UnderFire

British Army DPM camo

Was hoping to see the British Army rocking DPM camo :( 

I know it changed a few years ago but only due to the location of action. Think the DPM would have fitted into the over all game quite well.

In the NZ Army we used a modified DPM(NZDPM) for almost 3 decades. It was alright camo for forested and very green terrain, such as the Soloman Islands & Timor Leste. The issue was, Desert DPM stood out too much in the middle east due to camo patterning & color. I'm sure the same was with the UK Military, as well as cost wise, it was too expensive to produce/purchase multiple different camo types. It's a lot cheaper to use a multi use camo for multiple theatres of war. Its why we changed over to a modified MCU(NZMCU) here in NZ.

Edited by Dubs

I wouldn't hold your breath for seeing DPM in Squad.

Oh and before people start with the tears and "muh immersion", the current British camo texture you saw in the recap is still WIP.

WIP. Hint in the picture ;)

1 hour ago, chaz69 said:

here's their new camo.  has taken 6 months to get all the details.

englandishmcam.png

Darn it!!! He stole my ref. Haha

2 hours ago, chaz69 said:

englandishmcam.png

It even comes with the porcupine defense mechanism?

On 02/02/2017 at 2:17 PM, Melbo said:

I wouldn't hold your breath for seeing DPM in Squad.

Oh and before people start with the tears and "muh immersion", the current British camo texture you saw in the recap is still WIP.

WIP. Hint in the picture ;)

Thats a great shame to not see woodland and desert DPM, considering the length of time they were in service

Why are you guys surprised, considering the British Army has been using MTP for a few years now. Why would Squad implement a camo that's since out of use.

???

On 05/02/2017 at 6:25 PM, Aniallator said:

Why are you guys surprised, considering the British Army has been using MTP for a few years now. Why would Squad implement a camo that's since out of use.

???

Err that a trick question? why would you think CS95's are out of use. These things tend to be theatre specific, if a european theatre came into being again or jungle then CS95's would be reissued.

Also on a personal opinion, CS95's look better than the current.

On 2/9/2017 at 2:36 AM, BigPickle said:

Err that a trick question? why would you think CS95's are out of use. These things tend to be theatre specific, if a european theatre came into being again or jungle then CS95's would be reissued.

Also on a personal opinion, CS95's look better than the current.

Of course it's out of use in combat theaters, not to mention MTP has been issued since 2010. Giving the British faction DPM would be ridiculous honestly... and MTP, like Scorpion W2, is specifically not intended to be theater specific. Your basis for DPM being reissued is hypothetical and your opinion.

Edited by Aniallator

On 2/2/2017 at 6:20 AM, chaz69 said:

englandishmcam.png

nailed it

i hope youu get faster on the next version

21 hours ago, Aniallator said:

Of course it's out of use in combat theaters, not to mention MTP has been issued since 2010. Giving the British faction DPM would be ridiculous honestly... and MTP, like Scorpion W2, is specifically not intended to be theater specific. Your basis for DPM being reissued is hypothetical and your opinion.

The US Army faction is using M72A6's as their primary LAT. A post about discussing camoflauge patterns isnt out of the box.

23 hours ago, Aniallator said:

It's based on my experience, and the would be lack of temperate colour system if one were required in the real world senarios I spoke of, each new colour scheme of combat material is an adaption of the last and based on current operational needs, MPT also alleviated the need for 2 types of cam hence why most of us wore mixed desert dpm and temperate dpm during our earlier tours. My opinion is whilst MTP is a great cam system for the middle eastern countries it was also part of the "streamlining" done by our government to cut as much cost as possible, but no doubt it will change again once the environment requires it.

Senarios in game would be entirely hypothetical of course.

Edited by BigPickle

5 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

nailed it

i hope youu get faster on the next version

i'ts the level of detail that's most stringent.  3 days to render that model.

4 hours ago, QuickLoad said:

The US Army faction is using M72A6's as their primary LAT. A post about discussing camoflauge patterns isnt out of the box.

nJsTplU.png

8 hours ago, Aniallator said:

nJsTplU.png

wow so clever you have shown a screenshot on a typo instead of actually discussing.

edit: actually since you decided to show a clever screenshot, I will educate you on M72s:

the M72A6 is literally the M72A7. (A6)one is used by USMC(and sometimes US army) and the other is(designed) for US Army and Navy. although it's basically shared by all, USMC deploys them the most often.

Edited by QuickLoad

7 hours ago, QuickLoad said:

wow so clever you have shown a screenshot on a typo instead of actually discussing.

edit: actually since you decided to show a clever screenshot, I will educate you on M72s:

the M72A6 is literally the M72A7. (A6)one is used by USMC(and sometimes US army) and the other is(designed) for US Army and Navy. although it's basically shared by all, USMC deploys them the most often.

You said the US faction uses M72A6s, which is wrong. Furthermore your initial post doesn't make sense in the first place, as M72s have seen lots of use in the Army and Marines over the years and have nothing to do with British camouflage patterns.

21 hours ago, Aniallator said:

You said the US faction uses M72A6s, which is wrong. Furthermore your initial post doesn't make sense in the first place, as M72s have seen lots of use in the Army and Marines over the years and have nothing to do with British camouflage patterns.

why are you so thirsty for an argument?

the M72A6 is the same as the M72A7, I just told you this, and not to mention it was a typo, which I too already said this.

M72's have seen use, which I already told you... this is becoming a pattern of you not reading.

The M136 sees a lot more action than any of the M72s, ESPECIALLY in the army.

Back on topic people. Somehow I don't see the OP mentioning M72A6's, M72A7's and M136's, or anything relevant to them.

Take it to PM's.