Sign in to follow this  
MINTY

New Russian Optics and railing system as seen in Aleppo and other conflicts.

I have recently watched a documentary on Russian Military Police in Aleppo and I have seen a variety of new optics and rails, after doing some research I have found this: Optics and RailingNew SightLink to the DocumentaryMore optic, Seeing how Kashtan scope is taking up half the screen and theres no RDS for Russians yet, I thought this might be of some help. 

I saw that documentary too but the MPs being deployed in Aleppo have access to equipment that the regular grunts in the Russian army don't.

So besides from being unrealistic that the regular Russian army represented in game would have those sorts of optics, it's also not that interesting. If they got all the same sorts of toys as the US faction then there wouldn't be a whole lot separating them, which would be boring in my opinion.

The game needs proper suppression effects, more sway, more penalties and other shooting mechanics first to counter the use of already overly abundant optics in the game, not add even more friggin' optics that cause a huge imbalance in terms of iron-sight vs optics from the gameplay point of view and behave nothing like in real life.

Edited by Friesen

I dont believe that Russian MP have access to better equipment than the regular grunts do, also, the optics on US weapons are different to the ones on Russian. Also, not a lot separating them? Apart from the weapons, camouflage, vehicles, theres not a lot separating them is there? O.o I think there should be other optics, at least Kobra for Russians for the game to be balanced, because I dont see why one faction should be at a disadvantage because you think the gameplay would be boring by adding few scopes. I dont know if you played Squad yet but where are the ''overly abundant optics''? We have RDS, Kashtan, Acog, and PSO for SVD 9c1650f17b7259f0d14dbbdc926a4491.jpg45dac695e569.jpg13940902000647_PhotoI.jpgrussian-soldiers.jpg

Edited by MINTY

33 minutes ago, MINTY said:

I dont believe that Russian MP have access to better equipment than the regular grunts do, also, the optics on US weapons are different to the ones on Russian. Also, not a lot separating them? Apart from the weapons, camouflage, vehicles, theres not a lot separating them is there? O.o I think there should be other optics, at least Kobra for Russians for the game to be balanced, because I dont see why one faction should be at a disadvantage because you think the gameplay would be boring by adding few scopes. 

In general the MP probably don't get better gear, but the ones in Syria have because they're representing the country's military and all the pictures you posted are staged, officers or SF, which isn't representative.

And yes, while Russian optics would be visually different if they are practically the same as their US counterparts then they would produce the same style of gameplay. Even though people may think that the Russians are underpowered compared to the US I think they work quite well, especially with well used BTRs. I just don't see what more optics would bring to the Russians.

1 hour ago, MINTY said:

I dont believe that Russian MP have access to better equipment than the regular grunts do, also, the optics on US weapons are different to the ones on Russian. Also, not a lot separating them? Apart from the weapons, camouflage, vehicles, theres not a lot separating them is there? O.o I think there should be other optics, at least Kobra for Russians for the game to be balanced, because I dont see why one faction should be at a disadvantage because you think the gameplay would be boring by adding few scopes. I dont know if you played Squad yet but where are the ''overly abundant optics''? We have RDS, Kashtan, Acog, and PSO for SVD 

I hardly think that the red dot sights on US weapons give them much of an advantage over the Russian iron sights. If anything, it's easier to aim with the irons long-distance because the red dot is quite large and obscures the target. With the focus zoom being the same, there really isn't much of a difference other than personal taste. It's been noted several times here that it's the special forces and MP, not regular RU army who uses holographic sights. 

The optics actually are overly abundant, but in a weird way. We have arrived to a strange stage in development when more than a half of players can have optics, thus the players with iron sights feel at disadvantage since it seems they're mostly facing people with optics and they're not entirely wrong either. I personally have no problem playing with or without the additional zoom but I understand some people might feel like the iron sights seem a bit gimped. At this stage, when we have so many people already with optics, it would seem logical to either:

• Make optics available to almost all kits with very few exceptions, such as it was in PR
  • or decrease the amount of optics to make iron sights prevalent again

I personally lean towards the second option, I feel like people need to be reminded that everyone is first and foremost a rifleman and a grunt, instead of having more  hill-camping guys claiming they're providing overwatch (understand racking up kills). It's already difficult to get the people to move into the cap zones with the majority of players feeling like they should be "covering the others" because they have optics, you often see half of a squad halting on the nearest hill and only the squad leader with medics (or perhaps a stray LAT guy) actually advancing into the cap zone. You can most notice this phenomenon when playing as a medic and asking the riflemen to advance forward and secure the area so you can treat the wounded, in many of cases you're left with no choice but to try to pick up the wounded on your own as a medic while the optics guys linger in the back and won't move.

Edited by MultiSquid

7 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

... instead of having more  hill-camping guys claiming they're providing overwatch (understand racking up kills). It's already difficult to get the people to move into the cap zones with the majority of players feeling like they should be "covering the others" because they have optics, you often see half of a squad halting on the nearest hill and only the squad leader with medics (or perhaps a stray LAT guy) actually advancing into the cap zone. You can most notice this phenomenon when playing as a medic and asking the riflemen to advance forward and secure the area so you can treat the wounded, in many of cases you're left with no choice but to try to pick up the wounded on your own as a medic while the optics guys linger in the back and won't move.

This part of you post I agree to so much.

Have to laugh so much every time I see the "when will sniper be added. I really need it for overwatch and communication" thread. Yeah sure you want a sniper for that. 

The only optic I would like to see right now for the Russian side is PGO-7 for the RPG. I dont see a reason why that should not come. More scopes for rifleman is not really needed. Russian faction as is is very powerful and up to par with US.