fahdgames23

can i play squad and not get bullied if i under 18 years old?

26 posts in this topic

That seems people are hates kids when play games especially when they rage, i'm 14 years. I want to interact to other people in Squad but i don't want get any trouble because of my age, i'm not yet play Squad but i want to buy Squad ASAP, I know young adult and other 18+ are playing this game. Will i get bullied? or kicked? 

Hey @fahdgames23 Realistically, your age shouldn't come into play in any way. If you want to be accepted and play the game, do like everyone else does and communicate. If you have good communication skills, play the objectives, and listen to those around you that have been playing a while, you will do great. Learn the different roles, and at least get into the game a bit before trying to jump into a SL position. You have to learn to walk before you can run. 

However, please be advised, there are people out there that troll people just because.... This is the internet. Don't let that discourage you. Just keep playing and ignore people like that. Be polite and respectful to those around you, and let people know you are new. 95% of the community will gladly pick up the mantle and help show you around the game and show you the ropes for different things you are unsure of. Always better to speak up and say I don't know that say nothing at all. Welcome to Squad! Enjoy!

the problem is a lot of squeakers just chat on and on about rubbish

I would say find an established server or 3 with a healthy community, and play that server regulary, get to know the regulars and you will be fine. 

I would also say that to an older person, as that's how you get team work and communications going well.

Or you could also find a clan that takes your age and join up. (ZXD whom I play with only accept applications from 16+).

Whilst in general the public Squad community in my experience is MUCH better than any other public gaming community I have been around, it's still the public and it's the internet so the usual warnings need to be remembered.

Go through the forums and look for server available for your location. Contact the server host to see if they're interested in teaching you. If they are willing to host a server for the game then they should have enough passion to teach you the basics as well.

I'm 32 and when I get grouped with a squeaker I don't mind if he is playing the game. If he is yelling on voice comms or screaming like an idiot any time they are being shot at for attention then I usually avoid them in game or move to another Squad. So pretty much it comes down to your maturity level. If you are mature and just play the game then people will accept you, if you engage in attention-seeking behaviors then people will avoid you.

18 hours ago, LifeIsLikeABoxOfChoc said:

Go through the forums and look for server available for your location. Contact the server host to see if they're interested in teaching you. If they are willing to host a server for the game then they should have enough passion to teach you the basics as well.

is there a people that still has a patience to teach kids?

fahdgames23 said:

is there a people that still has a patience to teach kids?

I hate to say this, but it's me. Everyone deserve a learning chance, view them as what they represent for and not what they appear to be on the surface. 

I was playing in this (presumably) US Squad, saw that nobody was really Squad leading properly and decided to take on the job. Asked a kid who was bombarding questions "are you new to Squad?", he replied "well I've played Arma 3 before". A dude beside me started to laugh with is proximity channel, 2nd dude went "**** you" on the Squad channel. I said "come on guys... Let's not be negative towards each other... We're all just here to have fun." 2nd dude apologise and the kid forgive him. 

If you have the courage to lead the community into a better environment, they'll reciprocate by following your example. 

Edited by LifeIsLikeABoxOfChoc
Screw it, can't solve this editing shit T. T

15 hours ago, LifeIsLikeABoxOfChoc said:

I hate to say this, but it's me. Everyone deserve a learning chance, view them as what they represent for and not what they appear to be on the surface. 

I was playing in this (presumably) US Squad, saw that nobody was really Squad leading properly and decided to take on the job. Asked a kid who was bombarding questions "are you new to Squad?", he replied "well I've played Arma 3 before". A dude beside me started to laugh with is proximity channel, 2nd dude went "**** you" on the Squad channel. I said "come on guys... Let's not be negative towards each other... We're all just here to have fun." 2nd dude apologise and the kid forgive him. 

If you have the courage to lead the community into a better environment, they'll reciprocate by following your example. 

thank you for giving me this example, that makes me want to play Squad ASAP without disrespected by other players. I know i must defend myself in a server if there was a some kind of a guy who discriminates me.

On 1/12/2017 at 4:47 AM, Thr34t said:

if you engage in attention-seeking behaviors then people will avoid you.

creating this thread and not using search is attention-seeking behavior already.

everyone i know will never let them in squad

1 hour ago, lisasu said:

creating this thread and not using search is attention-seeking behavior already.

everyone i know will never let them in squad

hahahahahahahahahahaha, you are very funny

2 hours ago, fahdgames23 said:

hahahahahahahahahahaha, you are very funny

what's funny in the truth told?  you already know what are you facing against, you know it will happen, this is the internet

and instead of creating another pointless thread "look at me i'm young" you need to deal with it as a mature person like you love to pretend you are

but the fact is you are not, maybe you can mimic it for some time period but there are always circumstances when kids show their true face and the hate is based off that

Edited by lisasu

Some players dislike it, others are fine with it. Some might laugh at you, but hey, it is kinda funny to have a kid among a bunch of adults pretending to be fighting a war, so I'd just say go with it. If you get kicked from a squad, dont teamkill, and just join a different one. And when you find friends that you can get along with, add them on steam and play with them regularly. You should be good that way. :)

I personally do not care about your age along as you PTFO and have a microphone. Act serious and I'll like you,

As long as you dont yammer on about random stuff and stick to the game tasks and talking about the objectives, there will be no issue with players. Regardless of that, we have rules of no bullying and such so server admins should be banning people that are creating an un fun playing environment. Nordic is 12 and he plays all the time and I'm not aware of anyone bullying him.

On 1/11/2017 at 10:02 AM, happy said:

the problem is a lot of squeakers just chat on and on about rubbish

True but I've found plenty of "adults" that yammer all game long making it hard to hear anything. Yammer on in local if you must. I'll just leave the squad or server if necessary. 

10 hours ago, CC-Marley said:

True but I've found plenty of "adults" that yammer all game long making it hard to hear anything. Yammer on in local if you must. I'll just leave the squad or server if necessary. 

Or yammer all you want when it's all quiet. Once it get serious, seriously the Squad leader has more important things to listen at than shitty, stupid shouting.

18 hours ago, lisasu said:

what's funny in the truth told?  you already know what are you facing against, you know it will happen, this is the internet

and instead of creating another pointless thread "look at me i'm young" you need to deal with it as a mature person like you love to pretend you are

but the fact is you are not, maybe you can mimic it for some time period but there are always circumstances when kids show their true face and the hate is based off that

You didn't have to be so rough with your handling of the situation. If 9 years of DotA taught me anything, it's definite the fat that 5 secs of tolerance can easily turn into 5 minutes of fun and laughter. There are scenarios where your anger and rage might seem justified, but looking back at it after the game ended you'll always be wondering "hmm... Did i really made the right choice kicking him?"

Do your best to judge every situation without bias based on what they were representing, and not who they were represented by.

On 1/13/2017 at 3:47 AM, lisasu said:

it's funny because you i make attention seeking for making this topic

I personally don't play with children. Never works out and is always more irritating then fun. 

On 1/15/2017 at 6:20 AM, Fritz45 said:

I personally don't play with children. Never works out and is always more irritating then fun. 

yes i see, children are the most iritating player in the tactical shooter history

Like the others said, you're bound to bump into a nobhead or two along the way but overall the community is very accepting if you're willing to learn and have the attitude and patience for the game. With the last few sales there's probably more underages around than ever so you won't be as much of a rarity as maybe 3-4 months ago.

You'll be fine as long as you focus on the game and keep all nonsense sidechat to a minimum (at least until you learn when's a good chance to talk and have giggles, because that's also a possibility).
It's good to be excited, I think most people are when they play but it makes a world of difference if you're commentating your every move like "I GOT A KILL.. MOVING... RELOADING.. IM DOWN MEDIIIIC MEDIIIC" to being like "1 down... I'm down, one enemy East of Squad Leader 100m on a hilltop". 

The first example will get you kicked. Regardless of one's age but that's something that comes quite often from a inexperienced younger players mouth. Which is understandable, but distracting and annoying from everyone else's pov. 

Its not about age, but personality and maturity. If you behave normally and play along with the others it should be fine. Ofcourse there are dicks in every community but they're often a minority.

On 1/12/2017 at 2:47 AM, Thr34t said:

pretty much it comes down to your maturity level. If you are mature and just play the game then people will accept you, if you engage in attention-seeking behaviors then people will avoid you.

Spot on. I have 0 problems with anyone hopping into my squad. If you're new, grab a rifleman kit and I'll show you the ropes or I'll get someone to give you a hand, be disruptive, and I'll show you the door. 

Just let the SL know you're new and be a sponge after that, listen and soak up everything except blasts and incoming rounds. ;) 

Just had a ~9 year old in my squad a few days ago. First time playing the game and seemed to be one of his first FPSes too. I think we did a decent job teaching him the ropes, it was mostly acclimating him to when/how to use the radio properly and answering questions about spawning and stuff.

He was still blurting out stuff, interrupting chatter with unimportant info occasionally, and was clearly very innocently immature (not screaming swears or whatever else) but he seemed to get a handle on his comms better as the game went on.