Robin Sage

Commander Role

Commander Role Concept - Intel Officer Concept

One Player on each team at the start of each match will create a Squad named COMMANDER - DONT JOIN It will be a solo player. He may use the SL kit and fight as a solo player but his primary task is to issue orders to all the squads in the game. Having his map open is crucial to see updated Squad Positions, enemy markers and so on. He may also mark the map according to comms to provide an up to date situation for the whole team as Squad Leaders may not have the ability to during combat but can definitely provide SITREPs to the Commander during the match. It is highly recommended the Commander Issue Sword Marker orders as movement orders for his/her own benefit to remember the last move order issued by commander. It is up to Squad Leaders to immediately issue move marker orders once given so it is not forgotten by the Squad.

Commander may also designate a player to be the INTEL OFFICER of the match. This player will do the same as Commander and make a squad named INTEL OFFICER - DONT JOIN. Primary mission of the Intel Officer is to scout areas that the commander deems necessary and to update both the Squads via Communication Via Radio and updating markers on the map. This role is better suited to find enemy FOBs, Heavy Assets, and Concentration of troops as well as emplacements. Intel Squad may also be used as an Official Logi Squad

Basically, my point is you don't need the devs to implement a mechanic to have that role. Enforce it with admins or put it on whitelisted servers til the culture changes and it's an unwritten rule as to how the game is played. 

Edited by Robin Sage

I don't think this would work well before we get separate squad-to-squad and squad-to-commander radio channels.

I dont think Squad is ready for something like this. I can see a lot of people fighting to be the commander.  I have encountered some matches where there is too many chiefs but no indians. I have also experienced some matches to where there was no salty squad lead so they where taken up by newer players.  If they were to implement such slot than it needs to be developed by the devs with extra special privileges.  For now it kindof takes away the creative strategies that are created by talented squad leads.  It would be nice to have someone designated for marking targets when other SLs are in a bind, but that would get old quick and would take a potentially crucial player out of a squad needing the numbers.  Plus, if they are anything like me, I like to be in the fight instead of watching it.

Sounds stupid.

There's no commander class, and there's nothing stopping a regular rifleman or two being sent by his SQL to check something out.

What would be preferable is to add the ability for the scout class to mark on the map, heck, let everyone mark on the map but it only shows up for people in your own squad. Markers placed by squad leaders can be seen by everyone as is the case now.

1. It's a concept. It's enforced by admins or Whitelisted servers, THAT's what's stopping people from fighting over it.

2. Commander Role isn't there to STOP SL's from doing anything. 

Nobody will listen to the Commander. SLs barely listen to each other. Me myself was trying to coordinate SLs, and in the most time it works, but there always is one squad leader that say "You talk too much" aka "I don`t give a shit what you are saying" or "Shut up, dude".    

Edited by kiba3x