Pyle_DK

New Build of gaming rig

Then finally came the day when I got the last of my payouts of my compensation after being injured in Afghanistan in 2008. IT SHOULD BE CELEBRATED !!!
So it becomes a new gaming rig. I want to go all in witout Sli. (Dont want the trubble).
Here my thought.

Case-

phanteks enthoo evolv atx glass (Black).

Screen-acer preditor x34 IPS  ASUS rog swift pg348q

Mobo-

asus rog maximus viii IX formula

Cpu-

Intel i7 7700k

Ram-

64gb DDR4 3466mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb 4000mhz 16gb 4133mhz

Psu-

evga supernova 850 g2l

HDD-

Samsung 850 EVO MZ-N5E500BW  500gb SSD M.2  Intel SSD PRO 6000P SERIES 512GB M.2

2xSamsung SSD 850 evo 250gb

Gfx-

GTX 1080ti 12gb (when out). GTX Titan X (P). 12gb DDR5X

Watercooling by Ek for cpu gpu mosfat ram 

Still got about 1.month before the cash hits my account so still time for change in plans. 

What doo you other gamers out there think about this rig, any changes? why? 

(Ps. My whife has given me the OK for this ;) ).

I'am going to post some pictures when i start the build.

Edited by Pyle_DK
forgot something

Now the first stuff from Ekwb for the titan xp is on the way :D If all goes after the plan I will order the rest next week, So if in luck two weeks from now, I will be building this rig. I better get a box of candy and flowers for the whife, shee wont se me mutch the next Hmmm... 6.month :D

Looking nice. Not sure on your ram choice 

Ram-

64gb DDR4 3466mhz   there are quite a few breaking the 4000mhz maybe not 64gb but 32gb is still massive amount. Just a thought. 

Must be a whopper budget, I'm getting close to $4,000 if I'm clicking right.  If I wasn't making money with my rig I'd probably scale back some.  Nothing wrong with 1 TB of hard drive however you do it.  I'd likely scale back by $1,000 unless you sit on your rigs or are an active reseller of your parts.  I'm sure it will kill some games and get pretty close to making you breakfast as is.

5 hours ago, Smee said:

Looking nice. Not sure on your ram choice 

Ram-

64gb DDR4 3466mhz   there are quite a few breaking the 4000mhz maybe not 64gb but 32gb is still massive amount. Just a thought.

the ram is somewhat a headache 64gb 3466mhz or 32gb 4GHz, is not sure where I get the most out of them, at the speed or amount of data they can hold. And I'm not relly sure if any games can use 64gb at all, not quite decided yet.

4 hours ago, CageMatchKimsey said:

Must be a whopper budget, I'm getting close to $4,000 if I'm clicking right.  If I wasn't making money with my rig I'd probably scale back some.  Nothing wrong with 1 TB of hard drive however you do it.  I'd likely scale back by $1,000 unless you sit on your rigs or are an active reseller of your parts.  I'm sure it will kill some games and get pretty close to making you breakfast as is.

I already have two 250gb ssd in my current machine that will go into the new build. Yes it is a bit overkill i gues :)

Edited by Pyle_DK

32GB is overkill, 16GB is ample and even then 8GB is fine..............................

unless you're gonna run a ramdisk or a couple of virtual machines heaps of ram is useless (and slow / hot / power wasting)

29 minutes ago, Pyle_DK said:

the ram is somewhat a headache 64gb 3466mhz or 32gb 4GHz, is not sure where I get the most out of them, at the speed or amount of data they can hold. And I'm not relly sure if any games can use 64gb at all, not quite decided yet.

I already have two 250gb ssd in my current machine that will go into the new build. Yes it is a bit overkill i gues :)

Nothing wrong with buying something you use or get a big bump learning from, and nothing to regret.

4200$  ??  thank you for serving the military.  my friend was hurt in the war in 2011, he got shell shocked.

Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 32gb 3733mhz is what i think is the best choise for size and speed, I dont want to go down too 16gb thats what i got on my curent rig, but 3d rendering and movie editing gets a bit slow when there is lots of textures. and the screen for the new build has a nativ res at. 3440x1440 and games are starting to use more and more ram in future, and its an overkill all in build. Not to mention my whife takes over this rig i use now with 16gb so i'll NEED! 32gb for bragging rights at home :D

Go with G.Skill for RAM, they've been making better products for years now: F4-4000C18Q-32GTZKW (4x 8GB 4000Mhz). Too bad 144Hz 34" monitors aren't available with high resolutions.

8 minutes ago, banOkay said:

Go with G.Skill for RAM, they've been making better products for years now: F4-4000C18Q-32GTZKW (4x 8GB 4000Mhz). Too bad 144Hz 34" monitors aren't available with high resolutions.

I'll have to check them out, the fastest 32gb i found was the 3733mhz yes the x34 only goes 100hz on oc setting but with the g-sync on it relly good. And i come from 1080p 60hz 

(The 4ghz 32gb f4, cant get them in denmark yet, so any good ideas to where in the EU to bye them from?).

Edited by Pyle_DK

Just ordered the last stuff for the watercooling loop, thermal specs for loop 365W heat 963W cooling power :D lots of room for oc. or silence.

Its PETG hard tubing in a nickel/plexi setup (pump-gpu-cpu-ram). It's going to be one huge job with all the tubing, but in the end I thinh it will look awsome!

Make sure to post a pic of the rig and setup soon!

And run it through 3Dmark to compare against other Squad player's rigs!

0Rb6rMR.jpghCAPhVn.jpgYxO1A8C.jpg3JU5hfa.jpg

It has begun!!! :D

(there is a 280 rad on the table too, just cant see it for stuff).

Edited by Pyle_DK
cant see on photo

On 2/10/2017 at 3:57 PM, Pyle_DK said:

0Rb6rMR.jpg3JU5hfa.jpg

It has begun!!! :D

Right behind you! Sounds like you're building almost the same rig as what I'm upgrading too! 

i7 7700k 

Titan X Pascal

Maximus IX Code Mobo

ASUS ROG PG279Q 165Hz G-Sync 27" Monitor 

32GB G Skill Trident Z RAM 

500GB Samsung Evo SSD

250GB Samsung Evo SSD (Staying from previous build)

5TB WD HDD

2TB WD HDD (Staying from previous build)

EVGA Supernova P2 1000w PSU (Staying from previous build)

Finally making the jump to 1440p from 1080p! 

Edited by DocEast

Right behind you! Sounds like you're building almost the same rig as what I'm upgrading too! 

i7 7700k 

Titan X Pascal

Maximus IX Code Mobo

ASUS ROG PG279Q 165Hz G-Sync 27" Monitor 

32GB G Skill Trident Z RAM 

500GB Samsung Evo SSD

250GB Samsung Evo SSD (Staying from previous build)

5TB WD HDD

2TB WD HDD (Staying from previous build)

EVGA Supernova P2 1000w PSU (Staying from previous build)

Finally making the jump to 1440p from 1080p! 

Cool :D Hope to see a photo when you are done. my case will come tomorow still whating for the ram and psu.

Cant whait to try out the titan x(p), then take it apart to add the Ek parts. How will you cool your monster air or water?

Edited by Pyle_DK

Had a trip back memmory lane, to try and remember most of my builds from 1995- before that it was commandore vic20, amiga 1200

the cpu i remember too use was-

1#Intel 486DX4 100Mhz. (8mb ram 850mb hd it was a monster).

2#AMD K6-2

3#AMD Athlon thunderbird

4#AMD Athlon 64bit? not sure if thats its corect name.

5#AMD 64FX 2xCPU on same motherboard! 

6#Intel i7-2600k Extreme

7#Intel i7-7700k

It was a mess remerbering the screen and 3dfx/grafic cards but here is what i belive to have had over the times :D

Voodoo

Voodoo2 

geforce fx

Lots of radeon from around 2000-2007

2x9600gt Sli

590ti 

980ti Hybrid

Titan X(P).

(when it came to screencards i dont rember there brands but i had the better ones at start with 258collers then got a better one with 16k collers :) ).

+ Agia Physx card

Edited by Pyle_DK