Chuc

January 2017 Monthly Recap

TomConn   

As always fantastic work dev team! Everything is looking very good.

Any word on IED's for militia making it in when the patch drops?

TheFSM   
6 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

Can somebody explain me why do we need free look in Squad?

Two words: Situational awareness

samogon   

Seems squad devs starts un**** itself(At least for upcoming content),still - tons of bullshit spotted.Worth to feedback without raging.... yet.

1)Good you remove keenpads from British uniform.But wtf?Fingerless gloves?Are you serious?

2)Brits have Multicam,not MTP.MTP is diffirent.Colors are same,but pattern are diffirent.

3)Stryker seem bare.No canisters,no tools,no straps.

4)WHAT... THE HELL... IS DAT?

2017-02-01_23-46-41.png

Why don't you just take blueprint and make this correct?I've send huge photo references,why just don't you ask for more?And then you wonder,why people so rage.

1362503256_0185-01.jpg

5)Urban enviroment seems like 3.75/5.Not ideal,but ok.

6)Still no assymetrical balance around conventional factions.Can't really imagine brits with iron sights or even holos,it's just wrong.

Edited by samogon

Nikko B   
5 minutes ago, samogon said:

Seems squad devs starts un**** itself(At least for upcoming content),still - tons of bullshit spotted.Worth to feedback without raging.... yet.

1)Good you remove keenpads from British uniform.But wtf?Fingerless gloves?Are you serious?

2)Brits have Multicam,not MTP.MTP is diffirent.Colors are same,but pattern are diffirent.

3)Stryker seem bare.No canisters,no tools,no straps.

4)WHAT... THE HELL... IS DAT?

2017-02-01_23-46-41.png

Why don't you just take blueprint and make this correct?I've send huge photo references,why just don't you ask for more?And then you wonder,why people so rage.

1362503256_0185-01.jpg

5)Urban enviroment seems like 3.75/5.Not ideal,but ok.

6)Still no assymetrical balance around conventional factions.Can't really imagine brits with iron sights or even holos,it's just wrong.

Dude.

First of all, this is ****ing alpha in case you missed that part.

Second, leave the work to the professionals. Not some kid ranting about his opinions on their forums.

Thirdly, be happy with the amazing recap we just got. Who TF cares if they have fingerless gloves? Will that hurt YOUR fingers while you sit around at your desk eating Doritos and raging at your Squad Lead for not being good enough? Didn't ****ing think so.

Lastly... It's a car that looks ****ing identical to the blueprint you posted. What the **** are you complaining about?

Stom   

Excellent work guys, I'm so keen for that MTLB for the Militia/Russians.

I've seen some people remarking that the MTLB will be worthless in terms of effectiveness and yes, while the MTLB in comparison to modern APCs is a piece of shit you've got to remember that with the current vehicle pool it's going to be pretty good. What was shown has an NSV (or KORD) which is 12.7mm and the vehicle has slighlty more armour than the BTR so I think it will exist in the current ecosystem nicely.

Eventually, once vehicles like the BMP are added, the MTLB will probably take it's place as a shitcan (which isn't a bad thing in my opinion), but I don't that it will start out like that.

Psyrus   
38 minutes ago, Nikko B said:

Lastly... It's a car that looks ****ing identical to the blueprint you posted. What the **** are you complaining about?

Samogon is a backseat perfectionist (backseat in that he doesn't make his own content but flies off the handle at people who do). In all honesty I am sure he says what he says just because he wants squad to be as good as it can possibly be (in his eyes), but bolt-counters often have a hard time accepting that neither the devs nor the vast majority of players care about as-close-to-perfect fidelity as they do. I don't go in game and rub my avatar's naked body against the cold, hard metal of the BTRs and Strykers, so I don't care if there are no straps to whip myself with, and I am reasonably confident that a good portion (say... 90%?) of squad's owners don't either [that's pretty generous if you ask me, I highly doubt 30,000 people care]. If the physics on the vehicles are good, they play well and keep my head down while I am trying to assault a position, they've hit the mark. :) 

Edited by Psyrus

samogon   
56 minutes ago, Nikko B said:

Dude.

First of all, this is ****ing alpha in case you missed that part.

Second, leave the work to the professionals. Not some kid ranting about his opinions on their forums.

Thirdly, be happy with the amazing recap we just got. Who TF cares if they have fingerless gloves? Will that hurt YOUR fingers while you sit around at your desk eating Doritos and raging at your Squad Lead for not being good enough? Didn't ****ing think so.

1)So,it's models won't be fixed.Even on release.

2)Professionals in wat?Crist,let's say - they professionals in game developement,but incompitent in correct modelling.

3)Yes,it's fingerless glowes are cancer... probably just like you.

4)You must be blind.Or probably just retarded.

Well,you just another guy,who think 'DEVs do everything right'.You're wrong.

19 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

[that's pretty generous if you ask me, I highly doubt 30,000 people care].

A lot people care about it... Im just make this in the most violent and abusive,as well as the most honest and open manner.

Yet... I expect a new wave of puppets,who start tells me how bad I am and how good devs are.Seems to be nothing new.

Edited by samogon

Dubs   
9 minutes ago, samogon said:

1)So,it's models won't be fixed.Even on release.

2)Professionals in wat?Crist,let's say - they professionals in game developement,but incompitent in correct modelling.

3)Yes,it's fingerless glowes are cancer... probably just like you.

4)You must be blind.Or probably just retarded.

Well,you just another guy,who think 'DEVs do everything right'.You're wrong.

A lot people care about it... Im just make this in the most violent and abusive,as well as the most honest and open manner.

Yet... I expect a new wave of puppets,who start tells me how bad I am and how good devs are.

Your issue is, you come of overly arrogant and quite narcissistic. 

No one is saying the Devs do everything right, you're just pull that out of thin air for some weird pointless leverage to a pointless argument lol

Maybe put your OCD/Perfectionist attitude to work, and make your own game. Where you can do 1:1 scaling/realism/detail to your hearts content.

samogon   
Just now, Dubs said:

Your issue is, you come of overly arrogant and quite narcissistic. 

No one is saying the Devs do everything right, you're just pull that out of thin air for some weird pointless leverage to a pointless argument lol

Maybe put your OCD/Perfectionist attitude to work, and make your own game. Where you can do 1:1 scaling/realism/detail to your hearts content.

Oh yes... "details are unimportand","Make your own mod/game".

Obviously - the way to improve a game is make your own game.

Smee   

Looking great )

Fingerless gloves, great can final dunk my biscuit and keep my gloves on )

Edited by Smee

13 minutes ago, samogon said:

You see, I actually don't like most of the things devs did. And i'm going to make my own (things), using photogrammetry and stuff, having lots of fun with it. Not sure how far I can go about it but I see the reason why they didn't make 100% accurate model, its not Lada Racing Club after all.

Edited by rincewind

samogon   
14 minutes ago, rincewind said:

You see, I actually don't like most of the things devs did. And i'm going to make my own, using photogrammetry and stuff, having lots of fun with it. Not sure how far I can go about it but I see the reason why they didn't make 100% accurate model, its not Lada Racing Club after all.

Still - it can be less detailed,but at least with proper proportions.Lada wat btw?

Edit:

@BTR

>all details are irrelevant details

>make cubes shoot prisms at cubes at default landscape

Edited by samogon

Dubs   
16 minutes ago, samogon said:

No one is saying details are unimportant, that is just you pulling words out of the air again.

Calling devs names(Like you have in the past), calling people incompetent(Like you have in the past) etc and constantly insulting people on the forums over content that is WIP in an alpha, is not going to improve the game at all. All its going to do, is get people to ignore you(Like the Devs have for months) and other forums users to not bother interacting with you.

samogon   
1 minute ago, Dubs said:

Calling devs names(Like you have in the past), calling people incompetent(Like you have in the past) etc and constantly insulting people on the forums over content that is WIP in an alpha, is not going to improve the game at all. All its going to do, is get people to ignore you(Like the Devs have for months) and other forums users to not bother interacting with you.

Oh,trust me,not I started it.I'll insult people only if they insult you.Im still think forum administartion are gestapo,cuz they acts like this.Still thinks incompitent in some things,such as models accuracy... it's literally not a problem,if it's fixed(And im surprised there so less mistakes this recap). But the much more incompitent are community around it.Such a poor argumentation for... accepting mistakes as something normal,insetead of suggestions to fix that.There could be a full dictionary for this:

-"This is Alpha"

-"This is Squad"

-"This isn't RL"

-"Make your own Mod/Game"

????

Many more stupid arguments.

This is a warning to all those who feel they want to voice their opinion here, there is nothing wrong with doing so but please do so in a constructive manner.

If you dont like someones opinion and cant reply back respectively then either dont reply or go ahead and do so but risk been giving a warning which may lead to a nice fun break from the forums :D

The devs do listen to peoples constructive suggestions and such but also remember nothing is finial, pretty much everything gets changed at some point.

Nikko B   

Sorry. It gets old to hear people just constantly nitpick every amazing feature you guys come out with, like they're the world's greatest content creator. At least the positive comments far outweigh the negative. 

Sorry @samogon for my language, I hope in my heart you realize someday that this game can be amazing with fingerless gloves :D 

Chap   

ChanceBrahh, very funny to read about the fact that the developers listen to constructive criticism. Here is a link to one example of how developers are "listening". And what has changed since that time?

Drav   

Hey guys, I reworked the btr reticle, it zooms and switches reticles as per the feedback left on the exact thread posted above. Something to be happy about at least!

samogon   
29 minutes ago, Drav said:

Hey guys, I reworked the btr reticle, it zooms and switches reticles as per the feedback left on the exact thread posted above. Something to be happy about at least!

Honestly - most of the changes been caused by forum shitstorm,insults and other things... and it's all usually starts as "constructive" feedback.

Still - most of the changes doens't affect modelling as well as Chap said.

Talking about this monster(I mean static car),I just recommend you to cut this of at least.It's already gets "WTF? O_O" hype in Russian Community.

Btw - still no coaxial PKT?

Chap   
1 hour ago, Drav said:

Sounds good. Now it would look like?
Without zoom.
btr-8it1294_pritsel-1pz-7-na-btr-80.jpg

With zoom.

1920px-1pz-7_4x.jpg