Bonnie Money

How boost supply drivers motivation ?

We all know the deal about supply races.

Maybe if supply drivers get xp it will give them motivations to do more drives

Or

Is a npc driver driving to spot 1 to spot 2 all the time could become interessting ?

I'm not sure if xp points will motivate people. Most don't want to drive because it's not as thrilling as being on the front line. I think NPCs have been mostly ruled out in the past. In general, if you request that a squad member drive a truck and they refuse, you might consider sending them to another squad (tastefully, of course).

I was wondering if a supply class could happen: a member of the squad accepts this role and does his job because he chooses to, not because SL is shouting at him.

The tech car gives more supplies to fob if the supply class drove it from the main.

Or/and it repairs faster if he controls the car.

Or/and he doesn't need a second mate with him to unlock a tech/transport car.

Or/and He(or sl?) can put an ammo box next to a tech car and it is removed is destroyed or not next to it anymore.

We really need drivers, not pushied and sad soldiers756989_orig.png?281

Edited by Bonnie Money

I understand where you're coming from with the driver job thing but then that would spiral into people wanting a specific role for every niche situation.

Most "drivers" will do the supply runs then go to the front line, doesn't mean they want to only drive all round with their special kit.

Edited by Catindabox

Every time I make a public squad I simply name it "Volunteers". That way everyone who joins has automatically became a volunteer and I don't have to ask for them, I simply delegate tasks. If you don't want to do what you're told, well, then you're not a Volunteer ;) 

But seriously, we don't need any driver class or perks. If you don't want to give something back to your team and to your squad, which has provided you with all your cool toys and scopes and whatever else, then perhaps you don't deserve to be in any squad. Think about that next time you open your mouth to protest when your squad leader asks you to do something useful, not just something you want to do. 

Squad has some serious player attitude problems, it's about time we started adressing them. Stop playing just for yourself, once in a while do something for your team instead of getting kills (let's be honest, we do that for own satisfaction) and you'll find a whole new game in Squad that you didn't even know was there.

Edited by MultiSquid

Maybe if we get better supply trucks that go fast?  Weeeeee fun! Those dune buggies in BF2 were fun to drive.

6a00d83451b3c669e2017ee7ec9719970d-800wi

Edited by XRobinson

I've found that aside from having logis turn fobs into insta spawn points at the start of the match, have someone supply points to a fob just leads to unnecessary super fobs. If there's points, some SL will happily spend them, which is another issue altogether. 

Personally, I like playing support roles, but the meta game doesn't make them very necessary. If it wasn't so easy to spawn out on the map, people would use transports. If it wasn't so easy to drop radios, people would logi etc.

We should add color on/around the name of new players during their first 10 hours and one more game when they play SL.

Like that a serious players or anyone can take care of them. Teach them how to use SL and others, instead of "what the fukc retarded squad leader stop doing shyt left and right autistic kid" *left the squad*

Even add where he is from like:

Bonnie Money [CH] 

I like driving for supply and "racing" I did that many times in PR in Squad ... and I will. I already met some another drivers. Its fun. ITs relax. Its different game than squad FPS. Its GTA VI :D

People have to just discover this hidden beauty minigame. 

Edited by elerik

I've developed a system of disabling/destroying any enemy vehicle single handed, I do not need explosives.

I can share this highly secret and little known technique with super ninjas and incredibly-amazing people.

Currently I believe the only other person who knows about this is Sgt Postman from ZXD. He felt my power and was suitably impressed.

Just as a note, the modding kit files have many classes of unused code labeled as AI related. I can't guarantee that they aren't just leftovers from the base engine, but they might be something that will actually be implemented. But hey, I don't know for sure.

Edited by NotBrad

I never played much PR, the server browser and inability to change teams to play with a group of friends always put me off getting into it, but how did they make logistics interesting? I recall they always had dedicated squads that did it the whole match.

Was it just a more indepth logistics system, that was more than holding W and occasionally pressing Q?

I seem to vaguely recall helicopters being able to do logi runs, and also do troop transport at the same time, meaning it was a bit more engaging since you were doing more than just drive in circles mindlessly. I'm trying to recall the few games I played of PR and there always seemed to be a steady stream of players coming from the main base that could be given lifts by the various logistics vehicles, whereas in Squad it seems to be that outside of the initial rush at the beginning of the match, very few spawn at main when FOBs are available. Was it just the fact that maps were larger and so it was faster to spawn at main and grab a vehicle than it was to spawn at a FOB and run to the next objective?

I often have no problem doing supply/ logi  runs. Also as these supply runs become more vital to the game,, and maybe more fun in the form of IEDs and targeted vehicle ambushing (a natural consequence of making logistics a core need to progress) the supply run will become a task for a half or full squad.  That way the logi truck will need  fire support, and a scout to alert of RPGs or trip the IED early! 

Perhaps if the skillgap for logi-driving was increased, and excellent driving being rewarded, then we might see some interest in this aspect of the game. Currently there isnt much to it, whether you succeed or fail as a truck-driver is up to luck quite often. Might be fun for the person who likes truck-simulator games.. but these are in the minority.

I like the idea of adding a "racing" element to the logi-truck, where good drivers are able to do stuff newbies could only dream of. Im not sure what factors to tweak.. But maybe a good driver should have a shot at escaping fire from enemy vehicles (unless of course they get caught in the open). I guess more speed, accelaration and drift-control would be a way to do it. Most importantly, it should be rewarding and challenging (high skill-gap) to race the logi-truck back and forth. 

I think it was a good choice by the devs to make the logi-trucks more resistant to small-arms fire, you cant really snipe the drivers anymore since v9. Im not sure the insurgents supply-techie has similar bullet-resistant glass, but maybe it should.

Edited by plissken

@Kerri

You have different types of logistics vehicles in PR which can carry different types(small, medium, large) of ammo crates.

There is no destinction between ammo and supply (to build structures).

A few examples:

-HMMWV/Transport Trucks carry ammo boxes.

-Logistics Trucks carry 2 large crates (it takes 1 large crate to build a PR FOB=FOB&HAB in squad and 2 crates to build fortificatiosn next a FOB {MG,TOW,AA,Bunkers))

-Mi-8 Helicopter 1 large crate

-Chinook 2 large crates

A lot of vehicles are also delayed in PR (e.g. 20minutes until tanks spawn in).

So at the beginning you have only a few Logistics Trucks, light APCs(BTR-60s) and 1-2 light helicopters such as Hueys.

The Logistics Trucks have to remain in the field to repair vehicles (there are no repair stations in PR/except at main base).

So the only way you will get ressources to the frontlines are helicopters which in return can only resupply at main base.

So the activity level at main base is quite high because asset squads (MBT, CAS,IFV,...) have to return to main base after 20minutes.

The transport and CAS squad has to resupply at main (on some maps there are 5+ helicopters, 2+ CAS jets).

Quite alot of emplacements are ammo hungry beasts (TOW, AA, Mortar) and need a lot of supplys to keep them running.

Another big factor is that its very easy to overrun a FOBs which makes it unspawnable so the defending forces have to secure quite a big paramiter around the FOB.

(~50m). So in order to bring more reinforcements to help the defendes you have to spawn in main and fly in via helicopter.

I hope that answers your questions :)

I'm always down to drive a supply truck. Of course, it's that same attitude that means I'm usually playing a role that my SL doesn't want to give up. I guess they give points now for doing runs? When I first got the game I spent a whole round doing runs and ended up with 0s across the board, but it was all worth it for the win and it was awesome just seeing the FOB getting bigger and bigger and bigger every time I came back. I'm pretty sure you could have seen that thing from low orbit.

On 1/18/2017 at 4:27 AM, Bonnie Money said:

Is a npc driver driving to spot 1 to spot 2 all the time could become interesting ?

The reason why there will never be AI drivers is simple. They will always do something idiotic such drive over mines, driving into ambushes, getting trapped by enemy SLs' emplacements. Unless SLs could somehow warn the AI drivers of the threat, the whole game will devolve into trying to sabotage the other team's supply lines, or defending ones own supply lines instead of playing the objective. If a mechanic can be abused, it will be abused.

Once we have a way to make dedicated squads then logistics shouldn't be a problem. Out of 40 people there is usually one person who would probably enjoy running supplies, but there are too many game mechanics that prevent him from doing so.

My suggestion: When we get commander, allow him to designate a logistics squad. This designation will override the claim system so that the SL can take a logi without 3 other players in the squad. This way the logi guy has SL comms and doesn't need to pray that 2 other people join his squad. 

19 hours ago, Valdr said:

I'm always down to drive a supply truck. Of course, it's that same attitude that means I'm usually playing a role that my SL doesn't want to give up. I guess they give points now for doing runs? When I first got the game I spent a whole round doing runs and ended up with 0s across the board, but it was all worth it for the win and it was awesome just seeing the FOB getting bigger and bigger and bigger every time I came back. I'm pretty sure you could have seen that thing from low orbit.

200 per drop off.

Give these to the US!

On 4/25/2017 at 4:54 AM, plissken said:

I think it was a good choice by the devs to make the logi-trucks more resistant to small-arms fire, you cant really snipe the drivers anymore since v9. Im not sure the insurgents supply-techie has similar bullet-resistant glass, but maybe it should.

Doesn't look like it, single shotted one straight trough the windshield and his noggin a few days ago.

could bonus Tickets for the team or Build points (cumulative over time), be an incentive? (not much of a personal incentive, i agree, but . . .)

On 19/01/2017 at 3:38 AM, MultiSquid said:

Every time I make a public squad I simply name it "Volunteers". That way everyone who joins has automatically became a volunteer and I don't have to ask for them, I simply delegate tasks. If you don't want to do what you're told, well, then you're not a Volunteer ;) 

But seriously, we don't need any driver class or perks. If you don't want to give something back to your team and to your squad, which has provided you with all your cool toys and scopes and whatever else, then perhaps you don't deserve to be in any squad. Think about that next time you open your mouth to protest when your squad leader asks you to do something useful, not just something you want to do. 

Squad has some serious player attitude problems, it's about time we started adressing them. Stop playing just for yourself, once in a while do something for your team instead of getting kills (let's be honest, we do that for own satisfaction) and you'll find a whole new game in Squad that you didn't even know was there.

Whilst i agree wholeheartedly with you (and this is not by any means directed only at your good self), i hope this is not another case of saying one thing but actually (most of the time) doing another. I realise people do have favourite roles they prefer to play, and fair enough, just as long as they practice what they preach at least half the time, particularly if they're going to stand up and say things like this.

I have seen on these forums, peeps complaining that others won't Medic - or something else - enough, whilst maintaining the attitude (possibly fervently hoping?) that others will take the Role before they are forced to, or make sure they are SL so they can delegate the role to someone else instead, as they find it less than interesting/exciting.

On 26/04/2017 at 11:40 AM, Flat896 said:

Out of 40 people there is usually one person who would probably enjoy running supplies, but there are too many game mechanics that prevent him from doing so.

Hmm, that does appear to be a problem, as you state. Of course the attitude of, someone-else-will-probably-enjoy. . .  is also a problem.

On 19/01/2017 at 3:57 AM, LugNut said:

... Personally, I like playing support roles, but the meta game doesn't make them very necessary. If it wasn't so easy to spawn out on the map, people would use transports. If it wasn't so easy to drop radios, people would logi etc.

True?: then maybe part of the problem too - iv'e never liked the Spawn-on-SL or Spawn-on-some-teleporting-device mechanic anyway.

My POV:

This is an FPS game, regardless of the "Team" mechanics involved. People will most likely be drawn to this game primarily because of the "FPS" bit (coz, guns to shoot peeps wi'!). I honestly do not relish the thought of playing entires rounds stuck behind a wheel driving a Logi/Transport around and not seeing an ounce of action (actual FPS-play) - occasionally, maybe. I would be happy to play Medic a fair whack, as iv'e done it countless times in JO, but being the Courier/Truckie ("Logi/Trans") is never going to do it for me (waits for the condecending howls of "go play <insert AAA tilte> instead because Squad is not for you" comments).

Genuine Kudos to those who are willing and happy to drive around in circles for hours, tho. <two-thumbs-up>

Building super-fobs by getting supplied all the time is useless in most cases anyway. 2-3 supply runs for a fob should be max.

With mortars coming, which the devs have said will use up tons of ammo points, doing logi runs will only become more important.  A long time ago I remember there being talk of vehicles other than the logi having the ability to carry supplies as well.  If vehicles other than the logi truck carried limited supplies they could help keep fobs supplied by picking up supplies at main when they rearm/repair and then dropping them off on their way back to the front.   Maybe smaller vehicle could carry 100 construction and ammo points and a larger APC could carry 150 or 200 for example.  Maybe they could carry only ammo or only construction points.  

If there is a logi helicopter people will be lining up to fly that.

The difference between Squad and PR mentality in general is, and this also applies to dedicated logistical squads/people, in PR people do not have to pull the trigger every half a second to have their fix, in Squad 90% people do need that. 

I am tired of repeating the reason behind why that is so, and I will leave that to you so you can figure it out by yourselfs. 

Edited by Rainmaker

Actually, in my almost 200 hours playtime I never heard someone complaining about driving the logi. It was mostly only for a few runs like 3 max. Never heard about a SL needing constant supplies. But that chould change now with mortars in. With that, enemy will also maybe be more focused about taking out the logi driver with sending some out to ambush the supply driver since there must be a logi driver if the mortars can fire all day long.

With helicopter like someone mentioned it will also get more exciting to supply FOBs.