterwards, we also played the Division free weekend and had a good discussion on that but decided against it due to the "bullet sponge" and this is from people who played BO2 for 5 years buying and ditching the new CoD/BF every year! Two of us are now in to squad and trying to get our other mates to try it again, they played pre-vehicles but were frustrated a bit with the game play and learning curve, such a difference to CoD/BF but we WILL get them here! Jensen's range is such a better introduction for newcomers than firing range can ever be, perhaps a slightly locked down version with "a training mission" could replace it on the main menu?

On 27/02/2017 at 5:06 PM, Rybec said:

they gunna release it anyway - you need to appeal to the entire gaming community to realise that sort of affront to their business. I get what you mean tho. This is the first time ive thrown money at Ubisoft - if they fail here, which is pretty much a given, then they will never see another cent from me ever again - simples! (i refuse to but another EA title ever again).

On 27/02/2017 at 7:35 PM, ZXD_SHO-SHIN said:

mainly reservations about Squad because of its forced-role-playing basis ( bit too mil-sim'ish ), and the too-full-on sections/groups in the playing community with which you are forced to play. ie: it's too close to ArmA for most peeps.

Lols, i do not need to be steered in the "right" direction, thanks anyway, besides . . .

. . . Your super senses may be a tad wonky. Looked at Insurgency and dont like it because of the limited player numbers due to it being a Source-Clone, and Siege is just another Tom Clancy thing that looks and sounds the same as GR:W but limited to tiny arenas rather than the open spaces of GR:W. Neither is anything we would seriously consider playing long-term.

Ghost recon has been fun to play in the past and we decided to at least give this one a go, regardless of how bad some ssy it is. GR:W is only a fill-in game  for us until something comes along that is more to our tastes.  . . .  or until i can get of my arse and actually do my gameplay-mod for Squad.

54 minutes ago, LaughingJack said:

-snip-

.  . . .  or until i can get of my arse and actually do my gameplay-mod for Squad.

Actually was gonna ask you about this,lol?.

Yea,I haven't even seen me Ol' mucker @rulie at JointOps for along time,saying that,I haven't seen him much in here of late.It's all gone pear shape.

Yeah, i've not had time yet since getting back to work from crissy holidays - been busy, which is gud for business but not for play :(

(or prolly motivation either, due to UE4's broken dynamic lighting, kinda put a "culd'n b bover'd" moz on meself) - also the need to pry open C scripts and change stuff, which i don't know much about . .  . yet.

no idea what happened to Rulie - he does have a habit of dissappearing now and then, sometimes for a long time.

OMG! just logged into novaworld, it still works, lols! wow peeps still chating about DF:AF hahah!!

On 27/2/2017 at 9:35 AM, ZXD_SHO-SHIN said:

I think they are awaiting the new update tbh, at least that's what I am doing right now.