Chuc

January 2017 Monthly Recap

Nikko B   
27 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

Can somebody explain me why do we need free look in Squad?

Because it's awesome.

When crossing a road, I like to look up the road to watch for oncoming vehicles, or just turn my camera to watch a wood line. It's incredibly helpful to swivel the camera as if it were your head to keep an eye out without turning your whole body and making you run at an angle.

Rook   

I really like the "move weapon to last free-look position" feature, will there also be an option to just snap right back into your move position? Like in ArmA e.g. This would make quick reactions to sudden danger in front of you more easy. But i guess you had a discussion about the drawbacks on possibilities of your system anyway ;) 

Anyhow great update!

Maamyyra   

I hope the freelook will also work in gunners seat/stationary's. And is it possible to fire your weapon while you are still using freelooking?

The time the soldier pulls himself up is maybe little too fast considering all the weight they are carrying.

Maybe one day we can drive those civilian vehicles (without ticket penalty).

Also the  M-ATV seems to be some sort of command/radio vehicle with jammers on it.

Edited by Maamyyra

23 minutes ago, Maamyyra said:

I hope the freelook will also work in gunners seat/stationary's. And is it possible to fire your weapon while you are still using freelooking?

The time the soldier pulls himself up is maybe little too fast considering all the weight they are carrying.

Maybe one day we can drive those civilian vehicles (without ticket penalty).

Also the  M-ATV seems to be some sort of command/radio vehicle with jammers on it.

We can still use the weapon bro, they say it on recap..

I really hope the free-look makes it to the real game! looks so nice! great job on the animation system as well, bravo! 

Is there any update on when we might expect any of this to drop? - it looks rather finished to me, the vehicle handling/new vehicles/tweaks to existing ones... I love the new BTR sight.

SgtRoss   
7 minutes ago, Shovely Joe said:

I really hope the free-look makes it to the real game! looks so nice! great job on the animation system as well, bravo! 

Is there any update on when we might expect any of this to drop? - it looks rather finished to me, the vehicle handling/new vehicles/tweaks to existing ones... I love the new BTR sight.

The animation system is going to require a lot of work to integrate 100%. CoreInventory will affect many systems not to mention open up new possibilities/features, all of which will take time, but we have a plan and are moving forward nicely.

All of this allows us to do what we have wanted for awhile as we push for release later this year.

Flat896   
5 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

Can somebody explain me why do we need free look in Squad?

A variety of reasons:

• Look around while sprinting without losing speed or changing direction.
  • Scan environment while laying prone without giving away your position by moving your entire body.
  • Check on positions of teammates behind you while keeping your gun trained on, say, a door.
  • Shoulder check while you continue to put suppressive fire down on a target.

There are probably a ton of other examples that others can think of. It will allow for more situational awareness without having to move your body or weapon.

Psyrus   
4 hours ago, Shovely Joe said:

Is there any update on when we might expect any of this to drop? - it looks rather finished to me

With most dev work, the 90/10 rule applies :)

http://volersystems.com/project-management/228-why-the-last-10-takes-90-of-the-time/

Edit: I do have one question!

Will the soldier's head also turn in 3rd person to reflect where they are looking? I would assume/hope so 

Edited by Psyrus