Sign in to follow this  
Aniallator

Head movement while reloading

The lack of it completely ruins some reloading animations, like the SPG. What a downer it was to realize that that beautiful animation we saw in third person, we couldn't see in first person when we were the one reloading. It would also benefit for example HMGs, with your head being able to follow your hand movement in throwing out the used ammo box, picking up a new one, etc, or with small arms when pulling a new mag from your vest. Hopefully this comes with the new animation system.

I don't know about you, but I like to keep my attention toward the enemy and the danger, instead of fumbling with mags in my rig. This is why I always turn my mags upside-down, in my rig, when they are full, and the other way around when I have spent it all or partially emptied them. That way I can "feel" if the mags are full or not, instead of having to look down for more than a second.

3 hours ago, VALROK said:

I don't know about you, but I like to keep my attention toward the enemy and the danger, instead of fumbling with mags in my rig. This is why I always turn my mags upside-down, in my rig, when they are full, and the other way around when I have spent it all or partially emptied them. That way I can "feel" if the mags are full or not, instead of having to look down for more than a second.

You're missing the point entirely.

3 hours ago, VALROK said:

How did you end up replying with this, lol?

lol anyways, the game is not done yet friend. if we sacrifice enough ramen and beer to the almighty devs then one day after fastropes are in they will have time to polish er up with all the cosmetic stuff we love to see :)

29 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

I would hardly call it cosmetic lol

Yeah your view following the SPG reload animation isn't really asking much. It feels so incomplete and unimpressive when you're just staring forward but when in third person it's completely amazing.

2 hours ago, Catindabox said:

Yeah your view following the SPG reload animation isn't really asking much. It feels so incomplete and unimpressive when you're just staring forward but when in third person it's completely amazing.

It does, it's an absolute shame not to be able to see that gorgeous animation from the first person. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of reloading an HMG either (maybe looking down when he picks up a new ammo box).

Yeah, I think all this would add to the immersion. Who knows? Maybe something is already in the works for the new anim system.

24 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

Yeah, I think all this would add to the immersion. Who knows? Maybe something is already in the works for the new anim system.

Yep! Actually the problem with full body animations is the motion sickness. If you make the player's view following the exact character's head movement, it's going to look shaky and awful.

What we've done for the new anim system is allowing the animators to make the camera having its own motion. This way the player's view will keep a very steady trajectory and smooth rotation variations when it follows the movements of the head during full body's animations. Obviously the camera will need to keep a minimal distance between itself and the head, otherwise it's going to look weird.

52 minutes ago, KaB said:

Yep! Actually the problem with full body animations is the motion sickness. If you make the player's view following the exact character's head movement, it's going to look shaky and awful.

What we've done for the new anim system is allowing the animators to make the camera having its own motion. This way the player's view will keep a very steady trajectory and smooth rotation variations when it follows the movements of the head during full body's animations. Obviously the camera will need to keep a minimal distance between itself and the head, otherwise it's going to look weird.

We're talking about the sort of head movement as with loading the BF1 anti-tank field guns, and I've never experienced any sort of motion sickness from that.

Because they've done exactly what Im talking about. You can also find that kind of work in R6 when reinforcing doors or walls.

Just now, KaB said:

Because they've done exactly what Im talking about. You can also find that kind of work in R6 when reinforcing doors or walls.

I see, thanks for the response.

I completely misread and -understood the initial post. Don't know how that happened. I must have read one post, and replied to another, in my mind.

Oh well.

I agree. It would be nice to have these kind of animations in - like RB6, Battlefield, and whatnot. It would add to the immersion, when reloading HMGs and rocket-systems too.

I hope they are in the new animation pack.

3 hours ago, KaB said:

Good to hear :) I look forward to seeing the SPG-9 reload in first person!!

5 hours ago, KaB said:

KaB, we're all waiting for you to impress us with the new animation system :)

Edited by fatalsushi

1 hour ago, chaz69 said:

arma 3's head bob was too much for me had to set it at 10%.

We're not talking about head bob, please read the OP.