Arduras

US OP? Seems to be the opinions in game. What do you think?

I am at  the skill cap.

But people who dont know me wont aknowledge unfortunately. :-(

And no US not OP.

Edited by runningDuck

I don't think the U.S is OP since Russia is pretty much on par with them, (besides aimpoints. Give Russia an equivalent and it's perfect) it's just that the Insurgents and Militia just have huge drawbacks that guarantee that they will be crushed by an equally skilled US or Russian team. 

Map design heavily favors the team that can win at long-range engagements. Insurgents and Militia have no optics so they will lose pretty much every map. Once we have the apartment complexes I feel the game will feel much more balanced. 

Militia camo is the worst offender. I'm pretty sure that even the Insurgents would beat them pretty easily. Militia can be easily spotted and stick out way too much. When you have BTRs and CROWs scanning for black figures on a light green background it is not even a contest. A change of camo would do wonders to even the game out. 

US aren't OP at all imo, it's just that the most commonly used meta works extremely well for the faction. Teams then try replicate the same meta across all factions but that very rarely yields actual success.

The unorthodox factions should be played unthordoxly as generally speaking a head on head collision isn't going to favour them, get behind them, hit them where it hurts. 

Russains are generally a slower moving heavy hitter and should be treated as such, have your infantry push up first under suppression and support from the btrs.

14 hours ago, Flat896 said:

I don't think the U.S is OP since Russia is pretty much on par with them, (besides aimpoints. Give Russia an equivalent and it's perfect)

I don't think they should have as much optics as the US, sets the factions apart and plus its realistic.  Russia doesn't roll with aimpoint sights on everything because of financial concerns, and I was told this by the biggest Russian patriot I've ever met. Having a superior rocket situation makes up for the drawback imo.  Different but equal should be the name of the game, making everyone the same would be boring.

cant wait until the insurgents are completed!  going to be able to have some asymmetrical fun with the conventional forces. 

Not to imply its otherwise as the topic author said, but

5D6AC369DB57578EC4535D3287692642561BE41F

Those RIP guys know their shit O.o

Edited by twoxs

44 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

cant wait until the insurgents are completed!  going to be able to have some asymmetrical fun with the conventional forces. 

Boomb Boomb and a zoom zoom!

and to the OP, SL-SL coordination tops everything

When two teams with absolutely same kill level meet each other, USA and Russia will come on top against Militia and Insurgents right now. The latter may give hard time but the former will always have the initiative and edge.

My humble two cents; content pacing should focus on irregular armies for a while to balance the asymmetrical balance.

I'll be happier when Militia aren't the worst faction in the game. Every fight they go in it's like a game of whack a mole, only it's the black dots. It's terrible. Recently played INF 50 player Rus/Mil on the map with Chakar Kot and Malak Abad and Mohd Zai. (Kohat Toi?) and shit did that suck. Was nothing but a field of death anywhere you went since all the optics had to do was perch up on the hills on either side with supporting inf and point and click at any black dots anywhere on the map.

i really think in games like Squad, where good teamwork trumps all other factors by a big margin, we really do not have to worry too much about faction balance.

I really do not get all the fuss about US Red Dot optic. Yes, US ACOG is the best in the game and shooting with it is really easy and I thought that was what people were complaining about. But I see all the time people complaining about Red Dot - it does not give any zoom advantage, just clearer view (arguably). AK iron sight has a very clean layout anyway. 

I also agree that Eastern European militia black uniform is way too easy to spot. 

This talk of when equally communicative team meeting each other, US or RUS will always trump, it is still too theoretical to be honest - unless people are talking from clan v. clan experiences. When I SL, which is quiet often (2-3 out of 5 games), more than half of the time, other SLs will not talk until they absolutely have to: i.e. getting over run. In live games, people have yet to reach the skill cap by far. 

That's just it* US vs Militia Logar Valley there was a clan scrim (and they switched sides for the second round) and US completely won by an utter landslide of ~300 tickets both times, despite teams switching.

Edited by Arduras

i think my opinion on logar valley is that it is map imbalance with the dominating hill near South DC. 

Edited by pigsoup

On 12.2.2017 at 10:22 AM, pigsoup said:

i really think in games like Squad, where good teamwork trumps all other factors by a big margin, we really do not have to worry too much about faction balance.

I really do not get all the fuss about US Red Dot optic. Yes, US ACOG is the best in the game and shooting with it is really easy and I thought that was what people were complaining about. But I see all the time people complaining about Red Dot - it does not give any zoom advantage, just clearer view (arguably). AK iron sight has a very clean layout anyway. 

I also agree that Eastern European militia black uniform is way too easy to spot. 

This talk of when equally communicative team meeting each other, US or RUS will always trump, it is still too theoretical to be honest - unless people are talking from clan v. clan experiences. When I SL, which is quiet often (2-3 out of 5 games), more than half of the time, other SLs will not talk until they absolutely have to: i.e. getting over run. In live games, people have yet to reach the skill cap by far. 

Teamwork is very importaint in squad but that doesnt mean devs shouldnt think about what team get what tools and how they can use their tool on each map.

For example Logar is just the perfect map for scopes and crows!

- Militia has to move into the valley in the middle to get to flags and flank US + US has a hill next to the main that can cover whole valley <-- this is not a good mix.

- Militia need to use speed of technicals to flank + Middle of eastern part of map is a hill that vehicles can't really move in, so only way to leave valley on the US side is 2 roads (1 north and 1 south) + movement in valley is extremely limited because of buildings + edge of map (mountains) to the north and south of valley forces all vehicles and inf into "killzone"  <-- this makes extremly hard for militia to use their strength.

On 12.2.2017 at 10:24 AM, Arduras said:

That's just it* US vs Militia Logar Valley there was a clan scrim (and they switched sides for the second round) and US completely won by an utter landslide of ~300 tickets both times, despite teams switching.

What clan did this experiment?

On 2/12/2017 at 0:26 AM, Arduras said:

I'll be happier when Militia aren't the worst faction in the game. Every fight they go in it's like a game of whack a mole, only it's the black dots. It's terrible. Recently played INF 50 player Rus/Mil on the map with Chakar Kot and Malak Abad and Mohd Zai. (Kohat Toi?) and shit did that suck. Was nothing but a field of death anywhere you went since all the optics had to do was perch up on the hills on either side with supporting inf and point and click at any black dots anywhere on the map.

Giving Militia some actual camouflage would be a good idea. The tracksuits are fun for cheeki breeki memes but the kind of militia/guerrilla armies the Militia are representing are capable of getting their hands on cammies or at least earth-tone clothing.

Chechens: http://cdn.yjc.ir/files/fa/news/1393/8/25/2743380_982.jpg

Novorossiya: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/92/3e/38/923e3822ee46f0b310559831a6df933e.jpg

Abkhazia: http://gdb.rferl.org/B6F83519-42B3-4387-BD2B-6191D4DA54DE_mw800_s.jpg

PKK: http://theiranproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/PKK.jpg

and so on