M_A_V_E_R_I_C_K

Vehicles steering weels system delay

steering weels system is not realistic.

there is a delay between the action and the reaction of the steering weels,

thats mean when we are driving any vehicle and we steer left or right by using the arrows the weels takes fraction of sec to follow the command, its not executed directly and thats make the driving system soooo hard and not realistic at all.

you can keep the feeling that all the vehicles are heavy by controlling the throttle behavior but steering shouldnt have the same algorithm.

pls fix it we dont have to start steering before the turn comes up.

regards

I think you describe exactly why delayed steering is good.

You mention that devs can "keep the feeling that all the vehicles are heavy by controlling the throttle behavior but steering shouldnt have the same algorithm."

Because delayed steering successfully gives you the sense that the vehicle is big and heavy, it should stay I think.

On 2017-01-19 at 1:00 AM, M_A_V_E_R_I_C_K said:

when we are driving any vehicle and we steer left or right by using the arrows the weels takes fraction of sec to follow the command

Have you driven a car before? Like after taking a turn at an intersection it takes time for you to straighten out?

That delay is caused by server performance issues. Was driving last night on some server, it took a good 1.5 seconds to respond to steering @ 50 ping/green server health. Hop in another server, same ping/same health, and its responsive AF.

13 hours ago, Rybec said:

Have you driven a car before? Like after taking a turn at an intersection it takes time for you to straighten out?

R u serious have u ever drove a btr, i did the throttle is awesome in this game but steering weels doesnt have anything to do with the delay, if u steer the vehicle should turn instantly, the feeling that ur driving heavy vehicle should be controlled by the throttle.

u can add delay to the steering weels if ur driving a tank or M113 or anything without weels, thats why they build the APC like BTR...thats why the german build the half track, they build it for fast maneuver.

Edited by M_A_V_E_R_I_C_K

13 hours ago, M_A_V_E_R_I_C_K said:

steering weels doesnt have anything to do with the delay, if u steer the vehicle should turn instantly

I want to clarify.

You're saying that after you turn left, there's a delay before you can turn right. Is that correct?

On 21/01/2017 at 5:19 AM, Rybec said:

Yes but when you go to turn your car steering it responds virtually instantly (unless of course you bought a Jeep),

I think he means the command-lag from pressing "direction" key to actual "movement" on-screen - not what you are talking about, which is turns of the wheel to/from straight and full-lock (time-to-turn).

However i don't agree the throttle or steering should be nerfed for insta-movement. the "reaction" time (lag) for commanding the Steering Wheel or the Throttle should be near instant - the rate at which they affect the vehicle over time should be based quasi-realistically upon the vehicle involved. Lets call it the "Performance of the Steering/Throttle"

ie:

btr/tank = sluggish performance,

HMV = moderate,

car = fairly quick performance,

bike = virtually no hinderance to performance at all,

: performance of steering and throttle response.

On 22/01/2017 at 7:37 AM, Rybec said:

" after you turn left, there's a delay before you can turn right"

If it's a small value and based on some type of inertia then why not?

Also @M_A_V_E_R_I_C_K, you've not stated anywhere what kind of "Delay" you're talking about here - long, short, approximate timeframe?

What @GreatDestroyerDT said, above ^

Edited by LaughingJack

I'm assuming that there are inertia values that are assigned to each vehicle which should take care of the majority of the "feel" when you turn, body roll, things like that. There should be a little delay because if you're talking about a vehicle with tires on dirt and soft surfaces, there will be sidewall flex and the tire will smear compared to a stiff performance car tire on asphalt. 

I get that the OP is frustrated with the way vehicles drive atm, I think they're a bit odd as well. A lot of that is lag IME, but I hope they will refine the system with future updates.