Hi all,

I would like to know when we can expect the release of v9....

And....any significant changes we can expect or that can be shared by those with such wisdom?

There was a thread here that is getting quite long winded and off topic:

I am finding it difficult to find any solid info about the upcoming release in that thread.

We have seen in Oct/Nov/Dec a lot of buzz about the game and updates on the official website but the hype train seems to have jumped the track.

Love the game!

P.S. sorry in advance if I missed another thread out there....did a search in the search box for v9 related info and got a goose egg.

I would lean toward the release of the following in v9 (Early Q1):

British Faction - Units, vehicles & weapons

IED's & Landmines (AT)

A few new & updated sounds

I would guess to see the following in v10 (Q2):

New & updated animation system, including weapon handling

New inventory system (Kit customization & attachments) 

New "Eastern European Map"

Gorodok map expansion

*This is only based on opinion and previous monthly recaps, not an official statement of any sort.*

Edited by EnigmaticGoose

Last I heard it may be around late Feb/Early March. Just a rumor.

• Stryker
  • New Eastern Euro Map with Urban Buildings
  • Mines/IED's
  • Extended 4km Gorodok

My expectations. 

Edited by LMR Sahara

We are a couple weeks into revising a bunch of major systems that are scheduled to be ready for release around the end of april (Animation, weapons/inventory).  There are a good number of features that will also accompany those features when they get released.  (Fast ropes anyone??)

At the mid point around the end of february we have a scheduled a major content update which will be A9 (not a lot of features but tons of "things")

Barring no changes or delays this is our current plan.  (and its just a plan.. not a promise)

We will keep you guys updated as these new features get up to speed via our monthly updates. 

There you go. 

That's the plan as of now. Please try not to run rampant with speculation it can be very distracting to the developing team. I'd rather you guys just played and enjoyed and maybe take a break here and there as needed but be ready for some big changes. :)

Fast ropes, greats news indeed!
Together with the new animations + vault + bipod + land mines + new maps + british soldiers = HYPE!!!!!!!! :D

THanks @IrOnTaXi

Hope in future to see a Amazon Map (dense tropical forest) and the CIGS army <3 (I can dream, hehehehe)

My guess is,  in v9 , we will see a new map pack - third party- , british faction with american vehicles and stryker..but end of february is a very late target for this content according to me. 

Edited by Togisan

7 minutes ago, Togisan said:

but end of february is a very late target for this content according to me. 

Well when it's your game that you're putting out, you can set all the unrealistic time-schedules that you want ;)

End of february is consistent with the rate of updates up until now. 

59 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Well when it's your game that you're putting out, you can set all the unrealistic time-schedules that you want ;)

End of february is consistent with the rate of updates up until now. 

Firts of all thanks for your opinion but end of january, for some more additions - not features- would be good target..sorry but for content updates that they have been working on them at least 3 months, end of february is late schedule for me..

I cant agree with you also in general.. they are at back of their schedules. 7 months before, they (irontaxi) have said , squad beta will release 12_14 months..so we should expect a beta release at mid of this year (all content  close to pr - helis and mechanics , more factions at least one more european , and game mechanics- check their kick starter promises for them)..

Last word is game development is not my profession but Im a good follower of this game at least..

:-)

Edited by Togisan