B4rr3l

Squad DX12/Vulkan Support anytime soon?

On 2017-01-07 at 4:39 PM, banOkay said:

UE4 has terrible multithreading and rather puts most stuff on 1 core like games did 15 years ago, therefore AMD is bad :D 

My buddy wanted me to get an FX 8350 bundle, shut down half the cores and O/C it through the roof to match/exceed Intel. I'm broke af though and just went for i5-6600K and GTX 1050 (not even TI :/) but it's a whole ****ing heap better than my Athlon 860K and R7 260X. Put my 1050 in and still sitting at 20 FPS with the Athlon. I have the CPU just waiting on the motherboard to come in the mail.

Humm that zombie game workrd much better with only half of the cores. humm dying light, might worth a try.

So has there been any word on looking at moving to Vulkan for the API? From what I have seen there is almost NO reason to go to DX12 instead of Vulkan, @IrOnTaXi ?

Companies supporting Vulkan:

members.jpg

Companies supporting Dx12:

lrn-share-site-ms-logo.png

I rest my case.

Edited by BattIeBorn

As long as UE4 only has experimental Vulkan support for the mobile renderer and no support whatsoever for the desktop renderer which Squad uses, there's no point in even thinking about using Epic's Vulkan implementation.

Edited by jagheterjan