Sign in to follow this  
CrookedLungs

How to host a server without using a partnered hosting company

Hey guys, before I begin I just want to say that I did use the search function and didn't find anything that pertained to my question. 

Anyways, I was curious as to what the procedure (or possibility) is for hosting a dedicated server from my own IP, or even on the same system that I am playing the game from. 

I've seen the guide that uses SteamCMD, I just want to know how you connect that to your local IP/port and have it show up in the server browser. 

Thanks for any info. 

Edited by CrookedLungs

9 minutes ago, CrookedLungs said:

Anyways, I was curious as to what the procedure (or possibility) is for hosting a dedicated server from my own IP, or even on the same system that I am playing the game from. 

Hosting it from the same machine you play on would be a very bad choice as the server performance would be greatly reduced.

2 hours ago, RigorMortis said:

Hosting it from the same machine you play on would be a very bad choice as the server performance would be greatly reduced.

I understand that. Normally, I would agree but my rig is running an i7 4.0 GHz (can overclock to 4.4) and 64GB of DDR4 so I want to at least try it. 

Also, thanks for the reply. That's the guide I found earlier and if that' the only option, I'll give it a try!

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, CrookedLungs said:

I understand that. Normally, I would agree but my rig is running an i7 4.0 GHz (can overclock to 4.4) and 64GB of DDR4 so I want to at least try it. 

Also, thanks for the reply. That's the guide I found earlier and if that' the only option, I'll give it a try!

Thanks again!

You will have a fairly difficult time getting this to work and this will not be eligible to be a licensed server as we don't support home-hosted servers.  On top of which, if you do get it working, your server performance will be greatly degraded running server/client on the same machine.

4 hours ago, Odin said:

You will have a fairly difficult time getting this to work and this will not be eligible to be a licensed server as we don't support home-hosted servers.  On top of which, if you do get it working, your server performance will be greatly degraded running server/client on the same machine.

That's fair, thank you.