Peerun

Focus/Zoom

Focus/Zoom  

52 members have voted

  1. 1. Should?

    • All weapons should get zoom, while focusing
      11
    • No weapons should get zoom.
      12
    • Leave it as it is - only ironsights.
      29

42 posts in this topic
10 minutes ago, Peerun said:


The reference is there for distance, ie size of target - NOT color, and is a reply to 

 


 

Ok I get that. What Im saying is that your reply is not relevant in relation to actual gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shawn7186 said:

Ok I get that. What Im saying is that your reply is not relevant in relation to actual gameplay.

Why not? 
It corrects the notion that you can't see people past a certain distance, which is not true and that has several gameplay implications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peerun said:

Why not? 
It corrects the notion that you can't see people past a certain distance, which is not true and that has several gameplay implications.

couldn't agree more. If you can't see people at 100m has nothing to do with resolution. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found with no antialiasing, enemies feel plenty visible over large distances. If anything is a factor, it's just proper camouflage.

 

It's even better with 200% res scale, but I get a microstutter of sorts; even with 55+fps, it plays like 30fps, especially noticeable when turning. Must be a frametime thing. Anyway, offtopic.

Edited by Mumble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Peerun said:

Why not? 
It corrects the notion that you can't see people past a certain distance, which is not true and that has several gameplay implications.

 

3 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

couldn't agree more. If you can't see people at 100m has nothing to do with resolution. 

 

 

Did you guys even read what the guy wrote or are you just trolling. Of course when he said pixel he meant people at 100m are hard to distinguish from anything near them ie. grass, trees, rocks. And back to you Company XO  DUE TO THE HORRIBLE IN GAME AA WHITE TARGETS ARE NOT A VALID REPRESENTATION OF INFANTRY UNITS IN ACTUAL GAMEPLAY PERIOD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 10, 2017 at 6:58 AM, Romby said:

Removing the focus zoom would totally **** over everyone without scope on all maps except Sumari. There is a reason why pretty much noone used emplacements before they got zoom.

 

If they remove zoom people with scopes, vehicle zoom and so on will be way to overpowered. Iron sight/red dots will be no fun.

This all depends on if they keep the current system in which only a few people in he squad can have scopes, I'm basing my thoughts on the hope that the kit system in this game will more closely resemble project realitys system in the future 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Peerun said:

 


Gonna go even more offtopic, but are you guys by any chance using any other Anti-aliasing method than SMAA? Because I can easily see and engage people at 100m. Even 300m. 400m is not so reliable with iron sights, but achievable even on moving targets.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you probably don't judge the in-game distance well, so what for you is 100m, may be for me 200. I don't know.
Just for reference, 100m mark.
AtQcoQk.jpg
Definitely more than a pixel - not to mention the zoom you get after focusing.

 

You are precisely right on both counts mate. 

 

First, I was using AA and after playing around in the firing range I now see what you mean. Having that off has improved it immensely. 

 

And second, you are right about me guessing in-game distances incorrectly, I was talking about a 200-300m engagement in hind-sight. 

Edited by sgtcaboose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shawn7186 said:

 

Did you guys even read what the guy wrote or are you just trolling. Of course when he said pixel he meant people at 100m are hard to distinguish from anything near them ie. grass, trees, rocks. And back to you Company XO  DUE TO THE HORRIBLE IN GAME AA WHITE TARGETS ARE NOT A VALID REPRESENTATION OF INFANTRY UNITS IN ACTUAL GAMEPLAY PERIOD. 


Sorry, but I think you haven't done the reading. The question was a technical one - can you see people past a certain distance or do they become invisible, because of technical limitations - such as them being less than a pixel wide and thus not possible to render on a screen that uses pixels.
 

7 hours ago, sgtcaboose said:

 

You are precisely right on both counts mate. 

 

First, I was using AA and after playing around in the firing range I now see what you mean. Having that off has improved it immensely. 

 

And second, you are right about me guessing in-game distances incorrectly, I was talking about a 200-300m engagement in hind-sight. 


I almost forgot to say. If you can spare the power you should definitely turn Anisothropic filtering to 16x in your graphic's card control panel.
(I have nvidia, so I am not sure if amd has these options, but it's unlikely that it doesnt)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2017 at 2:44 PM, shawn7186 said:
On 10/01/2017 at 2:06 PM, Wiffel said:

"zoom"/"Focus" like ARMA would be nice... hold one button for focus (unlimited) and another one for hold breath.. (short time)

Thankyou!

Please!!!

 

Btw if you want that, make some "noise" in this post about that ;D : 

 

Edited by Lio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2017 at 11:45 AM, Peerun said:

AtQcoQk.jpg

 

I think this picture sums the problem up quite nicely. I know it's perfect conditions but just look at "100M" sign, you can see how jiggly it looks because it's strating to blend in with the background. Then look at the "200M" sign where the right side of "M" already blended in... Add to that camo and forest background and you might understand why spotting becomes a horrible task in this game.

Edited by banOkay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Engagedrook8 said:

This all depends on if they keep the current system in which only a few people in he squad can have scopes, I'm basing my thoughts on the hope that the kit system in this game will more closely resemble project realitys system in the future 

Yeah the PR system will be great. In PR everyone from US/Russia had scopes and for Ins/Mil noone. So removing focus would totally ruin game for ins/mil on current maps (big and open).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it how it is right now, like you're welding your cheek to the stock and your character is squinting for more detail, maybe the zoom could be a bit less pronounced once AA is fixed but tbh I don't want this game to become even more of an unbalanced mess. Right now US stomps every other faction (except for maybe RU) because of sheer scope domination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, banOkay said:

 

I think this picture sums the problem up quite nicely. I know it's perfect conditions but just look at "100M" sign, you can see how jiggly it looks because it's strating to blend in with the background. Then look at the "200M" sign where the right side of "M" already blended in... Add to that camo and forest background and you might understand why spotting becomes a horrible task in this game.

 

I can confirm at 2K without AA I can very clearly make out the 300m sign so it might be  a matter of trying to adjust your settings a bit? It definitely doesn't look this bad on mine. 

Edited by sgtcaboose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Romby said:

Yeah the PR system will be great. In PR everyone from US/Russia had scopes and for Ins/Mil noone. So removing focus would totally ruin game for ins/mil on current maps (big and open).

Yeah but you could also add versions of conventional forces( like us and Russia) with less scopes for balance, like Grozny from pr. Also it would be nice to see insurgent factions put on an insurgency game mode for most but nat all of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-01-11 at 0:21 AM, Catindabox said:

Yes, the anti-aliasing is broken as ****. Don't use it. If you're able to, just turn it off and put super sampling to 1.25x +. I have mine at 1.5x and it works as a pretty good substitute for the blurry anti-aliasing except that it has some performance impact.

I'd suggest using the AA your GFX card has for options, see how it works for you (ie Nvidia forced AA)

 

On 2017-01-12 at 6:20 AM, banOkay said:

 

I think this picture sums the problem up quite nicely. I know it's perfect conditions but just look at "100M" sign, you can see how jiggly it looks because it's strating to blend in with the background. Then look at the "200M" sign where the right side of "M" already blended in... Add to that camo and forest background and you might understand why spotting becomes a horrible task in this game.

I play at 1600x900 and it seems the lower the resolution the more this problem is compounded, everything past approx. 50m is very jagged.

 

21 hours ago, sgtcaboose said:

 

I can confirm at 2K without AA I can very clearly make out the 300m sign so it might be  a matter of trying to adjust your settings a bit? It definitely doesn't look this bad on mine. 

Your playing at a resolution I'm pretty sure most don't and it might help you more than you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2017 at 9:55 AM, Shoshin said:

I like the current iron sights 'zoom', for me it kinda replicates focusing a shot in game.

 

 

This, I believe the zoom is there to replicate your eyes and brain 'focusing' on a certain area within your field of view.

 

Like when when driving a car, technically your eyes can see everything inside the car in front of you, the dash, the floor, the side windows, your legs etc etc BUT most of the time while driving your brain focuses mainly on whats going on through the windscreen. Your eyes don't actually zoom in real life. This is something that's almost impossible to replicate on a flat PC monitor without any combination of zoom and/or blur effects in game. Blur would absolutely drive everyone mad so I'm pretty sure the zoom effect is the way to go.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2017 at 10:57 AM, Arduras said:

Your playing at a resolution I'm pretty sure most don't and it might help you more than you think.

 

I know... that's why I specifically mentioned the res, but also why I said it was very clear as even reducing the fidelity by half I would still expect to see it reasonable well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now