Well know that AMD can be a dirty word with Squad at times but. Any clues if Squad will have issues with Zen Ryzen or will be a kick arse processor for it.  Just planning for new system :)

I wouldnt bet on it.. what i am seeing so far is they might be comparatives to i5's 

24 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

I wouldnt bet on it.. what i am seeing so far is they might be comparatives to i5's 

Lol in that case does this spell the end for amd cpus? 

can't be that bad. But how does Squad run that's the question. 

yes agree with smee, the cpu arthitecture is different, you can wait but don't expect a huge drop on price tag of amd cpus with regards to intel's

On 1/13/2017 at 2:10 AM, IrOnTaXi said:

Are you really basing these expectations from an engineering sample review of an 8c 16t Ryzen? Just lol.

I'm looking forward to what it can do, no competition is killing the CPU market, Intel is making shit after shit and charging way too much for it.

41 minutes ago, banOkay said:

I'm looking forward to what it can do, no competition is killing the CPU market, Intel is making shit after shit and charging way too much for it.

Let´s hope so. You are kinda right, from the 4790k to the 7700k there is not much difference in raw gaming/cpu heavy performance. And the 4790k came out june 2014.

(With I5´s beeing almost the same aswell)

Like i said before, (RX 4 GPU thread) we need a healthy competition from AMD & hopefully others,just to keep Intel on their toes,if not,we going to pay dearly in the near future.

2 hours ago, banOkay said:

Are you really basing these expectations from an engineering sample review of an 8c 16t Ryzen? Just lol.

I wouldn't say it's shit, but yes, very little improvements from gen to gen and WAY overpriced. AMD needs to step up and compete!

2 minutes ago, chaz69 said:

It's not looking good for Ryzen in terms of Squad atm.

How so?

How so?

How is that even possible when they just opened pre orders yesterday?

Let's wait a few days....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

i was hoping for amd to step up and knock the leather off the ball.  reports are stating it does leaps and bounds on overall multi-tasking but nothing about leaps and bounds on single thread. maybe/hopeful that the next major update from ue4 will correct/balance load of cpu to gpu for greatest effect for performance.

It's unfortunate AAA game company's constantly push for the newest graphics engine to be prettier and more reliant on heavier hardware.  Versus how it used to be, when a game was produced around every 2-5 years.  Back then you didn't have to worry about your hardware being useless after 2 years.

Edited by chaz69

4 minutes ago, chaz69 said:

i was hoping for amd to step up and knock the leather off the ball.  reports are stating it does leaps and bounds on overall multi-tasking but nothing about leaps and bounds on single thread. maybe/hopeful that the next major update from ue4 will correct/balance load of cpu to gpu for greatest effect for performance.

Huh? Where are you getting your information? I'm an Intel fan, but multiple threads (here is one for example: http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-1700x-benchmarks-leaked-beats-kaby-lake-ipc/) are showing an increase in Single-Threaded and IPC performance over Kaby Lake. 

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

So far all I've heard seems to be speculation. Does anyone own a ryzen CPU yet or are we just guessing?

2 minutes ago, Soulzz said:

So far all I've heard seems to be speculation. Does anyone own a ryzen CPU yet or are we just guessing?

All speculation, still really waiting on 3rd party benchmarks.

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

1 minute ago, chaz69 said:

Same as Intel's 1k offering in single threaded and better at multi threaded stuff with lower power consumption for half the price. Couldn't really ask for more, it's an 8c16t CPU.

1 minute ago, Soulzz said:

March 2nd is when we'll actually know. AMD's official numbers, speculation and leaks mixed with clickbait sites is what we have now.

Pretty much. March 2nd will be the tell tale news.

i hope so,allt this hype happened before. (phenom and bulldozer), let us not forget.

until something comes out and destroys the 4790k, i'm gonna hold.

Edited by chaz69

Hopefully someone from the community picks one of these chips up and can give us some solid numbers on how it performs under the harshest benchmark of all.... Squad. :)

This is probably AMD's biggest launch in just over a decade. I hope it's good because Intel needs to be put in check :)

Finally amd step up on single thread performance.

At the end, most games rely on single core until dx12 be fully implemented and optimized.

I hope ue4 become much better multi threading  bcuz it's the future on gaming as I see.

Single thread performance is very important for Squad and the official Cinebench scores from AMD have me holding out until reviews and benchmarks come around March 2nd.

AMD-Ryzen-7_7-840x244.png

• $499 R7 1800X 162 single threaded score in Cinebench R15
  • $349 i7 7700k 194 stock single threaded score in Cinebench R15 (which can push to 215+ with a decent OC)

Frequencies aren't the same though and we won't truly know how good the Ryzen CPU's are until March 2nd. I'm looking to upgrade my CPU and would probably purchase the cheaper R7 1700X. I've only ever supported AMD in the past (AMD Athlon X2, FX-4100, and currently own a FX-8350) and have felt burned to a point of almost jumping ship to intel. I hope somebody who picks up a Ryzen chip will share their performance with the rest of the Squad community.

It's great news on the price, keeping fingers crossed on performance.