Pvt. Lewis

Shot him in the back, he 180 degree spin dives and sprays....

Perhaps the one feature ruining gunplay for me is how you can shoot someone and there is no hit reaction, no stamina decrease, no sway, only a blood puff. Because of this, it's now leading to people instantly 180 degree spin diving and spraying lead. Just very frustrating. 

This could be remedied by having the new animation system feature some sort of reaction to getting shot. Right now we all pretty much shrug off rounds like terminators. Sometimes you can even see the blood puff, knowing you have been shot, but yet you don't even need healing....that may be a separate issue however. Other than these issues, I have high hopes for the game. 

I agree there should probably be some reaction/debuff as far as weapon handling goes when you are hit with a round. Plenty of times I've lit up another player and they end up returning fire after I've dumped 3 or 4 rounds into them and they end up trading in a situation where I should have easily had the upper hand. Seems to happen most often with me when I'm playing against the Americans with the higher rof on the M4 as well as the fact they all have optics.

Dolphin diving(180/360 sping going into prone) will be fixed when the animation system comes, the new prone animations will ad that delay needed to remove instant prone and standing.

I believe wound effects will come sometime too, I can't remember specifics since my oldman brain doesn't seem to want to remember. But I think it was stam and sway penalties the more the person is wounded.

Edited by Dubs

I've seen this so many times playing Squad and frankly the lack of any penalty for getting hit like loss of steady aim or bigger sway has turned me off from playing. And I so wish the devs would add an unsteady aim which would make a slight jump for your sight with each bullet passing by.

19 minutes ago, TheFSM said:

I agree there should probably be some reaction/debuff as far as weapon handling goes when you are hit with a round. Plenty of times I've lit up another player and they end up returning fire after I've dumped 3 or 4 rounds into them and they end up trading in a situation where I should have easily had the upper hand. Seems to happen most often with me when I'm playing against the Americans with the higher rof on the M4 as well as the fact they all have optics.

Agreed you are exactly right. Until this is fixed, small arms combat really leaves me frustrated. 

1 hour ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Agreed you are exactly right. Until this is fixed, small arms combat really leaves me frustrated. 

Yeah. Its frustrating in a game that begs to simulate at least semi realistic combat that 1-2 shots often wont put someone down or at least render them combat ineffective. To compromise you end up having to dump 5 or 6 shots into someone which is difficult to do accurately with recoil and whatnot. Headshots are of course the way to go and will end them in one shot, but its often intense enough that aiming for those isn't easy.

5 minutes ago, TheFSM said:

Yeah. Its frustrating in a game that begs to simulate at least semi realistic combat that 1-2 shots often wont put someone down or at least render them combat ineffective. To compromise you end up having to dump 5 or 6 shots into someone which is difficult to do accurately with recoil and whatnot. Headshots are of course the way to go and will end them in one shot, but its often intense enough that aiming for those isn't easy.

Agreed, if one shot won't put them down. It should at lest cause a slight stumble or flinch.. something!

Also the alignment of the sights needs to be random if possible. For example, when you hold down A or D to strafe left or right, the sights have a set 3 or 4 second pattern or routine. I'm not sure the timing exactly but let's say every 2 seconds the sights align as you're strafing before unaligning. So experienced shooters can still strafe and not suffer a penalty because they know when the sights are going to line up.

Reason why I bring this up is because if loss of steady aim is implemented, there might be a set pattern which more experienced players will eventually adapt to. Knowing this set pattern will alleviate the effects of being under fire. But by making the aligninment of the sights random, it'll cancel out any experience the player has therefore firefights will last longer and suppression will be much more effective. A casual player could then pin down and dominate a competitive player in a random game.

I'm not sure if sway also has a set pattern but if it does then experienced shooters can also adjust to that as well. 

Edited by Odd_fella

48 minutes ago, Odd_fella said:

I'm not sure if sway also has a set pattern but if it does then experienced shooters can also adjust to that as well. 

The current sway is randomized I believe. During Pre-Alpha and early alpha I think, I could easily adjust to weapon sway without even thinking.

I'd be happy with the flinch animation arma3 has, simple but you know it registered the hit and he'll have trouble returning fire when he's getting pelted.

18 minutes ago, Arduras said:

I'd be happy with the flinch animation arma3 has

No, no, no...you don't want that! :P

giphy.gif

Ask unfrail (owi mod) he told me this on the steam forums...

Also was told its all to do with body armor which is hugely funny because insurgences have NO body armor but still like a US soldier take multiple rounds.

This game is a percentage based hit system like quake.

ΣT | unfrail comment_modindicator_moderator.png 22 Jan, 2016 @ 12:35pm
....Your criticism that a single point-blank round doesnt immutably kill someone is invalid. If someone shot me in the back with a 7.62 at 10m and it overpenetrates, and I happen to be holding an M249, you bet your ♥♥♥ I'm going to be spraying voluminous fire in the direction of my aggressor. I'll probably bleed out in 20-30 seconds, but its not instant-incapacitation....
Edited by v76

10 hours ago, Melbo said:

No, no, no...you don't want that! :P

giphy.gif

Sure that's not from the alpha? Seems to look a lot better in my recent games.

13 hours ago, Arduras said:

I'd be happy with the flinch animation arma3 has, simple but you know it registered the hit and he'll have trouble returning fire when he's getting pelted.

Agreed! The way it is not totally kills immersion, and reminds me of the goldeneye days. It's Just very archaic to not have any reaction to getting shot. 

That flinch is too much, prefer idea of gun going down with each hit, less likely. Might make people less likely to dolphin dive  if they know the enemy gun pointing down.

On 1.2.2017 at 9:35 PM, Pvt. Lewis said:

Perhaps the one feature ruining gunplay for me is how you can shoot someone and there is no hit reaction, no stamina decrease, no sway, only a blood puff. Because of this, it's now leading to people instantly 180 degree spin diving and spraying lead. Just very frustrating. 

This could be remedied by having the new animation system feature some sort of reaction to getting shot. Right now we all pretty much shrug off rounds like terminators. Sometimes you can even see the blood puff, knowing you have been shot, but yet you don't even need healing....that may be a separate issue however. Other than these issues, I have high hopes for the game. 

Depending on how close you were, you don't always know if you really hit him. But there are times you get hit though where you dont start bleeding. But I've never experienced your specific situation though. 

You only bleed if you're below 75% or something after being hit. If you get shot in the hand/foot or something (leg/arm at a distance which happens wayyyy too much) then there's a good chance the shot won't do much.

I wouldn't want to add anything in that adds random elements to player aim after they get hit/a bullet flies near them, because instead of you being frustrated about not killing them, they get frustrated because of return fire being stupid, think bf3 suppression :P 

Might be nice to take another look when the prone animations come in, or maybe make it that the red mist only appears when a player dies, i noticed i thought i confirmed a kill only to have him get back up like a terminator and shoot back at me D: 

Spoiler

i could also say "git gud l2shoot" but hey 

35 minutes ago, biassFA said:

I wouldn't want to add anything in that adds random elements to player aim after they get hit/a bullet flies near them, because instead of you being frustrated about not killing them, they get frustrated because of return fire being stupid, think bf3 suppression :P 

Might be nice to take another look when the prone animations come in, or maybe make it that the red mist only appears when a player dies, i noticed i thought i confirmed a kill only to have him get back up like a terminator and shoot back at me D: 

Hide contents

i could also say "git gud l2shoot" but hey 

Ignore my reply, misread.

Note : People didn't like BF3 suppression, because it made LMG's powerful, it also hindered their ability to freely run n gun. Squad needs a better suppression system. But we'll leave this discussion for the 467634654 threads talking about suppression.

Edited by Dubs

I thought about adrenaline system, which is represented by hidden bar, which is going down while player is calm and going up when you are under fire, getting damage, see enemies etc.

The less adrenaline you have, the harder wound penalty is gonna be.

Like, suddenly ambushed players will be knocked harder. But if you are in the middle of hot firefight, you can even miss the moment of hit, for considerably weak projectiles, like frag grenade and 5,56/5,45 rounds.

Why it is better than suppression:

1. This system grants you for hitting, not just shooting.

2. This system encourage ambushes, flanking and other tactical maneuvers

3. This system is more natural in terms of human behavior.

Edited by ZiGreen

Devs is there going to be some type of system so that after we are shot we will have some let of Penalty to prevent immediate accurate return fire? 

25 minutes ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Devs is there going to be some type of system so that after we are shot we will have some let of Penalty to prevent immediate accurate return fire? 

Read about the new animation system, will be coming with a lot of things 

I noticed that when grenades go off near you the screen shakes like a mofo. Maybe implement a toned down version when you get hit, you'd definitely KNOW you got hit AND it'd make it more difficult to return fire - like your character's flinching or tensing up  absorbing the impact.

Edited by Arduras

22 minutes ago, Arduras said:

I noticed that when grenades go off near you the screen shakes like a mofo. Maybe implement a toned down version when you get hit, you'd definitely KNOW you got hit AND it'd make it more difficult to return fire - like your character's flinching or tensing up  absorbing the impact.

Giving a little bump to the player's view orientation when getting hit, or even when getting suppressed, is one of my wishes. You can find something like this in the first America's Army.

Im not a designer so it's not up to me to make decisions like this one. Know this is still being discussed tho.

1 hour ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

A heavier and less predictible sway could do it. Again it'll depend on how we decide to design this part of the game.

4 hours ago, grimshadow said:

Read about the new animation system, will be coming with a lot of things 

I haven't seen any official animation report from the devs about the animation system affecting hit penalties