Chuc

January 2017 Monthly Recap

16 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

I want the animations soooo bad :c

Probably the most useful change we'll have gotten in the game in a long time (+new inventory)

Same here. I wonder if the new animation and inventory systems will bring better performance with it? Great re-cap none the less. Good work Devs. Don't let a few bad apples ruin your motivation for this project.

18 hours ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

Same here. I wonder if the new animation and inventory systems will bring better performance with it?

I remember optimization was usually blamed on the animations. I imagine it would lessen a lot of the stress on the CPU.

On 2/2/2017 at 3:01 PM, samogon said:

Variability for any military are bad,for many reasons.

Such things as gloves are insufficient,but could be better if there will be just pair of standart issue gloves.Not really too bad(Cuz it's will be too bad,I'll probably gets banned again already).

Only one thing I should insist - remove this monster.Better nothing than this.

2017-02-01_23-46-41.png

a)Proportions are too much awful.

b)This color never been used in factory.

Even at such bad quality photo I see it's 90% wrong.Here photo to compare

01_vaz-2107.jpg

Got an idea, how about we add this car below the Interceptor?

I think I will tackle trying to model this car....will it be ok to put in game?

mad-max-road-warrior-featured-1400x584.j

On 2/3/2017 at 4:38 PM, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

The focus of the recap is the flippin' monstrous steel MT-LB's and Strykers and British. You might as well be losing it over a microscopic stain in the corner of massive room.

I disagree with this sentiment. They showcased, what, three new vehicles in this release? That means 33% of the models shown here are bad. If you want to bring it down to minimum you've got five or six vehicles, which is still a significant portion when it comes to inaccurate modeling.

Is it a bit nit picky to complain about? Is it something worth fixing after the fact? Maybe if they have time at the end of development. This is really a case of a lot of the inaccurate models in this game though: It simply takes more effort to be wrong and defend being wrong than it does to just use a reference photo and get it right. I never will understand every design choice, nor do I expect to, but seriously some mistakes just make me think "how hard is it to look up x, y, and z to find the proper dimensions and at least get it partially right with guess work?"

On 2/4/2017 at 2:34 AM, NotBrad said:

No fast ropes? I am unimpressed.

This tbh. Until I can fast rope off of a motorcycle I won't be happy.

7 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

It simply takes more effort to be wrong and defend being wrong than it does to just use a reference photo and get it right.

That certainly would be true if they were trying to defend it, however as far as I can tell (since about half a year ago, maybe longer?) the devs don't bother responding to those posts anymore [as I think it was IronTaxi who made their thoughts on the matter really clear]. It's mostly just community members bickering about things these days, unfortunately ^_^

Some people here just nitpick for the sake of not saying anythin positive. Meanwhile i am just happy that they finally managed to code in tracked vehicles and stuff. ^_^

Honestly all I care about is weapon resting. That by itself would get me back in to the game. Without it there's no reason to deploy mg roles at all.

The vaulting/climbing mechanic is awesome, it really has the chance to make fights three-dimensional, thus more dynamic. I remember good ol' Half-Life 2 mod Resistance and Liberation trying to employ a similar system. It was quite well done for its time and engine, don't get me wrong, but sometimes things were a bit iffy, eg. you'd get stuck in certain places due to skyboxes or whatever or it was taking ages to climb a wall 10 cm high. I hope you guys have ways to prevent buggy behaviour and inconsistencies.

The Eastern European statics and map updates for Gorodok and Yeho look promising as well. I'm sure our map makers agree.

Finally the vehicles. The trucks appear to be a bit too fast and agile when off-roading, I hope different underground conditions have an impact on a vehicle's top speed and handling, especially when wheeled vehicles are concerned. In PR it doesn't really matter whether or not your underground is a paved road, grass or mud, which is a bit of a bummer.

10 hours ago, Psyrus said:

That certainly would be true if they were trying to defend it, however as far as I can tell (since about half a year ago, maybe longer?) the devs don't bother responding to those posts anymore [as I think it was IronTaxi who made their thoughts on the matter really clear]. It's mostly just community members bickering about things these days, unfortunately ^_^

Not necessarily true; if anyone realistically wanted IronTaxi to respond all it would take is enough beating of a dead horse before he came to enforce the new "pls no bully us" rule. It wasn't quite a year, but it was awhile ago. Also, there's a difference between making things clear and a childish, petty rant. 

And of course it is. The community has clearly shown that it can't draw a fine line between dick sucking and outright hatred and several of the devs can't help themselves from acting like reprehensible asshats in return to those they dislike, so they just don't post and most others don't bother posting criticism here because it won't be seen. If anyone truly wants to be heard by the devs all that is required is to hop on Discord and tag one in a suggestion. 

3 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

Not necessarily true; if anyone realistically wanted IronTaxi to respond all it would take is enough beating of a dead horse before he came to enforce the new "pls no bully us" rule. It wasn't quite a year, but it was awhile ago. Also, there's a difference between making things clear and a childish, petty rant. 

You're trying really hard to justify you disrespectfulness, i give you that. Still butthurt that no ones cares about your opinion?

The world doesn't turn around you and only you. You will have to learn that, truth sometimes hurts, right?

Edited by carmikaze

2 hours ago, carmikaze said:

You're trying really hard to justify you disrespectfulness, i give you that. Still butthurt that no ones cares about your opinion?

The world doesn't turn around you and only you. You will have to learn that, truth sometimes hurts, right?

I don't need to justify being disrespectful nor was I until the last post. A bad model is a bad model and that's the end of it. 

You clearly care enough about my opinions to reply, regardless of whatever your next deflection might be. 

Geesh guys it's just a model in a game.  The point has been made about car already.   I was trying to lighten things up by suggesting adding interceptor car.  Have a laugh.  It's all in how you look at it I suppose.  Go have a drink at the Green Dragon pub and lighten up.

16 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

Is it a bit nit picky to complain about? Is it something worth fixing after the fact? Maybe if they have time at the end of development. This is really a case of a lot of the inaccurate models in this game though: It simply takes more effort to be wrong and defend being wrong than it does to just use a reference photo and get it right. I never will understand every design choice, nor do I expect to, but seriously some mistakes just make me think "how hard is it to look up x, y, and z to find the proper dimensions and at least get it partially right with guess work?"

It does certainly look rushed but surely you must be able to see why that may be. Bigger, better, more important things to work on atm. Although I know not if they'll ever fix it.

1 hour ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

It does certainly look rushed but surely you must be able to see why that may be. Bigger, better, more important things to work on atm. Although I know not if they'll ever fix it.

Still though, Varenky did bring up one valid point regardless of which camp you're in on the models; the devs certainly have withdrawn quite a bit from these forums in comparison to two years ago.

it was so alive back in 2015, let's make forums.joinsquad great again!

5 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

You clearly care enough about my opinions to reply, regardless of whatever your next deflection might be. 

Ah, taking the easy way out again, eh?

If I would care about your opinion I would have quoted each part of your statements in detail, but I didn't obviously.

Edited by carmikaze

First off thanks Devs for another another insight into the great work you guys are doing. I really, really missed a December recap. Waiting 2 months for official info on the games current progress leads to low coal levels in the hype train's boiler but now she's up to a good head of steam again.

Now the bad bit. Sorry but I have some parts of the new features I am not to keen on. Hopefully they're wip and will be changed in the future.

1. Vaulting animations look great except when the soldiers rifle just disappears. I hope were going to have some sort of auto-shouldering rather than vanishing weapons. We only got to see the vaulting animations from the side and and not in first person. While from the side the leg shock absorbing landing looks good how will it be in first person view? Will we see our line of sight dip and raise as it should?

2. Having played Miscreated & Arma3 I really like the inclusion of a freelook function. Running & scanning is so much easier and, let's face it, we do a lot of running in Squad. Being able to go prone and scan the horizon with just your head moving really aids concealment. The less of your pixels moving the less you're going to be spotted.  The extra feature of being able to turn your weapon to your current view is great but imho needs more work. It's too slow. In fact I believe there should be a different rotation speed for each stance with prone being the slowest and standing being a little bit quicker than was actually show. Get SgtRoss to do it for real and time him.

3. Great work getting tracked vehicles working. All the slow ground work I hope it's going to pay dividends. I do feel however all the vehicles in Squad don't have enough rebound from their suspension systems. They all seem to drive like perfectly damped RC cars. When you watch real military vehicles they tend to kick back (rebound) after heavy compression but in game they just don't. Now if you guys have done this intensionally to give us a stable gun platform and minimise players motion sickness then fair enough but for me right now it doesn't give vehicles any weight and is unrealistic for heavy military vehicles.

Looking forward to the actual update.

17 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

I don't disagree, but why not just hold off on making it until they have time to make it right? This is what I'm trying to say. No reason to rush it and **** it up when nobody's chomping at the bit to see a shitty little Lada (regardless of model quality) in the game.

16 hours ago, NotBrad said:

Still though, Varenky did bring up one valid point regardless of which camp you're in on the models; the devs certainly have withdrawn quite a bit from these forums in comparison to two years ago.

it was so alive back in 2015, let's make forums.joinsquad great again!

You'd have to convince the fun, inventive posters to come back, which most won't because they prefer areas a little more exclusive than a public forum.

12 hours ago, carmikaze said:

Ah, taking the easy way out again, eh?

If I would care about your opinion I would have quoted each part of your statements in detail, but I didn't obviously.

You can't just deflect in the way I predicted you would and then act like I'm the one who's deflecting. Once again, you clearly care enough to reply to me a second time. 

This constant passive aggressiveness going on here is totally unnecessary. Take it to PM or leave it.

On 2/3/2017 at 5:35 AM, Assifuah said:

Just a gentle reminder to everyone that this is the January 2017 Monthly Recap thread. This is not a thread for:

• constant bickering and arguing with each other over personal opinions (yes, we all have those)
  • attacking other community members
  • disrespecting the developers

Constructive feedback is welcomed. Being critical with nothing constructive to offer is not. If you can't formulate your constructive feedback without disrespecting community members or developers, you need to have a long read about what behaviour is acceptable in social environments.

Back on topic.

Edited by LMR Sahara

12 minutes ago, LMR Sahara said:

This constant passive aggressiveness going on here is totally unnecessary. Take it to PM or leave it.

HEHE i had to :P2d9b332c7ce82c2838ed58fe501e8ca44bb403b7

What do you call a Lada convertible? 
A Skip. 

Why is a lada like a woman? 
Because when you put your foot down there is no response! 

OK,OK I shutup now.... :D

Back on....Yep I've been saying this for a long long time now. I can't wait for our new shiny animation system to kick in.

Not to bust your balls or anything but is the schedule to release 9.0 this month?

I'm really hyped on the new animations, I kinda feel like the current ones are clunky and slow paced.

Edited by Ramboness

10 minutes ago, Ramboness said:

Not to bust your balls or anything but is the schedule to release 9.0 this month?

I'm really hyped on the new animations, I kinda feel like the current ones are clunky and slow paced.

They said v9 will come out around the end of February, but might take a few more days.

Mortars, the animation system, and the inventory system won't be done by then. 

V9 will have "lots of various "things" but less "features". Or something like that, there's a dev post you can find somewhere.