Kadar09

How to improve performance?

SHO-SHIN   
12 minutes ago, Peerun said:

+1
By the way, does opening your window count as cooling your system? :D 

LOL I run a mATX system pretty heavily overclocked and found a nice fix to get my GPU from 65 to 50 - like you I removed the perspex side window. Gonna get it laser cut so I can pop it in for the same effect shortly.

Skul   
7 hours ago, banOkay said:

These HPET and similar tweaks are complete bs and a waste of time. Won't do anything for 99% of people, only placebo.

Do you even know how HPET works? Or difference between MSI and LI modes? I seriously doubt so judging by what you're saying without any kind of arguments, sources or anything like that. Educate yourself on the topic first, then you can claim something like this with arguments, proofs, evidence and sources.

When you say something like this without educating yourself on the topic like this one first, you sound as this guy:

dc.jpg?itok=ZUwFkpvy

Which would be claiming that NASA is complete bullshit(without educating himself on the topic first, of course).

For example, I can't even overclock my PC more than on 8% without turning on HPET. Once I turn on HPET, I can go from 2.7 to 4.7 gHz on my Skylake easily using bus speed.

On my previous PC turning off HPET fixed stutters in CS:GO for me. On the one before I had to manually turn it ON to fix stutters, etc. The thing with HPET in particular is that this thing is turned off by default on some PCs and turned on by default on some others.

On my current PC I let HPET to be on default setting(turned ON) but not because it is default value, but because I decided so(it is better to have HPET turned on, on my system).

Every single change in a system make a difference. And you can not only do better but you can also make it a lot worse very easily, or even break your machine if you don't understand what you're doing.

Edited by Skul

banOkay   
5 minutes ago, Skul said:

Do you even know how HPET works? Or difference between MSI and LSI modes? I seriously doubt so judging by what you're saying without any kind of arguments, sources or anything like that. Educate yourself on the topic first, then you can claim something like this with arguments, proofs, evidence and sources.

When you say something like this without educating yourself on the topic like this one first, you sound as this guy:

dc.jpg?itok=ZUwFkpvy

Which would be claiming that NASA is complete bullshit(without educating himself on the topic first, of course).

For example, I can't even overclock my PC more than on 8% without turning on HPET. On my previous PC turning off HPET fixed stutters in CS:GO for me. On the one before I had to manually turn it ON to fix stutters, etc. The thing with HPET in particular is that this thing is turned off by default on some PCs and turned on by default on some others.

On my current PC I let HPET to be on default setting(turned ON) but not because it is default value, but because I decided so(it is better to have HPET turned on, on my system).

Every single change in a system make a difference. And you can not only do better but you can also make it a lot worse very easily, or even break your machine if you don't understand what you're doing.

That's exactly what the problem is, these guides just tell you to disable or enable HPET (whatever they choose) without explaining anything and it only makes an actual difference for few. Many motherboards don't even have the option and on many others it does nothing, Windows only uses HPET for some applications etc. Waste of effort, just like manually setting process priority.

Edited by banOkay

Skul   
12 minutes ago, banOkay said:

That's exactly what the problem is, these guides just tell you to disable or enable HPET (whatever they choose) without explaining anything and it only makes an actual difference for few.

People share their educated opinion, tests and conclusions they came to with other people. When you say it is all bullshit without providing tonns of sources, you're bullshitting people yourself with your claims about other tweaks being bullshit.

After you've applied 100 of these tweaks and none helped you, and you made tests for every one of them, and you shared results of these tests with other people on guru3d, then yes, you can claim that they're bullshit(but only the ones you've tested yourself).

When I provided a list with tweaks a guy can apply, I provided links to every tweak I recommended in a list, so a guy can follow a link, read about it, see tests and results, and decide for himself if he wants to apply this tweak.

Different tweaks do work for me, other just don't do anything on my system, some others even hurt my performance! But they are not bullshit, just some tweaks helped other people, some other tweaks helped me, and so on.

People who share these tweaks don't come from gaming forums(99.9% of people on gaming forums don't know shit about technical stuff), these people are system administrators, programmers and other technicians which actually know their shit.

Edited by Skul

Skul   
On 2/10/2017 at 11:52 AM, banOkay said:

These HPET and similar tweaks are complete bs and a waste of time. Won't do anything for 99% of people, only placebo.

Today I made some performance tests. I made a screenshot with HPET off, rebooted, turned HPET on, made a screenshot, rebooted, turned HPET off and finally made 3rd final screenshot with HPET off again.

Here are results:

1st screen HPET off:

Spoiler

w74iqs5.jpg

2nd screen HPET on after reboot:

Spoiler

n1KoDte.jpg

3rd screen HPET off again after another reboot:

Spoiler

lsN1RPy.jpg

Never mind RivaTuner overlay. It shows correct FPS LIVE but for some reason it's glitched when you make screenshots in Squad. Pay attention to stat FPS and stat Unit values.

Framerate differs in ~3 FPS range. With HPET on it is 76-78 FPS at that specific place for me. With HPET off it is 88-90 FPS at the specific place for me. As you can see it is clearly beyond the error. Just decided to bump a thread for people to see how they can fix FPS.

Edited by Skul

On 1/21/2017 at 8:53 PM, Nikko B said:

I lowered all my settings to minimum and get the same FPS with everything on Epic. I've given up trying to optimize.

Did you find a solution i have the same problem?

Mine is 970M +4720HQ, with the similar ability to 960's. The best frame rate i get is in the small map of Afghangistan village which is around 50fps. I think the medium graphics setting should be the best. Shut down all the motion blur since it makes no sense and drag the vision distance to 50% of the total. 

12 hours ago, Fullynuts said:

Mine is 970M +4720HQ, with the similar ability to 960's. The best frame rate i get is in the small map of Afghangistan village which is around 50fps. I think the medium graphics setting should be the best. Shut down all the motion blur since it makes no sense and drag the vision distance to 50% of the total. 

You mean sumari yes that's my favorite map because simply it's the only place where i can have over 55 FPS even with 80 players in the server.

Conclusion more updates are coming including optimizations and the latest version of UE4.If you love the game like i do sit back for a while and give your feedback in the forums.I played 120 hours in 9 days but the FPS is killing me while i have a good rig, i sometimes play a couple of games but i try to help in the forums and give my  feedback waiting for the new update to fix these problems personally new content isn't number 1 priority for me