Chuc

January 2017 Monthly Recap

248 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, Nikko B said:

They said v9 will come out around the end of February, but might take a few more days.

Mortars, the animation system, and the inventory system won't be done by then. 

V9 will have "lots of various "things" but less "features". Or something like that, there's a dev post you can find somewhere.

It's looking really rad so far though

Keep up the great work Guy's.....this game is EPIC ;)

The news are awesome. Free-look will be amazing for situational awareness. Should definately be in the game (at least optional). 

I hope they will add some more inaccurate LADA-Models as long as it helps to reduce the percentage of LADA-admiring russian rage players. :D I don't want to generalize, but maybe some other players here (i play only very little) experienced, that these guys seem to be way more likely to have a temper, being incooperative and are destroying MP-gameplay experience for other players in most games they take part in.

Besides, we are all familar with the famous well known russian perfectionism, aren't we? They are so creative that even that very LADA is basically just a copy of a Fiat. 

It is a shame some people try to drag down the work of actual productive people. 

8 hours ago, Dundish said:

V9 today or tomorrow? :) 

sorry 3 more weeks and we are there

13 hours ago, Zhigunov said:

Until I can run Squad at 60fps I'll remain "Meh"

I can run it at 60 fps, but I am right there with you. Can't recommend this game to ANY of my friends while it runs like this.

This isn't really the place to get into it, but I just don't understand all the FPS jabs. I'm not saying the performance is phenomenal by any means, and it clearly depends on the level of machine one has (and there's always the "it's an alpha" argument), but I play with so many people that love the game for what it is/how it plays and they surely have varying FPS levels. Why can't you recommend it to your friends? If someone recommended it to me right now and I hadn't played it yet, I'd obviously love it, like I do (and have, in the past, even before the optimization pass)!

Btw, I feel like this week for A9 is a distinct possibility!

Edited by ElHebrewHammer

Sorry, man. Kory said on reddit that it'll probably be another 3 weeks or so. The original goal, as stated by Taxi, was the end of this month, but definitely not this week. I can't wait either, though! :)  I really hope we get that amazing urban map.

What content can we expect in v9? I know the anim overhaul won't be in. :)

2 hours ago, carmikaze said:

I know the anim overhaul won't be in. :)

Looking forward to the new Naruto running. Gonna be great.

4 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Sorry, man. Kory said on reddit that it'll probably be another 3 weeks or so. The original goal, as stated by Taxi, was the end of this month, but definitely not this week. I can't wait either, though! :)  I really hope we get that amazing urban map.

Oh dear. I need my Squad fix and look forward to the new toys OWI have been giving us each month including the recaps. Now they've both slowed down. I hope it's just a glitch in the Matrix and normal service will be resumed now the holiday season is behind us.

I know OWI are working hard I just really look forward to every update so missing one is such a disappointment. It's like someone delayed Christmas by a month. 

46 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Oh dear. I need my Squad fix and look forward to the new toys OWI have been giving us each month including the recaps. Now they've both slowed down. I hope it's just a glitch in the Matrix and normal service will be resumed now the holiday season is behind us.

I know OWI are working hard I just really look forward to every update so missing one is such a disappointment. It's like someone delayed Christmas by a month. 

It's actually Christmas that delayed the update. The devs were on holiday recovering from exhaustion afaik.

Edited by fatalsushi

Its not slow. First they made it playable to make a community around the game and now they're polishing the content like animations, inventory etc.

You guys needs patience bcuz it's a new engine and they're making this game from nothing. Nobody design such thing on EU4.

Maybe it will take a year to be fully done and true balanced (seem so many posts about militia camo etc).

Edited by Ancient ifrit

12 hours ago, Planetgong said:

31bc29f1447cc7765d563008e0d2c401.gif

Sad story. :D

one of the best Dev´s out there!  I'm looking forward to test the upcoming stuff! :D

43 minutes ago, adazrambo said:

Reckon it's going to be today/tomorrow then?

three weeks:)

Guys, unless you have a source (a developer themselves) that stated when something is going to be released I would suggest you stop spreading misinformation and getting people's hopes up.