General-Yeargan

Virtual Surround Sound

I just bought a pair of Arctis 7's and it has this feature called (DTS  Headphone X) and every time I enable it and play Squad it sounds hollow or dullish. Anyone else get that? Is that what its supposed to sound like? I also tried Fallout 4 and sounds the same as Squad.

Windows 10

Arctis 7

Onboard audio - • Realtek® ALC887 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio

Nikko B   

I actually have the Arctis 5 headset, and when I turn on 7.1 surround sound it does feel a bit hollow. But I really like it, it gives a much wider range of hearing than normal headphones. I can't stand to play the game without it. To compensate, I turn up the volume. You can also use their SteelSeries Engine 3 to adjust the settings of the sound, such as bass, flatness, gaming, surround sound, etc. I would combine maybe the entertainment preset and surround sound? I need to mess with it more.

On 31/01/2017 at 2:53 AM, General-Yeargan said:

I just bought a pair of Arctis 7's and it has this feature called (DTS  Headphone X) and every time I enable it and play Squad it sounds hollow or dullish. Anyone else get that? Is that what its supposed to sound like? I also tried Fallout 4 and sounds the same as Squad.

Windows 10

Arctis 7

May not help but I tried DTS HeadphoneX today with Squad and it sounded hollow at first but then I went to:

Control Panel\Sound\Playback and right clicked on the device being used and went to properties\enhancements and ticked "disable all sound effects"

Even though there were no effects selected, ticking that box made squad sound how it should.

Skul   
On 31/01/2017 at 4:53 AM, General-Yeargan said:

I just bought a pair of Arctis 7's and it has this feature called (DTS  Headphone X) and every time I enable it and play Squad it sounds hollow or dullish. Anyone else get that?

Yes.

Is that what its supposed to sound like?

Yes.

I also tried Fallout 4 and sounds the same as Squad.

As it should.

I also tried Fallout 4 and sounds the same as Squad.

Windows 10

Arctis 7

If you want to actually enjoy(and have an advantage in video games) surround sound in video games I recommend you to buy Roccat Kave 5.1. It's a true 5.1 headphones. Otherwise just stick to stereo.

Edited by Skul

4 hours ago, Skul said:

Yes.

Yes.

As it should.

If you want to actually enjoy(and have an advantage in video games) surround sound in video games I recommend you to buy Roccat Kave 5.1. It's a true 5.1 headphones. Otherwise just stick to stereo.

Poor sound quality though, little tiny drivers in each cup just sound poor against a decent set of headphones..

I using Philips Fidelio X1 with Sennheiser's new GSX 1000 7.1 virtual surround sound... Its the best surround sound I have ever used todate, I have used them all and even owned the Roccat kave for almost a year so I have my fair share of experience.

I will give you that the kave do a decent job with surround sound though, connected to my asus sound card... Its just the tiny drivers make audio quality not enjoyable. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Headphones-Earphones/Philips-Fidelio-X1-00-Headphones-discontinued-manufacturer/B008ZW2T7M

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/audio-amplifier-gsx-1000

Edited by shankly1985