Chuc

January 2017 Monthly Recap

Yep, more or less Chap, and were using 2 texture now, rather than a mesh, so its quite a bit more clear to shoot with. I still havent got the zeroing perfect yet, i need to take another pass over this at some point, but its a lot easier to see where your shots are landing now.

The plan is to start using this kinda stuff on all the vehicles, just depends how much of the conversion we get through before a9.

co axial pkt and vehicle weapon selection will come when the inventory system has been finished, so not alpha 9, maybe alpha 10. Its the final step we need to get most of the important functionality into vehicles, like switching ammo types, secondary weapons, smoke launchers etc

13 minutes ago, Drav said:

Yep, more or less Chap, and were using 2 texture now, rather than a mesh, so its quite a bit more clear to shoot with. I still havent got the zeroing perfect yet, i need to take another pass over this at some point, but its a lot easier to see where your shots are landing now.

The plan is to start using this kinda stuff on all the vehicles, just depends how much of the conversion we get through before a9.

co axial pkt and vehicle weapon selection will come when the inventory system has been finished, so not alpha 9, maybe alpha 10. Its the final step we need to get most of the important functionality into vehicles, like switching ammo types, secondary weapons, smoke launchers etc

Don't know if you've seen this method of optics. Without texture. What do you think about this?

Ah cool man, i havent seen that, ill check it out now. We used small meshes before for the scopes, and that is actually what is ingame now. For anything with multiple zoom levels tho, you end up either having to switch meshes which is a nightmare to align and scale with a new fov, or you end up with a big bulky mesh on the second zoom level. I tried using planes and small one pixel wide textures, but it didnt work well with the post processing, and just looked a blurry mess. This is an overlay, so sort of like a ui texture, and thus not affected by post processing, so it says sharp on your screen. Atm this is a stopgap tho, as i just wanted to get the art and a simple implementation done. I think in a10 we will move this into a postprocess effect.

5 hours ago, samogon said:

Im just make this in the most violent and abusive, as well as the most honest and open manner.

And that's the issue. Continue being "the most honest and open" with your constructive feedback and leave the "violent and abusive" by the side.

Anyways, recap has been well worth the wait! Lovely progress on the vehicle physics animations and character animations.

I can't wait to see all the features that'll eventually sprout out of CoreInventory!

34 minutes ago, DonDOOM said:

And that's the issue. Continue being "the most honest and open" with your constructive feedback and leave the "violent and abusive" by the side.

it's not really a problem.It's the just reality of this forum.

As I said before,all major authecity changes been done after forum shitstorms,abuse,insults... and it's usually starts as constructive feedback.

Tell me now,why I shouldn't be mad?I was nice... now I don't,because of that.

it's not really a problem.It's the just reality of this forum.

As I said before,all major authecity changes been done after forum shitstorms,abuse,insults... and it's usually starts as constructive feedback.

Tell me now,why I shouldn't be mad?I was nice... now I don't,because of that.

Have you ever considered that those shitstorms of abuse were actually completely unnecessary? You see, have you ever wondered why this "constructive feedback" was never acted upon the instant you produced it? It's because, as much as you refuse to believe it, there are far more important things that take priority.

The feedback was taken as it was received and acted upon when there was time to do so. You simply took this as being ignored... Something you clearly can't cope with very well. Resorting to the only other course of action your childish ego knows, petty insults and slander.

Also the notion that you only insult when insulted, is quite frankly, horse shit. Good day.

16 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

The animation system is going to require a lot of work to integrate 100%. CoreInventory will affect many systems not to mention open up new possibilities/features, all of which will take time, but we have a plan and are moving forward nicely.

All of this allows us to do what we have wanted for awhile as we push for release later this year.

Any chance the animation system will feature some sort of reaction, stamina loss or flinch when getting shot? Right now we shrug off bullets like nothing and can instantly return accurate fire. This leads the formidable, 180 degree spin spray and pray after getting shot in the back.  

6 hours ago, Drav said:

Hey guys, I reworked the btr reticle, it zooms and switches reticles as per the feedback left on the exact thread posted above. Something to be happy about at least!

I remember that thread very well and when I watched the recap video I immediately noticed that you updated the BTR reticle. THANK YOU!

1 hour ago, FalkoN said:

The feedback was taken as it was received and acted upon when there was time to do so. You simply took this as being ignored... Something you clearly can't cope with very well. Resorting to the only other course of action your childish ego knows, petty insults and slander.

Nah... it's works.It always took attention.And since you,minions,shall protect devs for nothing - Im always will be sure they will read original post.

It's far much better than just "Wispering in the corner".

1 hour ago, FalkoN said:

Also the notion that you only insult when insulted, is quite frankly, horse shit. Good day.

Well,if you wish to insult me,just tell me some bullshit from your YOBA( Youth Oriented and Bydło Approved ) dictionary.Be sure return insult will be immediatly.

1 hour ago, FalkoN said:

because, as much as you refuse to believe it, there are far more important things that take priority.

Okay... so now answer me?Why the **** we have tons of questionable outdated and retired bullshit,instead modern military equipment?

As example - Why PPSh,but not PKM.Why 5-tonn truck but not FMTV?Why also make this so innacurate time by time?

5 minutes ago, samogon said:

Nah... it's works.It always took attention.And since you,minions,shall protect devs for nothing - Im always will be sure they will read original post.

It's far much better than just "Wispering in the corner".

Well,if you wish to insult me,just tell me some bullshit from your YOBA( Youth Oriented and Bydło Approved ) dictionary.Be sure return insult will be immediatly.

Okay... so now answer me?Why the **** we have tons of questionable outdated and retired bullshit,instead modern military equipment?

As example - Why PPSh,but not PKM.Why 5-tonn truck but not FMTV?Why also make this so innacurate time by time?

Because game devs want the easiest possible solution to every problem. No matter how much they deny it.

20 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

Can somebody explain me why do we need free look in Squad?

Not sure if anyone has replied to you yet but here is why. 

Because it is cumbersome and unrealistic to have your head tied to your weapon. Such works well in twitch based shooters like COD & Battlefield but is actually a break from the continuity of the experience in games like Squad. 

Exactly like is shown in the video, if you come into an area you're not going to move your gun in ever direction you're going to scan with your eyes & head movement, then train your weapon on any potential threat or target. 

The GREAT thing about this is that while it will give you an advantage for clearing areas where there is no threat present, it will actually slow you down when there is a threat. The person laying in wait in a corner probably already has their weapon trained at your entry point. You're going to be looking around and then have the weapon come around to them. This gives them an advantage in that they can fire accurately first. 

This is an excellent thing to add to Squad. 

Beyond the free look the thing that excited me the most was the shallow depth of field on the weapons when aiming down sights. Finally only the front sights are going to be in focus. 

Woot woot!

Just a question for the devs. Will the Oshkosh M-ATV have a 50 cal. on top and be able to have the ability to detect mines or defuse mines for there team members in the future?

792547013021156493.jpg1422703271499.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Edited by WarEagle751

Oh, whatever mate. your self-righteous crusade never fails to entertain. When will you learn that this "minion" or "puppet", or whatever you'd like to call me, just loves winding you up and watching you go like some arrogant. little. clockwork. toy.

Oh... And whats this?

8e0a52e7060062207d30a8d4ed8ccac7.jpg

65fa3a3d50e3d4f6a81da734bf552bb3.jpg

15 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

Maybe...

Maybe not...

Not currently on the internal road map it sounds like.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm going to be optimistic and expect it at some point down the line. At the very least, I think you could use something like FreePIE to get your headtracking device to emulate your mouse when you hold the bound key. Which might end up being clunkier than just using your mouse, but it'd be worth a try.

Edited by LugNut

1 hour ago, FalkoN said:

Oh, whatever mate. your self-righteous crusade never fails to entertain. When will you learn that this "minion" or "puppet", or whatever you'd like to call me, just loves winding you up and watching you go like some arrogant. little. clockwork. toy.

Oh... And whats this?

You must be a guy,who like exceptions out of the main rule right?So the thing is - this soldier equipped with a bloody AEK.

13780337283342.jpg

Why OWI didn't make this as alternative kit for Russian Forces?

And here is a whole platoon of conscripts,marching with an AN-94.Why don't put this ingame.

334265_original.jpg

Exceptions.... always exists.

I didn't see fingerless glowes in standart equipment.Did you?

http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/Black_Bag_A5_booklet.pdf

edit... oyvei,almost forget.Why US army don't have MARS as alternative holo?I found this...

INDIA5.jpg

Edited by samogon

It's a game and needs variation. If we were following current "rules" then all helmets would be scrimmed but seeing as this is a game and we have stated no particular time zone the Brits are based off of then it's fine.

Let's just pretend that some of our soldiers think they're "ally as ****" and cut the fingers off the issued gloves or bought their own gear as I'm sure you're well aware that's what we actually do.

Oh and before you say it, the camo texture has already been reworked from what you have seen in the recap.

13 minutes ago, Melbo said:

It's a game and needs variation. If we were following current "rules" then all helmets would be scrimmed but seeing as this is a game and we have stated no particular time zone the Brits are based off of then it's fine.

Let's just pretend that some of our soldiers think they're "ally as ****" and cut the fingers off the issued gloves or bought their own gear as I'm sure you're well aware that's what we actually do.

Oh and before you say it, the camo texture has already been reworked from what you have seen in the recap.

Variability for any military are bad,for many reasons.

Such things as gloves are insufficient,but could be better if there will be just pair of standart issue gloves.Not really too bad(Cuz it's will be too bad,I'll probably gets banned again already).

Only one thing I should insist - remove this monster.Better nothing than this.

2017-02-01_23-46-41.png

a)Proportions are too much awful.

b)This color never been used in factory.

Even at such bad quality photo I see it's 90% wrong.Here photo to compare

01_vaz-2107.jpg

4 minutes ago, samogon said:

Variability for any military are bad,for many reasons.

Such things as gloves are insufficient,but could be better if there will be just pair of standart issue gloves.Not really too bad(Cuz it's will be too bad,I'll probably gets banned again already).

Only one thing I should insist - remove this monster.Better nothing than this.

2017-02-01_23-46-41.png

a)Proportions are too much awful.

b)This color never been used in factory.

Even at such bad quality photo I see it's 90% wrong.Here photo to compare

01_vaz-2107.jpg

They are issued gloves. That link from the MOD site doesn't show every single bit of kit you will/can ever be issued.

As for the car issue...I've got nothing. Sorry!

Oh god i refuse to play in a map where a static car is not 100% the same with the original counterpart, awfull thing!          :sarcastic:

Edited by PR.IT Aragorn89

14 minutes ago, Melbo said:

They are issued gloves. That link from the MOD site doesn't show every single bit of kit you will/can ever be issued.

As for the car issue...I've got nothing. Sorry!

Okay,okay... since Russian Army have clownade over balaclavas,because of variability,,broken standart issue glowes can be acceptable.

But car...it's really too bad.

4 minutes ago, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

Oh god i refuse to play in a map where a static car is not 100% the same with the original counterpart, awfull thing!          :sarcastic:

>All details are irrelevant details

>Make cubes,shoot prism at cubes at default landscape.

>Cuz all details are irrelevant details.

am i the only one imagining how free look will work with scopes?  great stuff guys!