=MM= Bandaid

EAC Launch error "untrusted system file"

29 posts in this topic

Hey fellow Squaddies, ive played squad without any major issues for the last 3 months and today it crashes on launch with an popup saying "EAC Integrity Violation: Untrusted system file (C:/windows/system32/xaudio2_7.dll)

I have done the following: 

• Deleted squad cache in Applocal + verified via steam
  • Deleted squad binaries and verfied
  • Deleted EAC folder and verified
  • Reinstalled Squad x2
  • Run win10 defender and malwarebyte x3 with nothing found.
  • Removing xaudio2_7.dll gives me no problem with startup but squad crashes on server connection.
  • Checked for win10 updates, installed a couple of office/word/powerpoint files, did nothing.

None of these fixes are working for me. 

Not sure what more i can do. Grateful for any advice this forum may have. 

(Solved) for me atleast, Was the antivirus blocking it :) 

Had same kind of issue, just reinstalled windows, i get (EAC integrity violation: untrusted system file (C:Windown/System32/wldap32.dll) followed by 10 more(C:Windown/System32/errors.dll), when i tryed to start squad.

Edited by [RIP] AEJarl

46 minutes ago, knubbe said:

Hi,

I replied also in the Reddit thread. Could you add me in Steam Friends (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999579793) and let's check it closer, and fix of course asap. Thanks! :)

Hey added you! 

19 minutes ago, [RIP] AEJarl said:

(Solved) for me atleast, Was the antivirus blocking it :) 

Had same kind of issue, just reinstalled windows, i get (EAC integrity violation: untrusted system file (C:Windown/System32/wldap32.dll) followed by 10 more(C:Windown/System32/errors.dll), when i tryed to start squad.

Which antivirus were you running?  So the issue is gone after reinstalling windows? Thanks! 

I'm now having a similar problem with the xaudio system file. I'm definitely not reinstalling windows or some overkill crap but I want to play squad tonight. Was there some EAC update that screwed things up? I'm not crashing but I just join a game and it kicks me.

Anyone? I tried adding knubbie on steam but he's offline. I need to figure out exactly why this is happening and an actual solution.

Sorry for the late reply guys. Thanks for adding me!

In the meanwhile, this should help to fix the issue: Run in command-line as Admin: 'sfc /scannow'. The command will check through all Windows' files and recover infected/corrupted files with the original file versions.

2 hours ago, knubbe said:

Sorry for the late reply guys. Thanks for adding me!

In the meanwhile, this should help to fix the issue: Run in command-line as Admin: 'sfc /scannow'. The command will check through all Windows' files and recover infected/corrupted files with the original file versions.

I ran the command promt with admin mode and found 0 integrity problems on my win10 pc, so unfortunately it didn't help, still getting startup crash with EAC integrity violation. 

1 hour ago, =MM= Bandaid said:

I ran the command promt with admin mode and found 0 integrity problems on my win10 pc, so unfortunately it didn't help, still getting startup crash with EAC integrity violation. 

I tried the same thing and it also didn't fix the problem. Bandaid, do you have any non-standard audio related stuff on your computer? I thought there would be more people having this problem but now I think it's only a few people and it must be related to something that EAC didn't test for. I use a sound blaster z sound card and surround sound so I'm afraid that that might have something to do with it. If you use an external sound card as well, that might be where the problem lies.

Similar problem as OP.  After launching the game, I get an EAC Integrity Violation Error pointing to 'an untrusted system file' xaudio2_7.dll.  Clicking OK on that error has Squad come up properly, show the menu, etc.  I can select and connect to a server.  However, a few seconds after connecting, the server closes connection.

Squad ran fine forever till today.  No updates to Squad or Windows since I played last.  

I ran the Steam integrity check and rebooted my Win7 PC with no improvement.

Not to keep beating a dead horse. Same issues as OP, however my file is a explorerframe.dll that is coming up as "untrusted file system". Again everything has work fine up til yesterday.

Edited by echo5romeo

7 hours ago, ZachTheGunner said:

I tried the same thing and it also didn't fix the problem. Bandaid, do you have any non-standard audio related stuff on your computer? I thought there would be more people having this problem but now I think it's only a few people and it must be related to something that EAC didn't test for. I use a sound blaster z sound card and surround sound so I'm afraid that that might have something to do with it. If you use an external sound card as well, that might be where the problem lies.

I do actually have my sound going throuch an dragonfly v1.2 dac which sits in the usb port, i will try and remove all and any accessories today and see if that helps. 

Is anyone else with this problem using a sound card or DAC instead on onboard?

5 hours ago, ZachTheGunner said:

Is anyone else with this problem using a sound card or DAC instead on onboard?

Just tried it with all my peripherals unplugged and i reinstalled EAC and Squad, still crashing on startup. 

I doubt this has anything to do with audio drivers.  EAC is failing, likely due to an update on their server's end.  I think that  because nothing changed locally for me (no Squad update, no Windows update, no change to audio drivers).  

I tried following the instructions from the EAC website (update windows), and I tried reinstalling Squad, but the same error persists.  I also tried disabling my anti-virus.

Edit: I found https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/221442887-Easy-Anti-Cheat-Errors but that did not help either.  It asks for

Re-install / Repair the EAC install.

Delete your Squad Appdata folder

Neither fixed it for me....

I'm going to miss playing Squad...

Edited by BleedingKnee

Been having the same issue.

Error:

9c2902abce.png

Tried the following solutions

• Verified Integrity of game cache
  • Deleted local content and re-installed
  • ran regsvr32 /i file_name.dll, regsvr32 /u file_name.dll,  during error runtime
  • went to $/steamapps/common/squad/easyanticheat and updated using EasyAntiCheat installer
  • Re-installed $/steamapps/common/squad/squad_launcher.exe -> properties -> digital signature -> view certificate -> install certificate
  • downloaded replacement DXGIDebug.dll and placed in $/Windows/Syswow64/
  • Updated DirectX End User Runtime

If you have any other solutions I'd love to hear, this has been a game breaker for me, cannot even connect to a game for more than 15 seconds.

I fixed my problem.  My problem was that after launching the game, I got an EAC Integrity Violation Error pointing to 'an untrusted system file' xaudio2_7.dll

Fixed it by replacing the xaudio2_7.dll file on my system.  I downloaded xaudio2_7.dll from originaldll.com.

25 minutes ago, BleedingKnee said:

I fixed my problem.  My problem was that after launching the game, I got an EAC Integrity Violation Error pointing to 'an untrusted system file' xaudio2_7.dll

Fixed it by replacing the xaudio2_7.dll file on my system.  I downloaded xaudio2_7.dll from originaldll.com.

Did it work for you? I tried it and it still kicked me out...

I am getting an error suddenly from EAC for explorerframe.dll.

I have UxThemePatcher for Windows themes (which anyone who wants to use a custom theme has to use).  Also UxStyle, but that does not modify any system files.  Other than that, I have not modified explorerframe.dll directly, and I don't even know if it patches explorerframe.dll itself.

And all explorerframe.dll is is some icons and textures for window frames...

I am also having this EAC Integrity Violation issue. My error says "EAC Integrity Violation. Untrusted system file (C:\windows\system32\schannel.dll."

I was able to play squad since november with no issues, but now I receive this error after I load my game and am at the home screen. 

On one occasion, the messaged popped up, but it didnt crash my game like usual. I was able to browse servers. After i joined a server I could get to the squad selection screen, but I was almost immediately disconnected from the server. this happened 3 times. 

Having same issue as OP, except I get immediately kicked out of any server when I join. 

On 1/14/2017 at 7:01 PM, yurisuika said:

I am getting an error suddenly from EAC for explorerframe.dll.

I have UxThemePatcher for Windows themes (which anyone who wants to use a custom theme has to use).  Also UxStyle, but that does not modify any system files.  Other than that, I have not modified explorerframe.dll directly, and I don't even know if it patches explorerframe.dll itself.

And all explorerframe.dll is is some icons and textures for window frames...

To follow up on this, it seems that UxThemePatcher DOES NOT modify explorerframe.dll...  If I didn't clarify before, nothing had changed in my setup between the last time Squad worked and when I started getting the error.

I am trying to remove my theme setup to see if it is the cause of the error.  So far, it does not seem as such.  Still need to figure out why EAC is having issues.

244101da56ec4233ad048f086724a146.png