American Sniper

'Server Closed Connection' Error Persists Despite Inventory OFF

Hi All,

I know this topic has been addressed somewhat but hopefully someone can still help as the suggested fix doesn't resolve my problem.

I've been playing Squad for around 300+ hours (including pre-vehicle implementation) with no error, except after the last update.

Now, it's completely unplayable as I can not connect to any server due to the 'Server Closed Connection' error. When I click to enter a server, it shows a glimpse of the map and then redirects back to the Squad Quick Map and then back to the main menu, with the 'Server Closed Connection' problem. 

These are the steps I've tried:

1.  Deleted game cache within game 
  2.  Deleted local app data (Squad folder)
  3.  Ran SuicidalChair troubleshooter and checked logs 
  4. -Disabled/Re-enabled Windows Firewall
  5. -Uninstalled the game completely + reinstalled

I've tried all the suggested fixes and sometimes it will randomly work, but if I make any changes to game settings (to change the default resolution of 1600x900 to 3820 x 2160 or anything else, the error will come back. Anyone have any advice or guidance in this matter? Some tech support would be fantastic.

Computer Specs (not relevant, but putting them here just in case):

• 6850k i7
  • 32 GB DDR4
  • Titan X Pascal (SLI)
  • Windows 10

That being said, if someone else has any idea, that would be wonderful. 

Best

American Sniper

Edit:

1. Also should be clear I never had inventory, but I made sure it was off as suggested by the technical support message on the main screen. 
  2.  Verified local game files within Steam
Edited by American Sniper
Add additional info.

I have an identical issue. Moreover, it's stopped Steam and my SSD with consequences on my Pc system.

I need help guys.

Hooah! 

Thanks for the tip Portland. Still the same issue. Everything was working up until some update (perhaps Steam?). 

I'm positive there are many with the same problems. Any tech support from OWI?

I was playing fine up until 22.00 GMT last night (03FEB).

I fired up Squad this early afternoon, GMT, and found that Squad apparently didn't want to run "full screen", as it use to do. It was launched in a window, without any change, when I changed the settings in-game. I restarted my system and tried again; same thing happened, however now, when I changed the settings in-game, it changed over to full-screen. Ever since I first had that issue this early afternoon, I cannot access any servers.

Tried disabling Norton, but didn't do anything. Problem persist.

@American Sniper  reinstall EasyAntiCheat, you will find the setup.exe in the Squad Folder ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\EasyAntiCheat

@VALROK What you can do is:
1. delete your squad config files, open a start menu and type %localappdata% then hit enter, find the "Squad" folder in the list and delete it.

2. Next in steam right click squad and go to properties, then go to the Local Files tab and click the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..." button, Test that out and see if you can find servers now.

3. If not, in Steam -> Settings -> In Game options there is a dropdown box for "In-Game Server browser: Max Pings/minute. set that to 500 and see if you get servers now.

4.  Lastly, users with MSI motherboards have reported the Killer Lan software suite causes this issue as well, check this article on how to remove it:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=178063.0

I went though deleting the setting, through the game, started it as per usual, and it appears to be back to normal.

In terms of the "losing connection issue": It was irregular for around 30 minutes, where I was not able to join any servers. It went back to normal some time after the "resetting" of my settings.
I did not verify the integrity (as I did, when I was unable to launch Squad a while back).
Problem solved, which probably has been a hiccup in connection/settings.

No, unfortunately the re-installation of EasyAntiCheat did not work. 

In terms of motherboard, I have an Asus Rampage V edition 10 --which uses Intel Gigabit LAN so no third-party LAN software included.

So one of the unusual fixes that seems to work is actually connecting to a VPN and then connecting to a Squad server.....

1. It's not Windows Firewall because with VPN off, and Firewall off, I still can't connect.

2. Perhaps its ports that somehow have changed since the update?

Anyway to make this fix permanent without going through VPN. Seems like its a network router issue....but if so, this has happened very recently.

31 minutes ago, American Sniper said:

Thanks @Portland. I think I have the problems fixed now through some networking on my end. Thanks for your help.

How did you fix it?

Can you provide some info? - Maybe it helps others with the she issue.

On 2/15/2017 at 2:30 AM, beginna said:

How did you fix it?

Can you provide some info? - Maybe it helps others with the she issue.

I guess I should be clear. The problem still persists. However, I found a work-around. I connect to an outside VPN and then connect to Squad. It works only then. I suspect some Steam update and Squad update has changed the ports required to be open -- as it isn't completely clear which ones are required, etc. I use a VPN which allows all connections through. 

This isn't a firewall issue on the client side -- as it was working before perfectly and then wasn't up until recently. 

This is getting really annoying. I get the same message however I can play for like 10. 15. 20 even a whole match without this happening. But then all of the sudden "Server Connection Closed"

I've set the steam invetory to OFF and I connect via Steams server browser but the problem still persist. Please make a fix for this it's getting really annoying. 

Dangit, after 350 hours and playing all day today now all of a sudden I'm having this issue. I have no idea how to work or setup a VPN and don't really understand why I have to all of a sudden  just to connect to servers

@anglhz

1. Check the server Browser on another PC in your Network. it is enough to install steam and open the steam server browser ( Open Steam ----> View ----> Server ).

2. a) if the other pc doesnt show all Squad Servers. Restart your Router and check the settings (Ports,...). If you reinstall your Router maybe that will help aswell.

3. a) if it shows the other servers. The Error is only on your PC. Reinstall and delete the Squad folder in the localappdata folder.

1. delete your squad config files, open a start menu and type %localappdata% then hit enter, find the "Squad" folder in the list and delete it.

2. Next in steam right click squad and go to properties, then go to the Local Files tab and click the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..." button, Test that out and see if you can find servers now.

3. If not, in Steam -> Settings -> In Game options there is a dropdown box for "In-Game Server browser: Max Pings/minute. set that to 500 and see if you get servers now.

4.  Lastly, users with MSI motherboards have reported the Killer Lan software suite causes this issue as well, check this article on how to remove it: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=178063.0

3. b) Check your PC Network Settings. Did you edit the firewall or changed anything? Try to use a static IP and DNS (Use a Google DNS: 8.8.8.8). Disable IPv6 in the Network Settings