Kadar09

How to improve performance?

I have a GTX 960, 8GB RAM and an i5 4440 processor, still only getting ~50fps. What are the best settings to improve the fps?

I lowered all my settings to minimum and get the same FPS with everything on Epic. I've given up trying to optimize.

Personally i've found running the game option "Resolution Scale" at "2.00x" and everything else off/low has given me the best graphic quality and maximum FPS possible for my AMD rig.

I have a 960 and amd 6 core1090T @ 3.5ghz. It happily sits at 40-50fps.

9 minutes ago, RollingInTheHurt said:

Personally i've found running the game option "Resolution Scale" at "2.00x" and everything else off/low has given me the best graphic quality and maximum FPS possible for my AMD rig.

I have a 960 and amd 6 core1090T @ 3.5ghz. It happily sits at 40-50fps.

Wait, what? :)

So glad you finally have good performance :)

I use SMAA since it's effectively the same thing but a bit cheaper in terms of performance. It looks okay but I'm using a 1680x1050 monitor.

Please refrain from telling people to upgrade their pc for a terribly optimized game. If OWI ND epic don't pull it together there will be a lot of unhappy customers. 

1 hour ago, Rexolaboy said:

Please refrain from telling people to upgrade their pc for a terribly optimized game. If OWI ND epic don't pull it together there will be a lot of unhappy customers. 

Telling someone to get a new rig is on par with conveniently forgetting the recent v8 optimization.  At least now the thread is balanced, thank goodness. 

this is what i got for my system and its no slouch and i get like 60FPS doesnt matter on the settings i get the same.

4930K @4.2GHz
ASUS Rampage IV Formula
ZOTAC 1080 AMP Extreme
Creative Labs Z Sound Card
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
Corsair RM1000W 80 PLUS Gold
Mushkin Redline 2133 16GB

On 21. 1. 2017 at 8:32 PM, Kadar09 said:

I have a GTX 960, 8GB RAM and an i5 4440 processor, still only getting ~50fps. What are the best settings to improve the fps?

Go into the Nvidia control panel and experiment. 
I've got a slightly  better processor compared to you and I am able to push 70+ fps on smaller maps. I've decided to sacrifice fps for clarity for the time being, though, so I mostly play at 35 to 55 fps, depending on map.

43 minutes ago, RighteousAlmond said:

Have you changed the priority of Squad.exe to high? doing that gave me a 5fps boost.

How do you do that?

2 hours ago, Andersson_ said:

How do you do that?

If you have Windows 10 go into task manager while having Squad run in the background. Click on the details tab. Right click on squad and hover over set priority and than set it to High.

19 hours ago, RighteousAlmond said:

Have you changed the priority of Squad.exe to high? doing that gave me a 5fps boost.

How on Earth are you measuring a 5fps difference, every map, scenario and player count are different and the firing range simply can't be used as it's a totally different ball game.

2 hours ago, RipGroove said:

How on Earth are you measuring a 5fps difference, every map, scenario and player count are different and the firing range simply can't be used as it's a totally different ball game.

I changed it while I was in a populated server and used fraps to benchmark for about ten minutes while I played before and after I changed the setting

On 1/28/2017 at 6:42 PM, Peerun said:

Go into the Nvidia control panel and experiment. 
I've got a slightly  better processor compared to you and I am able to push 70+ fps on smaller maps. I've decided to sacrifice fps for clarity for the time being, though, so I mostly play at 35 to 55 fps, depending on map.

On this note I saw in another thread to switch the Physx option in Nvidia control panel to use your CPU instead of GPU or Auto. I did see a bump up in fps after trying it on my 1070, but my friend tried the same thing and it tanked his fps on his 970. So its a toss up. Give it a try.

To be honest 50 isn't really a bad frame rate. Around 30fps is natural for your eye (hence why most film cameras shoot at 30frames and the rule of thumb in editing videos in slow motion is to never go below 30fps), anything above that simply helps negate motion blur when you have an extremely fast moving object or pan extremely quickly. 60fps is what you typically shoot for when filming action sports as a result of that, so at 50fps I don't really see a need to go any higher honestly.

As far as getting it higher it seems that, as many have stated above, the optimization in game just isn't quite there yet.

On 31/01/2017 at 4:41 PM, TheFSM said:

To be honest 50 isn't really a bad frame rate. Around 30fps is natural for your eye (hence why most film cameras shoot at 30frames and the rule of thumb in editing videos in slow motion is to never go below 30fps), anything above that simply helps negate motion blur when you have an extremely fast moving object or pan extremely quickly. 60fps is what you typically shoot for when filming action sports as a result of that, so at 50fps I don't really see a need to go any higher honestly.

As far as getting it higher it seems that, as many have stated above, the optimization in game just isn't quite there yet.

^ this ! 

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, LaughingJack said:

^ this ! 

I've always said, anything above 60fps in a videogame is just a *** measuring contest

10 hours ago, TheFSM said:

I've always said, anything above 60fps in a videogame is just a *** measuring contest

You can say it all you like but it isn't true. The human eye/brain doesn't see in fps anyway so trying to stick a cap on fps is pointless.

@Kadar09 the best performance I can squeeze from Squad without resorting to messing in the ini files on a 780ti+3770k@4.5ghz is...

Everything epic except shadows which are high. (Experiment here as it can make a big difference)

Res scaling @ 1x. I was running 1.25x and tried highr but with other the settings below I don't notice much difference apart from a fps decrease.

Turn off any in game AA.

Turn off V-sync in game.

Go into Nvidia control panel (Ncp) and set up a profile for Squad. Set the AA how you like. I have mine at 4x.

I've also set my Anisotropic filtering to 16x (I still need to experiment here)

In Ncp change the Max frames to render ahead to 1.

After doing those settings I went from 50 to 70 fps on an empty Op First Light server.

Here's a guide for editing the Ncp if that all seems a bit confusing.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175888731

I have issue with performance too, since v8.11

I was runing on a smooth 80 fps on all map, but since this udpate, i'm in 30 fps everywhere.

I have a I7-6700K and a 1060 6gb, and it was fine before.

No change if i turn everything on low..