Sign in to follow this  
MocnyMichal

PPSh 41 damage

Am I the only one who thinks PPSh-41 damage is to low? I know it's using 7,62x25 bullet, which does not have a lot of energy but I hardly see any real use for this gun in a game. Damage output seems too low, I had a lot of situations when I peppered guy at short range hitting him multiple times and it always ended in him turning at my direction and killing me before dropping.

So far I had the absolute opposite experience with the Papasha so far.
Absolute close range beast, but useless at ranges fights. Just as it should be.

The server tick rate is the deciding factor whether I use the thing. Bad server performance, and you'll trade deaths every time.

Posted (edited)

Raider in general is a really strong role and perfect for its objective. Go close - Compounds, Alleys, Flanks, - and cause Chaos. 

The Rauder has 4 Grenades. 4. Thats enourmous. 

With the AT nades u can push Humvees or BTRS back, u gotta Lurk and wait for the right moment, and then u can wipe entire Squads. 

The PPsH is more for finishing them off after u cause havoc with ur two Frag nades.

Edited by runningDuck

3 hours ago, runningDuck said:

Raider in general is a really strong role and perfect for its objective. Go close - Compounds, Alleys, Flanks, - and cause Chaos. 

The Rauder has 4 Grenades. 4. Thats enourmous. 

With the AT nades u can push Humvees or BTRS back, u gotta Lurk and wait for the right moment, and then u can wipe entire Squads. 

The PPsH is more for finishing them off after u cause havoc with ur two Frag nades.

That's it. Nothing like scare a vehicle with at nades like ninja spy on battlefield hahahaha

9 hours ago, Zhigunov said:

The 7.62x25 is not "Low energy" 

In general no, but I was thinking "compared to other primary weapons in Squad".

like Tillee, my experience with the ppsh so far has been a death machine in close quarters. i think your issue is likely some bad luck with server tick rates. 

i would confidently take on 2 enemies at close range. 3 when surprise is good, 4 with some luck and a full 9 man squad if they are "sticking near the SL" ready for a nade party.

When there is cover and I can peek from ladders, stairs and ninja across roof tops to give reload time then Raider is a machine. The class is definitely my fav for Sumari :)