Sign in to follow this  
Aniallator

If not in a squad, can only spawn w/ recruit kit

What about only being able to spawn with the recruit kit (same kit you receive when kicked from a squad, basic rifle with two mags) to emphasize joining a squad?

Sometimes a lot of the squads end up being full. So yeah you can create your own Squad, but that's not everyone's cup of tea. 

1 minute ago, LMR Sahara said:

Sometimes a lot of the squads end up being full. So yeah you can create your own Squad, but that's not everyone's cup of tea. 

People always seem to never want to squad lead so you decide stuff it ill do it, then people join your squad and decide to that they know best and back seat squad lead......

As much as i hate when people stay unassigned cause they dont want to create a squad i kind of understand why as well. I think having those kits that are available right now is just fine 

29 minutes ago, ChanceBrahh said:

People always seem to never want to squad lead so you decide stuff it ill do it, then people join your squad and decide to that they know best and back seat squad lead......

Too true. Lately I've just been taking their advice a little, being friendly, but if they start criticizing, I let them know I am happy to give them the SL position if they want it. If not, could they let me lead the squad and if they don't like my method, to find another squad that they prefer. So far it's about just under half that have taken up the offer to SL, which I thought was decent enough of them. Takes a lot of pressure off my shoulders, I like to shoot stuff too. ^_^

Too true. Lately I've just been taking their advice a little, being friendly, but if they start criticizing, I let them know I am happy to give them the SL position if they want it. If not, could they let me lead the squad and if they don't like my method, to find another squad that they prefer. So far it's about just under half that have taken up the offer to SL, which I thought was decent enough of them. Takes a lot of pressure off my shoulders, I like to shoot stuff too. 

Teach me master, how do you put across the message kindly asking them to "stfu".

Do you think this is good?
Noisy backseat dude: yo squad leader I think think this fob isn't in a good spot.
Me: yea... I kind of agree, but this is MY play style and I'm the squad leader. So I hope you guys can understand I've my own reasoning for putting the fob here.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

So far it's about just under half that have taken up the offer to SL

In the server I'm playing in, I'm SL every game, every night. Even when my Squad name is "2 SQUAD PLZ", my Squad will still get filled to the brim. Then comes along a newbie 2nd squad leader, placing the FOB at a dangerous place in a infantry map, effectively losing 20 tics.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, LifeIsLikeABoxOfChoc said:

Teach me master, how do you put across the message kindly asking them to "stfu".

Do you think this is good?
Noisy backseat dude: yo squad leader I think think this fob isn't in a good spot.
Me: yea... I kind of agree, but this is MY play style and I'm the squad leader. So I hope you guys can understand I've my own reasoning for putting the fob here.

Depends heavily on the situation. There is no one-size-fits-all solution. In the case you have highlighted, my response would be:

Me: Well this fob is already down and supplied, so getting rid of it would be inefficient... but why do you think so? 

Backseat: Reasons

Me: Ok well I put it down because ... [my reasons]

If he has good reasons for thinking it's not a good spot, I would say that next time I'll take his advice if I'm conflicted. If the backseat had said "this is a stupid fob location" first, I would just reply "well then you should make your own squad and you can place all the perfect fobs that you'd like".

Basically I'm reasonable to reasonable people (even if they are backseat squadleading), and an asshole to assholes. Something else that I find is pretty much gold is this line:

I appreciate that you're trying to help with your input, but it's getting to the point of backseat squad leading which is quite annoying. Would you mind taking it down a couple of notches? If you'd rather lead, you can take over or you can make a new squad and I'll send any volunteers over to your squad.  

This is all kind of off topic though, sorry :S