RipGroove

Are scope Bullet Drop Compensators accurate in game?

For example does this accurately represent how the U.S. ACOG scope works in game:

13c5f28d25a51564038f2c602812ed02.jpg

I sometimes have trouble getting a hit on the first shot at medium to long ranges, usually the first missed shot scares the target into cover.

Also, what's a good way of judging range in game? I know the map has a grid but I believe not all maps use the same size grid. Do the widths of the horizontal lines on the above image represent the width of a soldiers shoulders at that given range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah man it doesnt work  , go to your testing range and try your distances there is meters marks :)

If that's true then it's a real shame they don't work as they should. Maybe in the future it'll be accurate.

Isn't that one of the main reasons why they are redoing weapons and separating 3rd and 1st person animations?
Also: Manually zeroing in would be cool too

Edited by Peerun

Isn't that one of the main reasons why they are redoing weapons and separating 3rd and 1st person animations?

No idea.

Just now, RipGroove said:

No idea.

Well I know that when they were fixing the SVD scope - it was totally broken - someone mentioned the weapon refactor in relation to fixing aim issues. 
I might be recalling this wrongly, but I think one of the reasons for why it's kinda broken now, is that the weapon's sights change distance relative to the camera depending on the angle youre looking, stance etc so it's never quite consistent.

Well I know that when they were fixing the SVD scope - it was totally broken - someone mentioned the weapon refactor in relation to fixing aim issues. 
I might be recalling this wrongly, but I think one of the reasons for why it's kinda broken now, is that the weapon's sights change distance relative to the camera depending on the angle youre looking, stance etc so it's never quite consistent.

Well that'll be cool.

I can't wait until sights work as intended with the marks actually working properly. That would be fantastic, I know people who play Arma, Insurgency, and other FPS games that own squad but refuse to play because they hate the gun-play. I'd like to play with them again.

I can't wait until sights work as intended with the marks actually working properly. That would be fantastic, I know people who play Arma, Insurgency, and other FPS games that own squad but refuse to play because they hate the gun-play. I'd like to play with them again.

I also can't wait until the ACOG scope actually stays still instead of constantly jittering all over the place. Once that happens and the markings in the scopes actually work I'll be like a headshot Ninja.

Eh, I like having scope sway, I haven't had it jitter. My issue is that it's kinda blurry.

Eh, I like having scope sway, I haven't had it jitter. My issue is that it's kinda blurry.

Scope sway is fine, it's the jitter that is the problem.

16 hours ago, RipGroove said:

Scope sway is fine, it's the jitter that is the problem.

For some reason even with medium, high, or very high textures scopes in Arma 3 and Squad are blurry and it's a pain.

AFAIK when using the ACOG on the M4, there needs to be more Drop to meet with that chart you have. Atm the 300 meter marker on the ACOG scope is more like 150m. 

There is a bullet fall?-_-:/  

But it is so, hopefully implementing it if it would not be very boring and nothing complex.

Please   Offworld Industries  Make this possible, it's what we want !!

We want realistic physics, real Newtonian physics and the gravity of the bullets

The Best Regards!!

On 6. 2. 2017 at 3:00 AM, LMR Sahara said:

AFAIK when using the ACOG on the M4, there needs to be more Drop to meet with that chart you have. Atm the 300 meter marker on the ACOG scope is more like 150m. 

Depends on your FOV and at what angle you're looking.
The new animation system should fix these issues, afaik.

1 hour ago, Xebirri said:

But it is so, hopefully implementing it if it would not be very boring and nothing complex.

We want realistic physics, real Newtonian physics and the gravity of the bullets

The Best Regards!!

Yes there is bullet drop. Obviously.

4 hours ago, Peerun said:

Depends on your FOV and at what angle you're looking.
The new animation system should fix these issues, afaik.

Yes there is bullet drop. Obviously.

The Best Regards!!

I mean the fall of the bullet but with its realistic gravity ? 

Is correct ?

Edited by Xebirri

YES there is bullet drop. It just doesn't match the markings on the current scopes.

2 hours ago, RipGroove said:

YES there is bullet drop. It just doesn't match the markings on the current scopes.

At least they match and be similar to real life with all the weapons and viewers and give you that complexity when shooting (having to raise the telescopy shigt to eliminate the target) thing that I have not noticed in ACOG nor with any other weapon, you It's very simple in that aspect ?

ss_3210df285f015e6e164577d8576dce3626c14

Squad need this please? We want something real, real and something complex at the beginning (that's what I call innovation) that when you catch the trick is just like another game, simple, meritorious and complex at the same time.:$

It is the key to victory to attract more fans, lovers of realistic games, military and tactical, how can be fully Squad.Con these good virtues as the fall of the bullet for each weapon as happens in arma3 but more realistic still .
Depending on the caliber, weapon or rifle that we have, more reach or less reach of shooting distance, more damage or less damage that the IA receives, for example, make use of  some parts of a sniper rifle.

Such as the target  turrets and regualar turrets, the telescopic viewfinder:

scope.jpg

If my money has served to support this game, I want it to become something big and break the barriers, and say something and a Petition:
I am willing to spread this game in all social networks, friends, family, groups of wassupp gamer etc, so that this becomes reality and if it takes more money to support this project and to be able to achieve all these things ... I am ready.
 (A kickstarter more!! if you need more programmers / developers, so that with a good team of developers can achieve what is done in a more effective, and once and for all have the game of realist definitive shot of all time, by their Newtonian.
and physics, realistic bullet drop and what is discussed above in this same post and the community mentions / requests.)
!! Developers of Offworld Industries "Squad"

¡People get tired of the same thing and we want Squad to implement all these things which is what innovates and attracts the PC audience obviously and the bigger the community Better for everyone !! 9_9:)

The best Regards!!

Sent from my iPhone  using Tapatalk

Edited just now by Xebirri                                           

Edited by Xebirri

Hello and welcome to Squad @Xebirri,

I am happy that you are so excited about Squad.

Still, there are a few things I'd like to mention:

Please be so kind and use the search function. You will find pretty much everything you want to know.
e.g: http://forums.joinsquad.com/search/?&q=bullet drop

§7 Forum structure & Search
[...]
Before posting a new thread, please make use of the forum search to find older threads about the same topic. In doubt, it is recommended to rather post in an existing thread, unless that thread is years out of date. However, do not bump old threads without adding a new question / answer / insight that wasn’t in that thread before - use common sense.

also, please refrain from excessive use of BBCode.

§11 The use of BBCode
It is allowed to use the BBCode in your posts. Over usage is not allowed. You may use the Bold in a reasonable manner but not for the whole text body.

[...]

Moderators will be watching for misuse and will edit when required without giving notice. Continued disregard for this rule will result in Moderator action in the form of warnings.

you can find all forum rules here:

http://forums.joinsquad.com/announcement/11-forum-rules/

Have a nice stay, and have fun with Squad. ;)

2 minutes ago, beginna said:

Hola y bienvenidos a Plantilla @Xebirri ,

Estoy feliz de que usted está tan entusiasmado con escuadra.

Aún así, hay algunas cosas que me gustaría mencionar:

Por favor, sea tan amable de utilizar la función de búsqueda. Va a encontrar casi todo lo que quiere saber.
por ejemplo: http://forums.joinsquad.com/search/?&q=bullet gota

También, por favor abstenerse del uso excesivo de BBCode.

se pueden encontrar todas las reglas del foro aquí:

http://forums.joinsquad.com/announcement/11-forum-rules/

Tienen una agradable estancia, y divertirse con la escuadra. ;)

Thank you i did not know. :)

ss_3210df285f015e6e164577d8576dce3626c14

These would be really nice.
Windage control would be a bit too much, but the others would be really good to have - especially the out of focus scope!

Forcing the player to be out of focus for a brief period of time when scoping in or after body movements(standing up, crouching down, going prone, strafing) would be really neat to have. That way it takes just ever so slightly longer to pick up a target when in CQB, and we all know how much fractions of a second count in CQB.

10 minutes ago, Frontliner said:

Forcing the player to be out of focus for a brief period of time when scoping in or after body movements(standing up, crouching down, going prone, strafing) would be really neat to have. That way it takes just ever so slightly longer to pick up a target when in CQB, and we all know how much fractions of a second count in CQB.

No, please no.
If you haven't understood the picture, it's the actual focus point of the scope that you alter with the wheel. So you have say a focus setting for 20m, 40m, 70m, 100m, 150m, 230m etc

Edited by Peerun