-=PGP=-FresH

Request Auto Walk/Sprint In Controls

Eventually some people will afk to come back and realize the died. Not to mention before the vehicles we did way more walking (up to straight 30minute of walking!)

Walking also have the advantage of keeping your awareness up for RP and FOB

36 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Want a button to play the game for you too?

Yes please! Then I can play Squad and develop Squad at the same time.

I really want autorun too. A ton of other games will autorun if you open chat while running. Very useful to take a drink of water or go AFK for 20 seconds to get something.

7 hours ago, Norby said:

Yes please! Then I can play Squad and develop Squad at the same time.

xD

7 hours ago, ZachTheGunner said:

I really want autorun too. A ton of other games will autorun if you open chat while running. Very useful to take a drink of water or go AFK for 20 seconds to get something.

Q: How many hands do you need to hold two keys and drink water? 
A: >2 (apparently)

1 minute ago, sgtcaboose said:

Q: How many hands do you need to hold two keys and drink water? 
A: >2 (apparently)

I drink flavored bottled water and water out of a canteen. Both need to be opened to take a drink from. And sometimes I wanna eat while playing which sometimes requires me to get up for 10 seconds or use both hands depending on the food.

3 minutes ago, ZachTheGunner said:

I drink flavored bottled water and water out of a canteen. Both need to be opened to take a drink from. And sometimes I wanna eat while playing which sometimes requires me to get up for 10 seconds or use both hands depending on the food.

lol dude I hope you are kidding...

If not, why not just wait until you die, then instead of respawning you can do whatever bizarre things you need to do mid-game? 

9 minutes ago, sgtcaboose said:

If not, why not just wait until you die, then instead of respawning you can do whatever bizarre things you need to do mid-game? 

I usually do stuff while I'm down anyway. I just like the convenience of being able to take my hands off my keyboard more frequently.

I somehow doubt this will be coming down the pipeline... 

You can just use this scripting language:

http://ahkscript.org/

Make it so if you double tap W in quick succession, it'll keep holding down W for you until you next tap a key.

^^^ An example of how useful learning basic scripting can be.

Edited by Psyrus

In all seriousness, I've been hoping for an auto walk to be added ever since I got this game. The game focuses on long distance walking and holding the "W" button is sometimes (admit it) exhausting, especially me with a minor carpal tunnel syndrome.

So yes, I absolutely agree with you that auto walk should be in the game. Adding it is not that big of a deal, and it's not that game breaking either. Chill guys, you act like the OP is referring to an auto aim feature however it's just an "auto walk". ¬¬

Edited by Garensterz

9 hours ago, ZachTheGunner said:

I drink flavored bottled water and water out of a canteen. Both need to be opened to take a drink from.

You can open those with one hand...opposable thumbs remember?

Edited by Peerun

Get a decent keyboard. I have a button on mine where I can hold any button I want by just hold the "extra button" and hit "w" for example. But in the game code it's a bit tricky(or may be impossible) to implement I think.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Jaghammer said:

Get a decent keyboard. I have a button on mine where I can hold any button I want by just hold the "extra button" and hit "w" for example. But in the game code it's a bit tricky(or may be impossible) to implement I think.

Yes, probably as impossible as being able to set ADS or crouch on toggle. Oh man I wish we had that.

Yes, probably as impossible as being able to set ADS or crouch on toggle. Oh man I wish we had that.

Okay if you want it like this things it's should be an easy task.
I was thinking about a extra button for autowalk. But keep in mind u need everytime a double hit on w(and probably a/s/d to, I'm not a programmer no knowledge about movement-mechanics-code ) even if you just wanna do a step.

29 minutes ago, Jaghammer said:

Okay if you want it like this things it's should be an easy task.
I was thinking about a extra button for autowalk. But keep in mind u need everytime a double hit on w(and probably a/s/d to, I'm not a programmer no knowledge about movement-mechanics-code ) even if you just wanna do a step.

This is how it works. Basically anyway.
If you want to have an extra key that does auto-walk, then you simply tell the game that "IF I hit this key then I want you to read it as if I was holding down W/or simply walking forward, in case of the game, AND if I hit it again I want to turn that constant input off"

You can do this with a program like AutoHotkey, if you really really want an auto-walk key, it should be really easy.

Edited by Peerun

You can do this with a program like AutoHotkey, if you really really want an auto-walk key, it should be really easy.

This should be interesting for OP.
I'm not the one who's asking for it ;-)

First google search result

#InstallKeybdHook
#InstallMouseHook

global AnyKey			;Declaring variable AnyKey as global variable. Variables in functions are local to that function.

AutoWalk()
{
	AnyKey:=A_ThisHotkey					;Placing last pressed hotkey in variable AnyKey.
	AnyKey:=StrReplace(AnyKey, "~")			;Remove the tilde character from variable Anykey, for none blocked hotkeys.
	If(AnyKey = "w")						;Check to see if the hotkey is also the w key.
	{
		KeyWait, w, T0.5			;Waiting half a second for w to be physically released.
		If(errorlevel = 1)			;When w is still down after 500ms errorlevel is set to 1. You're probably walking manually.
		{
			KeyWait, w			;Waiting for w key to be released.
			exit				;W is physically released, so we can exit here since movement is stopped.
		}
	}	
	keywait, %AnyKey%							;Waiting for the hotkey to be released.
	If not W_VirtState:=GetKeyState("w")		;When the virtual status of the w key is not down, when W_VirtState is 0. Do whatever comes below.
	{
		SendInput, {w down}						;Virtually pressing w down. Virtual (logical state) is whatever your O.S. thinks the key status is in. Physical is the actual state on you're keyboard.
		keywait, %AnyKey%
		Loop
		{	;When you're hotkey, Lbutton or w key is physically pressed down, variable KeyState will be set to 1. The body of the "if" statement will then execute.
			If(KeyState:=GetKeyState(AnyKey, "P") || KeyState:=GetKeyState("Lbutton", "P") || KeyState:=GetKeyState("w", "P"))
			{
				keywait, %AnyKey%			;Waiting for your hotkey to be released.
				SendInput, {w up}			;Virtually sending w up. Stop moving.
				break						;Breaking free from the loop.
			}
			sleep, 100			;Sleeping 1/10th of a second each time the loop is iterated. Prevents the function from using too many CPU cycles.
		}						;You can increase the sleep period, but the function will be less responsive.
	}
}
Return

Anywhere where there's %AnyKey% you replace it with the key you want to have auto-walk on. e.g. Alt or Control etc
Obviously you need to install AutoHotkey to run the script, not to mention you need to make this a script.
To make it a script, paste it in a .txt file, save it and then change the file name from "whateverthefilenameis.txt" to "whateverthefilenameis.ahk" then you click on that(once you've installed AutoHotkey and voila.

9 hours ago, Peerun said:

You can open those with one hand...opposable thumbs remember?

I almost wanna make an infomercial style video now to show and exaggerate my problem. Screw it, maybe I'll make a full advertisement as to why we need an autorun button.

1. Use your kid to hold button for you.

2. Use a piece of bubblegum.

3. Purposely spill coke on the button you want to have be sticky.

4. Use your Jedi mind powers.

5. Tell your Android assistant to take over.

6. Use your toes and feet by setting up a new kind of keyboard for the floor.

:-)