Sign in to follow this  
KronosGaming

When will the next close alpha start?

In the same boat as me and probably others who may have ponied up the extra $40 to get into what appears to be a very promising shooter.   I'm currently stretching out my fingers in preparation and practicing my coms voice so I sound tactical  :P

Hopefully it's soon!

Hey Kronos. The last email that was sent out to those who are in the closed pre-alpha was saying that portion was delayed by 1-2 weeks (depending on whether you bought ranger or not). There hasn't been any word on when the alpha starts.

There are already multiple threads created about this topic. If you use the search function for the forums you will most likely find one and it may have more answers there.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

Hello, Kronos. Welcome to Squad.

There is no set date for when the alpha will be opened up to the Squad Leader tier, and really no set date for anything as of yet.

The devs wish to stay open ended and honest with the community, so they don't throw out specific dates so as to avoid false expectations and disappointed players.

It's a small team between 20-30 people working on Squad. Patience is key. While you wait to play, please feel encouraged to make your way around the forums, learn what tools here are at your disposal (such as the Special BBCode button in the post editor, or the Search function -- very important, and works quite well), as well as get yourself a cool signature and possibly join a clan.

OP, as an added note, everything you see a non-dev say about deadlines and set dates, even if they are approximations or guesses, are best to simply ignore, due to:

1. because its just purely speculation

2. because there's lots of other things you can be doing to enjoy your time here with the community while you wait to play.

OP, as an added note, everything you see a non-dev say about deadlines and set dates, even if they are approximations or guesses, are best to simply ignore, due to:

1. because its just purely speculation

indeed!