Hipfire Hippie

Fob radius finder - suggestion

Hello,

I have some suggestions regarding FOB information for SL.

1. On the map, each FOB placed by your team would show 2 mildly colored circles.

• One would display a 400m radius around the FOB, so all SLs would know where they can plant additional FOBs.
  • The 2nd would display a 100m(?) radius around the FOB, allowing SL's to know where they can deploy emplacements (such as ammo crates/50cals etc) around it. 

2. When pressing the 'T' key (SL menu), the 2 circles mentioned above will show up on the SL's map, thus providing him the information he needs in order to know about his intended      FOB radius of effect. 

3.  Possible addition: allowing SL's to place a special marker of the map for future fobs that all other SL's can see, along with the radius info (radius would only be displayed when you      mouse over it).

I think these improvements would make SL's lives much easier and enhance the game experience. 

Thanks and have a lovely day!

Try clicking on the map and placing a construct symbol on the fob that you want to range from. Then at the bottom of the compass you will have a range from that FOB so you have an idea of how far you have to move. Then click on the Radio and move away, when it turns green your at the minimum distance away. 

Nevertheless A visual zone around the fob's would be nice.

i like the current system which relies on my experience and incredibly amazing judgement.

I am incredibly amazing.

1 hour ago, suds said:

i like the current system which relies on my experience and incredibly amazing judgement.

I am incredibly amazing.

You amaze me, suds.

I uses the good old measuring method when I do not have any tools to aid me, place two fingers and try to hold still while moving my hand. Pretty accurate, I would say.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

@LifeIsLikeABoxOfChoc +1 

So do I :) I think best and elegant solution. And after it get in blood ... just fast look at map and +- just intuition measure it automatically. We dont need circles. Circles on map will disturb at the end. And will make players brain weak. 

I have to say that so far i'm quite surprised by the comments. I thought i found an  elegant solution to the thing that annoys me the most on Squad. 

That remain, I believe that if my idea was to be implemented everyone would love it.

Been waiting for this for a while, it seems the easiest way to implement it (have just the squad leader able to see it or perhaps a button on the map to bring up in-depth map details such as the radial circles, etc. to prevent map clutter, although that won't be an issue at the moment until they add more things that would be marked on the map)

Would also be pretty handy if all the maps were to the same scale. Some maps the large squares can be hundreds of metres, and you just need one between FOBs. On smaller maps, the larger squares might just be a few dozen metres and you need 6-7 large squares between FOBs. It's just a mild annoyance.

On 1/17/2017 at 3:35 PM, LifeIsLikeABoxOfChoc said:

I uses the good old measuring method when I do not have any tools to aid me, place two fingers and try to hold still while moving my hand. Pretty accurate, I would say.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

That's how I do it at the moment, although that's only really useful if you want a general idea of where an FOB can be placed. If you want to know if a certain compound is too close to a friendly FOB to be built in (for obvious reasons if it's just 20ft too close you aren't going to want to build an FOB in the empty field next to said compound), or if you want to know if there's any possibility to build an FOB between two other FOBs (usually not needed but on the small urban maps sometimes it's useful to build FOB between others, sometimes even just to build a couple of emplacements or sandbags and then dig it back up), a relatively course finger method isn't really helpful.

I like the current system too. Nice thought though. I just don't think it will add to the game, rather than taking some of the challenge and strategy/teamwork out of it.