Sign in to follow this  
BrossParavoss

Nerf vehicles

Hello guys. I didn't write here a long time. But now I'm tired of armored vehicles (BTRs and HMMWVs). They need 3 HEAT shots to be destroyed. It's very big cost, you know it. 

I suggest two varients:

1) 2 HEAT shots for destroy;

2) reduce speed of these vehicles after been shot and increase repair time.

It is BMP-1, which has side armor 18 mm. and BTR has 7mm.

The current health based damage system for vehicles is placeholder until a more complex one is developed. From what I remember the one in development has varied values for damage depending on the location of hit and the type of hit, which result in different types of damage (like immobilisation or a destroyed weapon).

Also remember at this point in the game there is only one type of combat vehicle per faction, so to make them at all useful they need to be able to shrug off a hit or two. Once more combat vehicles appear I'm sure the HMMWV and BTR can be rebalanced to fit their actual role of transport and support, rather than the combat role they fill now.

Honestly I think 3 is just the right amount. Since every LAT currently only hold 2 HEAT shots you need to coordinate with other squadmembers to take down a vehicle, either by getting an ammocrate up, or by having 2 LATs helping eachother out to take it down. This reinforces the need of teamwork to succeed in this game.

Also what the previous poster said about it being very early and placeholder at the moment.

What has to be considered is that if you have 5 squads you have the potential of 10 RPGs on the map. In a coordinated round any armour is easy tickets. even with the 3 for a kill.  When you bring in Javelins then your get 1 hit for a kill on a Btr that would be more like it. 

With the amount of AT riflemen we currently have, I feel like the vehicles are at a good spot, maybe even underpowered. The maps are quite small and you just can't come within 200m of any competent player armed with an RPG/LAW or you're toast.

Humvees take 2 RPGs - if they survive the second RPG, you missed. BTRs take three, sounds alright to me, even if it might not be realistic.

If I presume there are usually 2 LAT guys per squad, then any vehicle attempting to help with an objective held by 2 squads is going to be  facing 8(!!!) anti-tank projectiles which can be fired from almost any window, nook and cranny possible within a timeframe as short as what, 5 seconds? That are some very bad odds, and I've seen a lot of BTRs destroyed instantly as they came around some corner into fire. Under the current circumstances lowering the amount of punishment they can take seems like a ridiculous proposition to me.

Edited by MultiSquid

Right now , BTR and Hummvee are the only armed vehicles . So to be playable now they are more OP than RL . In RL these are transport vehicles and they aren't meant to be fighting on frontlines as a spearhead . The fighting is for tanks mostly and ifvs "partly" . So when we have tanks in Squad these vehicles "BTR and Crows" will have RL armor and such.