4th_Infantry_Division_in_Diwaniyah.jpg

fa_mg_pk_o1.jpg

Team we are waiting for PKM and M240 LMG's. Support class soldiers is missing this great fire power in the game. My vote for LMG to implement in next update. 

The PKM and M240 is considered heavy machine guns, the M249 and RPK-74 is considered LMG's. Back to topic, having a heavy MG role implented would be really cool to see, pretty sure it's been announced before thought if I'm not mistaken. The M240 and PKM is very heavy and often requires 2 personnel to operate it, a shooter and someone dealing with the ammunition.

The PKM and M240 is considered heavy machine guns, the M249 and RPK-74 is considered LMG's. Back to topic, having a heavy MG role implented would be really cool to see, pretty sure it's been announced before thought if I'm not mistaken. The M240 and PKM is very heavy and often requires 2 personnel to operate it, a shooter and someone dealing with the ammunition.

I guess in this case the personnel can have bino instead. Imagine having all the thread about point system for reloading ammo lul

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, F$K said:

Since it does take two people to operate those weapons, I would be really interested in seeing weapons that the squad leader can place down where it takes more than one person to operate. Like the loader, gunner, and the spotter or something along those lines. 

3 hours ago, F$K said:

PKM and M240 weapons or not static weapons this can be handle and carry by one person. Upgraded models or more reliable and light weight. Russian classic PKM machine gun is most used weapon in all battlefield. As you can check maximum militia and guerrilla using PKM and US, NATO using M240 L in support class.

M240/PKM are confirmed, and hopefully a PKP as well. One of the reasons these weapons are still on the to do list is that they really necessitate the use of bipods, which we won't see until April at the soonest. But yes, these are guaranteed to make an appearance in Squad.

Two man hmg crew would be great and is a worthy addition for the kind of teamplay Squad is pushing. Giving the the main man the hmg and his sidekick the ammo and some binos for spotting and directing fire makes those rolls both useful and fulfilling to play.

Btw. I really don't like the removal of the 3d spotting system on further distances. Not only a two man hmg crew would be as effective and as dangerous as in real life but also it doesn't make sense for 3d spotting system to be only on short distances. Back in the SQUAD version where you were able to mark a spotted enemy in 3d world on longer distance I did not see any exploitation with it at all. In fact it was still sometimes hard to mark it correctly and for the squad mates to see it. What I would like being changed to 3d markers is that only the squadmates see the marker if they are really close to you (which simulates the fact how in real life you're able to perceive the hand gestures pointing out the enemy targets).

When was the last time you saw in-game the SL actually using the 3d spotting system when it's completely unnecessary on short distances? If the enemy would be that close, then most likely it would probably not enough time to mark it and too risky when you're in a heat of a battle and so close to the enemy to be any worth marking it at all in 3d world. It would actually make more sense if the 3d spotting system would only work on longer than some X distance (say 100 or 200m), rather than only shorter than X distance. Since to hit anything on longer than 200m is hard enough anyway and it's not like spotting then would become super effective because it wouldn't.

If you are going to either remove it or keep it, it's pointless to make it only on a short distance because the whole point of marking enemy targets is to be done on long distances where telling a simple bearing of enemy 250 degrees is simply not enough even if you specify "mid-hill, tree-line". Trust me the way the game operates it can never be portrayed as precisely as in real life and the targets are so small that without the 3d spotting it's completely useless to try to tell where is the enemy by telling the bearings. What's the point of having a 3d spotting markers on short distances only if on short distances you don't really need any kind of aid in spotting an enemy since you can see everything clearly up to 100m. Whereas above 100m it's a totally different story and this is precisely where 3d markers become useful. Imagine trying to convey a target to the HMG gunner on distances such as 500-1000m by just talking on the mic? Sorry but if a map is full of trees, bushes and vegetation that is impossible or the target would be long gone by the time you manage to do that and it just makes the HMG gunner completely ineffective to what it is in real life. Therefore please bring back the 3d spotting markers on long distances please (as long as the squadmate is really close to you only perhaps so not everyone can see if they far away from you).

<-------------- This would make the two men HMG crew being actually effective as in real life and not being constanly picked out by enemy optic riflemen.

Edited by Friesen

Btw. I really don't like the removal of the 3d spotting system on further distances. Not only a two man hmg crew would be as effective and as dangerous as in real life but also it doesn't make sense for 3d spotting system to be only on short distances. Back in the SQUAD version where you were able to mark a spotted enemy in 3d world on longer distance I did not see any exploitation with it at all. In fact it was still sometimes hard to mark it correctly and for the squad mates to see it. What I would like being changed to 3d markers is that only the squadmates see the marker if they are really close to you (which simulates the fact how in real life you're able to perceive the hand gestures pointing out the enemy targets).

When was the last time you saw in-game the SL actually using the 3d spotting system when it's completely unnecessary on short distances? If the enemy would be that close, then most likely it would probably not enough time to mark it and too risky when you're in a heat of a battle and so close to the enemy to be any worth marking it at all in 3d world. It would actually make more sense if the 3d spotting system would only work on longer than some X distance (say 100 or 200m), rather than only shorter than X distance. Since to hit anything on longer than 200m is hard enough anyway and it's not like spotting then would become super effective because it wouldn't.

If you are going to either remove it or keep it, it's pointless to make it only on a short distance because the whole point of marking enemy targets is to be done on long distances where telling a simple bearing of enemy 250 degrees is simply not enough even if you specify "mid-hill, tree-line". Trust me the way the game operates it can never be portrayed as precisely as in real life and the targets are so small that without the 3d spotting it's completely useless to try to tell where is the enemy by telling the bearings. What's the point of having a 3d spotting markers on short distances only if on short distances you don't really need any kind of aid in spotting an enemy since you can see everything clearly up to 100m. Whereas above 100m it's a totally different story and this is precisely where 3d markers become useful. Imagine trying to convey a target to the HMG gunner on distances such as 500-1000m by just talking on the mic? Sorry but if a map is full of trees, bushes and vegetation that is impossible or the target would be long gone by the time you manage to do that and it just makes the HMG gunner completely ineffective to what it is in real life. Therefore please bring back the 3d spotting markers on long distances please (as long as the squadmate is really close to you only perhaps so not everyone can see if they far away from you).

Lol, one of the longest comment of repeating the same thing I've ever seen.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Friesen said:

<-------------- This would make the two men HMG crew being actually effective as in real life and not being constanly picked out by enemy optic riflemen.

What about in close quarter combat situations?  Would the 3d spotting capability be useful at that close range?  In buildings like the one I'm building; a 8 story apartment building partially destroyed on outside by bombs and fighting.  All floors accessable and roof.

But how much more effective it is to just tell squadmates enemy in the building ahead on the second floor etc. There is absolutely no point making a 3d marker just for the building that is so close to me when I can just describe it to my squadmate. Whereas targets on 500m sorry but that is impossible to precisely pin-point the enemy position by talking on the mic. This is why it would make much more sense if 3d spotting would only be possible above a certain distance (like 200m), and not under like it's now where is totally unnecessary and pointless to use.

24 minutes ago, Friesen said:

But how much more effective it is to just tell squadmates enemy in the building ahead on the second floor etc. There is absolutely no point making a 3d marker just for the building that is so close to me when I can just describe it to my squadmate. Whereas targets on 500m sorry but that is impossible to precisely pin-point the enemy position by talking on the mic. This is why it would make much more sense if 3d spotting would only be possible above a certain distance (like 200m), and not under like it's now where is totally unnecessary and pointless to use.

Well, sometimes in heat of battle your whole squad may not hear you say that.  So marking tells whole squad and other squads too; who are not on that com or far away in another sector.  It informs more people to mark it right? Not just your squad but whole team.

Are you kidding, the sound on the squad channel is hearable by everyone. And when I inform to my squadmates about the enemy in the building,second floor whatever it is so quick and easy, every one of my squadmates always gets the message. Therefore any marking on less than 100m are absolutely pointless since you can just either describe the building or tell the bearing. Whereas spotting targets for an HMG gunner on 500m distances is a whole different story.

1 minute ago, Friesen said:

Are you kidding, the sound on the squad channel is hearable by everyone. And when I inform to my squadmates about the enemy in the building,second floor whatever it is so quick and easy, every one of my squadmates always gets the message. Therefore any marking on less than 100m are absolutely pointless since you can just either describe the building or tell the bearing. Whereas spotting targets for an HMG gunner on 500m distances is a whole different story.

OK, I was thinking about informing whole team and other squads about enemy in building without using Coms. Does SL have to mark map for that separately on map?  You see I still haven't played yet, I'm waiting til I get some things first.  But I see how Coms is quicker than 3d spotting for that situation.

On 21.1.2017 at 8:14 PM, Sandeep said:

PKM and M240 weapons or not static weapons this can be handle and carry by one person. Upgraded models or more reliable and light weight. Russian classic PKM machine gun is most used weapon in all battlefield. As you can check maximum militia and guerrilla using PKM and US, NATO using M240 L in support class.

I never stated that you needed two personnel to operate a PKM or a M240, but it's highly recommended, the weapons themselves weight alot, and having to bring around magazine belts or ammo boxes will eventually get heavy. The M240 and PKM isn't really a weapon you'd bring in CQB's, however you can. But it's recommended if you have a MG team, to have them back in the distance to lay down fire. If I had either of the weapons I'd stay static in a gunfight, firing either of those while standing, moving or whatsoever is a shot in the dark with the recoil and what not.

On 2017-01-22 at 5:49 AM, Friesen said:

Imagine trying to convey a target to the HMG gunner on distances such as 500-1000m by just talking on the mic?

But that's what the whole idea of the squad with the better teamwork wins thrives on.

Also, the Squad leader (Does/should?) have tracer rounds for marking targets for his guys to shoot at.

Automatic Riflemen also have tracers to guide his guys to where he's shooting.

Before you jump on it saying it points out where the shooter is too easily, the USA has been using them for quite a long period of time now. It's the M856.

On 1/21/2017 at 10:06 AM, F$K said:

The M240 and PKM are mmgs not hmgs. The  ma deuce and DShk are heavy machine guns.

The 240 and pkm don't really require 2 people to fire, especially if they are using ammo pouches and not loose belts, a 2nd person carrying spare ammo and barrels is good idea though.

Personally I can't wait for the 240 to be added to the game, 0331 is my dream job and I can't wait to play the role with the 240.

A Mk 19 would be sweet as well.

Edited by Legioneod

20 hours ago, Legioneod said:

The M240 and PKM are mmgs not hmgs. The  ma deuce and DShk are heavy machine guns.

The 240 and pkm don't really require 2 people to fire, especially if they are using ammo pouches and not loose belts, a 2nd person carrying spare ammo and barrels is good idea though.

Personally I can't wait for the 240 to be added to the game, 0331 is my dream job and I can't wait to play the role with the 240.

A Mk 19 would be sweet as well.

Yeah, correction the M240 and PKM go under MMG, the M2 and DShk go under HMG. Weapons like the RPK-74 and M249 go under LMG. As stated, you won't need 2 persons to fire either of those MMG's, but they are often operated by 2 individuals, 1 carrying ammunition, reloading or putting the "spotter" role to action whilst the other part fire. Carrying a 12,5kg MG + ammunition and combat gear will eventually get heavy to drag around. But yeah, a Mk 19 would be cool to see aswell.