Chuc

January 2017 Monthly Recap

1 hour ago, samogon said:

>All details are irrelevant details

>Make cubes,shoot prism at cubes at default landscape.

>Cuz all details are irrelevant details.

Reductio ad absurdum. Please stop, now. We all know the game is going for authenticity and realism with a pinch of poetic licence--as it should be.

Great Recap, Devs. I've had a break from the game recently but I'll be back with a vigor soon! Keep on keeping on :) 

1 hour ago, Melbo said:

They are issued gloves. That link from the MOD site doesn't show every single bit of kit you will/can ever be issued.

As for the car issue...I've got nothing. Sorry!

I was issued flight gloves when I was working on the flight line maintaining Sea Kings. Turned out they were fantastic for everything so I used them for everything. The only problem is they wear out quickly. Anyway I ended up with a pair used for flying and testing systems and another pair for maintenance which had the index fingers cut off. 

I was far from the only one with this exact setup. However, if you look in CF Dress Regs you will find that I was not entitled to flight gloves, and I was not allowed to modify any part of my uniform. Therefore if one searched Google for information one might think I'm lying, or that if you made an AVS Tech character in game and you gave him gloves with fingers cut out that you'd be being inauthentic. Despite what people say Google does not actually know everything. 

Yes I told you this story to get your attention away from someone who ought to have a title that I'm not going to use because I don't want to be disciplined by Desmo. 

16 hours ago, samogon said:

Seems squad devs starts un**** itself(At least for upcoming content),still - tons of bullshit spotted.Worth to feedback without raging.... yet.

1)Good you remove keenpads from British uniform.But wtf?Fingerless gloves?Are you serious?

2)Brits have Multicam,not MTP.MTP is diffirent.Colors are same,but pattern are diffirent.

3)Stryker seem bare.No canisters,no tools,no straps.

4)WHAT... THE HELL... IS DAT?

2017-02-01_23-46-41.png

Why don't you just take blueprint and make this correct?I've send huge photo references,why just don't you ask for more?And then you wonder,why people so rage.

1362503256_0185-01.jpg

5)Urban enviroment seems like 3.75/5.Not ideal,but ok.

6)Still no assymetrical balance around conventional factions.Can't really imagine brits with iron sights or even holos,it's just wrong.

It's a car. I mean, dude, I know you get mad if a vehicle doesn't have the right number of screws on one side but this is a danky, little, generic car, you want them to put as much effort into this cutie as a Stryker? I mean, are these things even drivable? They look like static map assets.

Edited by YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

11 hours ago, Drav said:

Ah cool man, i havent seen that, ill check it out now. We used small meshes before for the scopes, and that is actually what is ingame now. For anything with multiple zoom levels tho, you end up either having to switch meshes which is a nightmare to align and scale with a new fov, or you end up with a big bulky mesh on the second zoom level. I tried using planes and small one pixel wide textures, but it didnt work well with the post processing, and just looked a blurry mess. This is an overlay, so sort of like a ui texture, and thus not affected by post processing, so it says sharp on your screen. Atm this is a stopgap tho, as i just wanted to get the art and a simple implementation done. I think in a10 we will move this into a postprocess effect.

Dude you can use vertex colors for opacity, just made the edge in the center of the mesh like this.
And then paint the outher border with the black color, and use this as an opacity. So then you have a second fov you can just multiply or power this by a value to make it visually thinner (sharper/smaller). Read this post for some additional info

Edited by Chap

With the weapon freelook coming, can we expect to see vehicle freelook at some point? Having fixed viewpoints in vehicles is pretty irritating.

Nice progress! Cant wait til SQUAD will be final, dont like early access alpha/beta software, I want the complete package like Project Reality.

But why are you only developing wide open eastern european and russian maps? Really, most of your maps are boring soviet union era maps looking "cheap and dirty". Why dont you make it more realistic and choose regions like Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, more desert areas! The best maps in Project Reality where these kind of maps, like Ramiel featuring many many builduings and streets and not only "open world eastern european / russian landscapes".

4 minutes ago, Jeffreyson said:

Nice progress! Cant wait til SQUAD will be final, dont like early access alpha/beta software, I want the complete package like Project Reality.

But why are you only developing wide open eastern european and russian maps? Really, most of your maps are boring soviet union era maps looking "cheap and dirty". Why dont you make it more realistic and choose regions like Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, more desert areas! The best maps in Project Reality where these kind of maps, like Ramiel featuring many many builduings and streets and not only "open world eastern european / russian landscapes".

Grozny was the most lit map IMO. And they have an even number of European and Mid-East maps.

Awesome! :)  I assume the trees-stopping-BTRs bug is fixed then and that there will be some awesome tunnels on Gorodok, Yehorivka and/or the EU map too? :D

Also really hoping you guys include the two columns "passed round timer" (for how long map has been running) and "next map" in server browser! :)

Also my suggested "dynamic end of round" cam ( http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/24965-dynamic-end-of-round-camera/ ) would be awesome! :D

I really hope you guys can add a "battlerecorder"-like feature into the game too at some point!

8 hours ago, Cheesy_LeScrub said:

Reductio ad absurdum. Please stop, now. We all know the game is going for authenticity and realism with a pinch of poetic licence--as it should be.

Well,cuz all details are irrelevant.Yet it's going for realism only for steam ads. 

7 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

It's a car. I mean, dude, I know you get mad if a vehicle doesn't have the right number of screws on one side but this is a danky, little, generic car, you want them to put as much effort into this cutie as a Stryker? I mean, are these things even drivable? They look like static map assets.

And what for this thread was created?To make generic vehicles?Seriously?

BTW - Stryker yet not perfect too,but seems much better,than BTR&MTLB.Oh what Im doing,I shouldn't say good words to devs... they will gets lazy and start doing shit again if I do so any longer. :P

Edit: looks like all community hate are concentrated to blame official cheater nordic.Not blame me.

Edited by samogon

39 minutes ago, samogon said:

And what for this thread was created?To make generic vehicles?Seriously?

From the thread you linked:

for the sake of authenticity I thought I'd reach out for some input on common vehicles seen in this part of the world.

That does not inherently imply they will be modeled with hyper realism. The goal is clearly to represent the area/period using assets that "fit" with the scenario. But in any case, I want to point out that it's admirable that you have so much passion, but I feel like you're banging your head against the wall as it has been demonstrated with multiple models now, the OWI devs do not share the same opinion as you regarding accuracy in models (which is not a bad thing either way)... and thus raging on the forums does nothing but waste your own time and create angst amongst you and other members of the community. It's your prerogative to continue, of course. 

As impassioned as you are, I am sure you realize that with the potentially hundreds of models that are in the pipeline for the mod, a 4-8 hour time saving on a single model that sacrifices some details could be regarded as better for the project than 1:1 realistic models that take longer to make (and thus slow down the workflow). Do it once, do it right is a great philosophy, assuming there are no other constraints to take into consideration :( 

Edited by Psyrus

19 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

That does not inherently imply they will be modeled with hyper realism. But in any case, I want to point out that it's admirable that you have so much passion, but I feel like you're banging your head against the wall as it has been demonstrated with multiple models now, the OWI devs do not share the same opinion as you regarding accuracy in models (which is not a bad thing either way)... and thus raging on the forums does nothing but waste your own time and create angst amongst you and other members of the community. It's your prerogative to continue, of course. 

As impassioned as you are, I am sure you realize that with the potentially hundreds of models that are in the pipeline for the mod, a 4-8 hour time saving on a single model that sacrifices some details could be regarded as better for the project than 1:1 realistic models that take longer to make (and thus slow down the workflow). Do it once, do it right is a great philosophy, assuming there are no other constraints to take into consideration :( 

So,did you literally support videogames degradation?Did you support lies around it's description in steam?

13 minutes ago, samogon said:

Did you support lies around it's description in steam?

Here is a verbatim copy of the steam description:

ABOUT THIS GAME

Squad is a 50 vs 50 multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay, emphasizing both strong squad cohesion mechanics as well as larger scale coordination, tactics and planning. It features large open maps, vehicle-based combined arms gameplay, and player-constructed bases to create a heart-thumping, visceral gaming experience which mixes organized tactical multi-squad planning with split second decision-making in real-world scale firefights.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380

Combat realism captured through communication and teamplay. Nowhere do I see mention of hyper-realism or true-to-life assets. 

If you would like to point me to where the lies are, I am all ears. If we were playing Lada Simulator 2000 I think you may have a point :) 

13 minutes ago, samogon said:

So,did you literally support videogames degradation?

So do you literally not understand what a strawman argument is and why it will be ignored with anyone with half a brain?

Edited by Psyrus

1 minute ago, Psyrus said:

Here is a verbatim copy of the steam description:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380

Combat realism captured through communication and teamplay. Nowhere do I see mention of hyper-realism or true-to-life assets. 

If you would like to point me to where the lies are, I am all ears. 

There also no realism through teamplay and communication.

I can easiely play in a team in a games like... ArmA3,Wargame,CS many others... and it's gonna be called as teamplay.

Communication - well if you mean screaming like "IMMA UNDER FIRE,MEDIC" as communication.Well,usually VoIP/TS allow to do same,let's say... in BF.

Squad have some unique gameplay features...

-Unique spawn modes... well,PR probably start this,then it's been ported to ArmA2 and later to Arma3,which have 2 projects already:TBF and A3:PR.

-Unique game features like good damage model,complicated medicine,proper weapon ballistics.None.

-Kit limitation... you're not alone with that.

-Realistic kit loadouts... none

-Realistic vehicles set... none again.

Tell me,how this game can be realistic?

23 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

So do you literally not understand what a strawman argument is and why it will be ignored with anyone with half a brain?

I understood it well,just to lazy to explain why and how did you do so.

2005 standarts are not acceptable for modern games.Making look like generic stuff isn't okay anymore.

This is not a simulator Samagon, how much shitposting do you have to do before you realize that? 

Also, your feedback would be 99% more acceptable if you were not competing to be the biggest dickhead on this forum.

35 minutes ago, samogon said:

Tell me,how this game can be realistic?

However it wants to be, that's the beauty of being an independent game studio, making the game they want to make, as realistically or as "gamey" as they prefer. Again, you've misplaced your understanding of the goals stated on the kickstarter/steam page. They are not going for milsim gameplay (realistic military experience), they are also not going for hyper-realism in visuals/sound/whatever else may be bothering you. I hate to try to speak for the devs, because I am not one and I very well may be misconstruing their intentions (if so, I apologize), but they appear to be done humoring your grievances, so I thought I'd give it one last shot. I live in Japan so I know exactly how hard it is to have a deeper discussion in a second language, so I commend you for maintaining a (relatively) good tone and points throughout.

To state it again, they are aiming to give players a realistic combat (game) experience by enabling (pushing) teamwork and coordination (communication).

35 minutes ago, samogon said:

2005 standarts are not acceptable for modern games.Making look like generic stuff isn't okay anymore.

I'll be sure to pass your professional game studio advice along to the devs and their millions of dollars earned through squad. :) 

I'm sure your game will totally kick squad's ass once it comes out. 

25 minutes ago, Zeno965 said:

This is not a simulator Samagon, how much shitposting do you have to do before you realize that? 

Also, your feedback would be 99% more acceptable if you were not competing to be the biggest dickhead on this forum.

As annoying as someone's posts may be to you, for the sake of the thread, I would say it's better to refrain from personal attacks as much as possible to allow others to keep commenting regarding their excitement/questions. 

Edited by Psyrus

1 hour ago, Zeno965 said:

Why game always should be a simulator to have a good accurate models?

And im not dickhead,just respond to community in the same manner.That only means average community members are dickheads(c).

As I expected - any "Constructive" feedback turns into descussusion - "how good devs are,how bad I am."And you all,dickheads(c),proove this over and over again.

43 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

However it wants to be, that's the beauty of being an independent game studio, making the game they want to make, as realistically or as "gamey" as they prefer. Again, you've misplaced your understanding of the goals stated on the kickstarter/steam page. They are not going for milsim gameplay (realistic military experience), they are also not going for hyper-realism in visuals/sound/whatever else may be bothering you. I hate to try to speak for the devs, because I am not one and I very well may be misconstruing their intentions (if so, I apologize), but they appear to be done humoring your grievances, so I thought I'd give it one last shot. I live in Japan so I know exactly how hard it is to have a deeper discussion in a second language, so I commend you for maintaining a (relatively) good tone and points throughout.

So,thats means they're lied in description?You just said they're make game they want,which doesn't match description,right?

43 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

I'll be sure to pass your professional game studio advice along to the devs and their millions of dollars earned through squad. :) 

I'm sure your game will totally kick squad's ass once it comes out. 

Earning money throug foolling people.I think squad devs already have experience in that.

Edited by samogon

1 minute ago, samogon said:

So,thats means they're lied in description?You just said they're make game they want,which doesn't match description,right?

No, we've been over this two times already, they didn't lie, you misunderstood. It is very simple. You can feel free to continue to double-down on your fallacious logic if you'd like, but it's getting to the point where this image becomes relevant. 

7a6807117f864220ac3be4698c340e96.jpg

2 minutes ago, samogon said:

Earning money throug foolling people.I think squad devs already have experience in that.

The only people who feel they were fooled are those who misunderstood the goals of the project and the stated description. 

This is monthly recap feel free to dance, drink and celebrate thread. Say good job to our devs. And they did. 

We even didnt touch those new stuff and there is already criticism ? WTF is wrong with humans I have to ask. 

We have some prove that devs update stuff which they did. You can hunt pixels and milimeters for year .... or you can just make some obstacle which is not perfect but its fill purpose. n-wheel feature ... free look ... new animations this is so great that some lada on road ? We had lada in family till 90s but no matter what i dont care.....Map is 4x4 km. And if we place every ladas from the map near eac hother they will take ... Lets be realistic ok ? 

4x4 km maps 

30x lada on map randomly placed. 240m2 

Thats my friends is 0,0015% of that area. This is stupid behaviour. This kind of perfectionism is good may be for space engineering and I doubt. But humans are able because of this small stuff break marriage, leave a job, kill somebody.

Just enjoy progress. This is better then hundreds of other games at Steam EA. 

Edited by elerik

8 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

No, we've been over this two times already, they didn't lie, you misunderstood.

I've understood it's a lie.

12 minutes ago, elerik said:

4x4 km maps 

30x lada on map randomly placed. 240m2 

Thats my friends is 0,0015% of that area. This is stupid behaviour. This kind of perfectionism is good may be for space engineering and I doubt. But humans are able because of this small stuff break marriage, leave a job, kill somebody.

Okay,on this logic,every object are irrelevant,cuz it may appears in 0,00000000% of the map area.Why don't replace all objects with a cubes.Cuz it's irrelevant.

16 minutes ago, elerik said:

Just enjoy progress. This is better then hundreds of other games at Steam EA. 

If you compare Squad with a EA or Activision games,Im afraid you have serious problems.

22 minutes ago, samogon said:

If you compare Squad with a EA or Activision games,Im afraid you have serious problems.

I think he meant other Steam EA (Early Access) games.

33 minutes ago, samogon said:

I've understood it's a lie.

Well, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Good luck with your war against everyone regarding your own definition of realism, but I personally have no interest in engaging with you on this topic any longer (as you don't respond to reasoning/logic). Thanks for putting forth your viewpoints thus far. 

Edited by Psyrus

25 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Well, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Good luck with your war against everyone regarding your own definition of realism, but I personally have no interest in engaging with you on this topic any longer (as you don't respond to reasoning/logic). Thanks for putting forth your viewpoints thus far. 

it's not war at all.People just make things... complicated.

We don't need perfect accurate models,cuz we have cubes are fine.We don't need realism,but trying to achieve this.Because of 'DEVus vult'.

45 minutes ago, koschilein said:

I think he meant other Steam EA (Early Access) games.

oh,okay...