jersettn

Stuck at initial loading screen!

I've been trying to launch squad for the past several hours with no luck. It keeps freezing at the initial loading screen. I've let it sit for about 30 minutes twice with no result. I've verified integrity multiple times in steam. I've completely deleted the game and redownloaded/reinstalled it twice. Nothing seems to be working. I've checked on google and have tried just about everything under the sun with no result. Someone PLEASE help!
My PC can most definitely run the game. I've been playing it for the past month with no issue.

Edited by jersettn

I also get this issue. I played it for a week, every time verifying the integrity and it would work. But now it just gets stuck in the loading screen like Jersettn. 

There was another thread about loading issues you might want to search for.

If you're having the same issue as me, then Squad hangs just after the loading video has finished, on the keyboard hint screen. The three blobs in the bottom-right don't animate.

The only way I can get past this is to hit ctrl-alt-del during loading animation, start task manager, right-click on Squad in the list then chooce "Minimize".

The status goes from "Not responding" to "Running".

Once you hear the main menu background music then you can maximise Squad again and all is well.

If you're experiencing the same as above then maybe post your GPU model and driver version?

Hi guys, this is also happening to me. Squad freezes on splash screen loading. I can then hit control-alt-delete but if i request the task manager it doesn't appear so i have to log out of Windows. Will be grateful for any help.

DC.