Arduras

us
US OP? Seems to be the opinions in game. What do you think?

90 posts in this topic

So inevitable playing Militia and Insurgents they'll be strong (having scopes) but the guns have less recoil and are far more accurate, in addition to that the CROW decimates infantry and vehicles (including the BTR) without any problems from hidden positions. M249s that are laser guns while prone and having objectively the best gun in the game for every other member of your squad. In game there is a lot of bitching from Militias getting pushed to main pretty much every other map they play on (at least on pubs)

 

What can be done to close the gap a bit? The militia can't get within 3 grids of the CROW without dying, the infantry have the best weapons and push even further. Right now, the militia don't have the capacity to deal with a well played US team.Militia can play well (even following the shitty meta right now that is to rush the enemy's second cap) and still get utterly destroyed.

 

Once bipods are in I think it might even out a bit, even if it's only non-US factions that need them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Militia and insurgent LATs are the key against evil crows. With 4 pairs of LAT that work together. It will be a huge game changer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of now US and Russia are more superior than the other factions. Sooner or later you'll get the cliché reply about how this game is still in development and more updates will be introduce to balance the factions.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, LifeIsLikeABoxOfChoc said:

As of now US and Russia are more superior than the other factions. Sooner or later you'll get the cliché reply about how this game is still in development and more updates will be introduce to balance the factions.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
 

 

I don't see where it is cliche at all. The game is in development. None of the factions have their full arsenals of weaponry and the gameplay mechanics are fluid. Things are constantly being modified to increase balance and playability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Odin said:

 

I don't see where it is cliche at all. The game is in development. None of the factions have their full arsenals of weaponry and the gameplay mechanics are fluid. Things are constantly being modified to increase balance and playability.

Yeah thats not cliche its just true.

US is easy to go up against if people are willing to work together and communicate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Odin said:

 

I don't see where it is cliche at all. The game is in development. None of the factions have their full arsenals of weaponry and the gameplay mechanics are fluid. Things are constantly being modified to increase balance and playability.

 

13 minutes ago, Crusty said:

Yeah thats not cliche its just true.

US is easy to go up against if people are willing to work together and communicate.

What I'm trying to say as well is, unfortunately I've no idea how to put it across nicely, I'm sick of people complaining about factions being OP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LifeIsLikeABoxOfChoc said:

 

What I'm trying to say as well is, unfortunately I've no idea how to put it across nicely, I'm sick of people complaining about factions being OP. 

I totally agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol don't go toe to toe with a superior force, flank and spank. Amazing how this is lost on people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grimshadow said:

Lol don't go toe to toe with a superior force, flank and spank. Amazing how this is lost on people. 

Lmfao "Flank and Spank" that is the best thing I have heard all day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russian's anti-tank personel have 2 types of rpgs and 4 rockets... Just saying...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US is not overpowered.

 

- Case closed -

Edited by MultiSquid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've gotta play very differently with all factions, Militia and Insurgents have to utilize superior speed to get advantageous positions and engage from close ranges. They need 2 LAT kits in every squad. Minimal drop and the power of the HEAT rockets should make short work of any vehicle within 150m-200m. Well positioned Humvees and BTRs will only be destroyed if they are attacked from more then one angle or in tandem (2 LATs, 1 LAT and 1 Techie, etc).

US and RU on the other hand, can engage from quite far with precision, and should utilize that advantage vs INS and Milita. Losing vehicles is a huge loss to the team on both US an RU as they are worth a lot of tickets, and comprise a significant amount of firepower of these factions.

TLDR: MIL and INS need to recover ticket losses from getting outkilled, by destroying high ticket vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep seeing people talk about MIL needs to use flank tactics or what not. But the US can do the same thing. It's not like there's a rule book telling the US not to flank or cover a flank with an acog and let his team know.

Were not talking about being able to win. The INS and MIL CAN and do win. Were talking about the US being superior in every (or at least nearly every) way. When you get 2 EQUAL teams the US wins more than INS or MIL. Look at the North American Squad league from last week. Had all the top clans on Logars Valley. US won by 300 tickets. And that's with some of the best players on NA.

The INS and MIL need to have some kind of infantry advantage. Like higher stamina or lower respawn. Maybe higher ticket count to start the match. If your going for realistic INS would be able to move faster than US or RUS due to being lighter (no equiptment). They also have superior numbers in most cases.

It also doesn't help the M4 and AK deal very similar damage in a lot of cases. 2-3 shot kills most of the time for both. M4 damage should be lower than AK and it probably is. But when you 2 shot most of your kills with the M4 the AK losses its advantage.

As it stands right now the US has better vehicles and better infantry weapons.

The game is being updated pretty regularly though so I hope it is on the dev's radar of things to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zukster said:

I keep seeing people talk about MIL needs to use flank tactics or what not. But the US can do the same thing. It's not like there's a rule book telling the US not to flank or cover a flank with an acog and let his team know.

Were not talking about being able to win. The INS and MIL CAN and do win. Were talking about the US being superior in every (or at least nearly every) way. When you get 2 EQUAL teams the US wins more than INS or MIL. Look at the North American Squad league from last week. Had all the top clans on Logars Valley. US won by 300 tickets. And that's with some of the best players on NA.

The INS and MIL need to have some kind of infantry advantage. Like higher stamina or lower respawn. Maybe higher ticket count to start the match. If your going for realistic INS would be able to move faster than US or RUS due to being lighter (no equiptment). They also have superior numbers in most cases.

It also doesn't help the M4 and AK deal very similar damage in a lot of cases. 2-3 shot kills most of the time for both. M4 damage should be lower than AK and it probably is. But when you 2 shot most of your kills with the M4 the AK losses its advantage.

As it stands right now the US has better vehicles and better infantry weapons.

The game is being updated pretty regularly though so I hope it is on the dev's radar of things to do.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not so much US that's superior but the conventional forces. US vs RF normally goes either way, depending on which has the more effective CROWS or BTR crews (being the only vehicles in the game with optical zoom is a game changer and gives you the stand-off ability to stay well out of effective range of enemy return fire)

 

Unconventional forces just don't have anything that they can use to counter them, I've got a fairly lengthy post in another thread about the issues with militia at the moment (their only real benefit over RF/US is the extra frag round for the RPG, that isn't a worthwhile trade off for all the optics, vehicles, etc. the opposition gets. No, conventional vs. insurgent shouldn't have identical loadouts, but there should be something that the insurgents can exploit to gain an advantage. At the moment there's nothing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zukster said:

I keep seeing people talk about MIL needs to use flank tactics or what not. But the US can do the same thing. It's not like there's a rule book telling the US not to flank or cover a flank with an acog and let his team know.
 

 

You're entirely right, people talk about insurgents just needing to get in close to where the US/RF can't use their optics, but they're just as effective at close range, and far better at longer ranges due to the excessive ACOGs, etc., over militia.

 

Higher stamina just sounds gamey as **** and so I don't support it, not to mention I don't think being able to sprint for an extra second or two would do much against a CROWS, but a temporary ticket boost until we get things like IEDs, etc. would be fine. Or things like random weapon caches around the maps that act like temporary FOBs (but don't cost tickets when destroyed), just to give militias some more mobility and elements of surprise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WorstNoobEVER said:

Russian's anti-tank personel have 2 types of rpgs and 4 rockets... Just saying...

Pretty much this ^

To add on to that, Militia and Insurgents have Rocket Trucks, Anti Tank Grenades, a G3 and SKS which will kill you in two chest shots, SPG Recoilless Rifles, an M249 that deals more damage with more ammo/range, and soon to be IED's and Land Mines.

 

What does the US Have? Accurate weapons, half as many AT rounds per squad, a simple up armored Humvee that can shoot far (which is worth more tickets than a Technical if lost), and 3-4 magnified optics per squad... <--- That alone should tell you that the US warfighting doctrine involves long range warfare.

 

The truth is for the time being you just have to get up close and personal with them. I've been on Sumari countless times where we've pushed the US back to their first cap. It's possible, you just have to play like your faction does in real life (for the most part, not always). 

Edited by LMR Sahara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I will take iron sights over red dot any time
It's better on long ranges rather than the red dot which the dot block your shot
RPGs as mentioned too
In CQC again the unconventional forces are my best choice
In open areas such as open fields and mountains scopes can be a problem the solution take cover, wait for them to come, execute the infidels :D
CROWS and BTRs can be problem too and solution is called SPG . in most cases it works . If not , RPG it .
When a ranging system arrive it will be way too easy to hunt armored vehicles .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

us m4 is op gun all the way in this game..AK variants have very big dispersion on full auto but m4 no.. why?

I see that too many are using m4 at full auto at mid ranges..but I see too many are using Ak variants at single at mid ranges

M4 should be powered down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red dot sights do not offer a significant advantage over iron sights in a video game. The advantage in reality is that you do not have to line up two objects to obtain a sight picture, but in the video game your sights are lined up automatically, eliminating this advantage. The only thing the red dot improves on is visibility while aiming down the sights, which is negligible and isn't winning anyone firefights.

 

As far as actual magnified optics, the factions are equal. No one has ever won a game of squad because of their teams optics. Every game of squad has been won because one team had superior leadership and coordination than the other. That is absolutely the deciding factor in every match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don´t think is the weaponry that makes the difference honestly. It´s using militia as a regular force that´s not working.

The lack of "asymetric combat tools" is the difference.

 

On field, Regular forces need to move slowly because it´s mandatory organization and coordination, recon of terrain for IED´s, looking for ambush... etc

 

The advantage of militia is the skill to go on small numbers, no so much coordination, superior terrain awareness, civilian cooperation, use of asymetric tactis...

 

That´s IMHO the gameplay we need to looking for militans.

 

sorry for my english.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, grimshadow said:

lol

Whats so funny? He's right ... When both team communicate and play to each faction strength the symmetrical forces - US\Russia 

just decimate Mil\INS with so much tickets to spare you'd think it was a team of pros against a team of toddlers with controllers who just purchased the game .

But the fact remains, it's 2 teams of very good players , and when they switch sides the same thing happens .

Go watch a few streams of the clan wars instead posting "lol" , Its not guess work , its fact that it happens and it wasn't once or twice .  

These teams have communications , experience , and map knowledge  . So you would expect the win ratio to be somewhat even right?Wrong...

It's a 100% win rate from the games i'v seen to the US\Rus side  , and almost always by a land slide .

Shame you weren't there to 'lol' or maybe give them some flanking advice...

 

"Lol don't go toe to toe with a superior force, flank and spank. Amazing how this is lost on people"  

Again we are speaking of 2 teams of equal forces , not a random pub game where you can for sure pull out some amazing flanks on even stupidly open maps .

But you speak as if the US\RUS are playing in some bubble were they are forced to play head on . Nothing stops them from flanking.

Not to mention alot of the maps the INS plays at are open and any competent US\Rus team will have marksmen closing those flank avenues easily .

Also the stupid INS\MIL cameo is a big big factor that rarely is mentioned and I think is a big factor . 

US\RUS has great cameo that you can actually use and ambush on all maps while your enemy sticks like a sore thumb running around with black shirts on yellow background, easy to spot and pick off with the optics and even with the red dot\irons   . 

I laugh sometimes when I see an Insurgent sniper crawling up a hill to get a vantage thinking he is well blended with his black shirt , white head cover, 

crawling on yellow sand ... 

And lets not start with the vehicles , that's just a sad joke . Couple of well placed shots and the entire crew is dead . 

Maybe lowering the BTR hp to 2 heats instead of 3 and a 1 for the Humvee could help some . But right now it's 90% a suicide run

and almost never pays the cost of the tickets unlike a Crow or a BTR   

 

I also find it very amusing when people that say everything is alright with INS\Mil measly tools are the first ones to switch over to the other side or

leave the server when they are on the INS side . Every game starts with the INS\MIL missing 6-7 people , that's a squad size .

Hey but if you can flank and spank right?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zukster said:

I keep seeing people talk about MIL needs to use flank tactics or what not. But the US can do the same thing. It's not like there's a rule book telling the US not to flank or cover a flank with an acog and let his team know.

Were not talking about being able to win. The INS and MIL CAN and do win. Were talking about the US being superior in every (or at least nearly every) way. When you get 2 EQUAL teams the US wins more than INS or MIL. Look at the North American Squad league from last week. Had all the top clans on Logars Valley. US won by 300 tickets. And that's with some of the best players on NA.

The INS and MIL need to have some kind of infantry advantage. Like higher stamina or lower respawn. Maybe higher ticket count to start the match. If your going for realistic INS would be able to move faster than US or RUS due to being lighter (no equiptment). They also have superior numbers in most cases.

It also doesn't help the M4 and AK deal very similar damage in a lot of cases. 2-3 shot kills most of the time for both. M4 damage should be lower than AK and it probably is. But when you 2 shot most of your kills with the M4 the AK losses its advantage.

As it stands right now the US has better vehicles and better infantry weapons.

The game is being updated pretty regularly though so I hope it is on the dev's radar of things to do.

I keep trying out new tactics every time i SL as militia, but i fear that everything you wrote is true. +1 from me.

Edited by Hipfire Hippie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Beat said:

Whats so funny? He's right ... When both team communicate and play to each faction strength the symmetrical forces - US\Russia 

just decimate Mil\INS with so much tickets to spare you'd think it was a team of pros against a team of toddlers with controllers who just purchased the game .

But the fact remains, it's 2 teams of very good players , and when they switch sides the same thing happens .

Go watch a few streams of the clan wars instead posting "lol" , Its not guess work , its fact that it happens and it wasn't once or twice .  

These teams have communications , experience , and map knowledge  . So you would expect the win ratio to be somewhat even right?Wrong...

It's a 100% win rate from the games i'v seen to the US\Rus side  , and almost always by a land slide .

Shame you weren't there to 'lol' or maybe give them some flanking advice...

 

"Lol don't go toe to toe with a superior force, flank and spank. Amazing how this is lost on people"  

Again we are speaking of 2 teams of equal forces , not a random pub game where you can for sure pull out some amazing flanks on even stupidly open maps .

But you speak as if the US\RUS are playing in some bubble were they are forced to play head on . Nothing stops them from flanking.

Not to mention alot of the maps the INS plays at are open and any competent US\Rus team will have marksmen closing those flank avenues easily .

Also the stupid INS\MIL cameo is a big big factor that rarely is mentioned and I think is a big factor . 

US\RUS has great cameo that you can actually use and ambush on all maps while your enemy sticks like a sore thumb running around with black shirts on yellow background, easy to spot and pick off with the optics and even with the red dot\irons   . 

I laugh sometimes when I see an Insurgent sniper crawling up a hill to get a vantage thinking he is well blended with his black shirt , white head cover, 

crawling on yellow sand ... 

And lets not start with the vehicles , that's just a sad joke . Couple of well placed shots and the entire crew is dead . 

Maybe lowering the BTR hp to 2 heats instead of 3 and a 1 for the Humvee could help some . But right now it's 90% a suicide run

and almost never pays the cost of the tickets unlike a Crow or a BTR   

 

I also find it very amusing when people that say everything is alright with INS\Mil measly tools are the first ones to switch over to the other side or

leave the server when they are on the INS side . Every game starts with the INS\MIL missing 6-7 people , that's a squad size .

Hey but if you can flank and spank right?  

Your right on the money to be honest.

Granted there are some fairly out there tactics that may pull a round in now and again for Insurgents or Militia, so it is possible to win - just very unlikely if all else is equal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the militia have 2-3 vehicles pr US humvee and 3-5 pr. RUS BTR.... sure it's harder to coordinate a large fleet of vehicles, but the INS and Militia has got far superior firepower to the US, thats why they get optics on their vehicles... because in a straight up fight the US would never win.

infantry to infantry the US is better equipped, but the milita and INS has the advantage of being literally everywhere due to their (newly buffed) transportation.

The milita just needs to show up in large numbers quickly and overwhelm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now