Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Beans

Can downed incapacitated players be damaged?

Recommended Posts

Beans   

If an enemy is shot and goes down into their incapacitated bleeding state can you fire on their 'body' to prevent a medic from reviving them?

 

If so is there a guideline for how much damage a downed player can take before becoming totally dead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smee   

Don't take any in incapacitated state. Once revived any hit and you and instant death. (Lasts 1 min)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beans   
1 hour ago, sgtcaboose said:

What are the 'gameplay reasons?' 

I imagine the gameplay reason is that almost no one would be available for medics to get back up. Everyone would shoot bodies all the time and the medic system would be basically pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sgtcaboose said:

What are the 'gameplay reasons?' 

The devs were involved in a discussion just like this last year during Pre-Alpha, not only is it unrealistic since it's against the Geneva Conventions, it would nearly negate the entire purpose of a medic. People who get downed would instantly get shot again, people who haven't been shot yet would assume that they were going to be shot and give up... ect, ect.

Edited by Catindabox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sgtcaboose said:

What are the 'gameplay reasons?' 

 

Negates the role of medics and incredibly disruptive of team play. Respawns are already utilized way too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dtodt13   
21 hours ago, Catindabox said:

 it's against the Geneva Conventions

Not what ive been trained :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Beans said:

I imagine the gameplay reason is that almost no one would be available for medics to get back up. Everyone would shoot bodies all the time and the medic system would be basically pointless.

 

21 hours ago, Catindabox said:

The devs were involved in a discussion just like this last year during Pre-Alpha, not only is it unrealistic since it's against the Geneva Conventions, it would nearly negate the entire purpose of a medic. People who get downed would instantly get shot again, people who haven't been shot yet would assume that they were going to be shot and give up... ect, ect.

 

9 hours ago, Tennessee said:

 

Negates the role of medics and incredibly disruptive of team play. Respawns are already utilized way too much. 

 

This is fair, it wouldn't be as fun without medics that's for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×